Sweet-Ass Kijiji deals.....

Puzzleboy

13 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, 1979. 

Was a nice original.  Had the bellypan repainted, but was otherwise pretty much untouched.  Even the seat cover was original. 

That year the 7500 was still in the low RV style chassis.... Would have probably been my choice... But was at the 79 snow X race in Wasaga and seen ( heard )the Centurian run... Kinda put an end to my team yellow dreams.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bladefever said:

That year the 7500 was still in the low RV style chassis.... Would have probably been my choice... But was at the 79 snow X race in Wasaga and seen ( heard )the Centurian run... Kinda put an end to my team yellow dreams.....

Was that race near the oval track in the woods?  I was at those races, but I thought it was more like '81 or '82.  I raced my three wheeler at one of those back then. I was just a kid at the time.  Good memories. 🍻

44 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Was that race near the oval track in the woods?  I was at those races, but I thought it was more like '81 or '82.  I raced my three wheeler at one of those back then. I was just a kid at the time.  Good memories. 🍻

First race was down at the waterfront. 82 was into the woods with a hill on the main straight.  Was racing a TXL at the 82 race. Tim Bender was there in 82. The late Danny Lee rode a 500 Indy Centurian there.  Yes good times

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bladefever said:

First race was down at the waterfront. 82 was into the woods with a hill on the main straight.  Was racing a TXL at the 82 race. Tim Bender was there in 82. The late Danny Lee rode a 500 Indy Centurian there.  Yes good times

Was Dan B or Glen racing at that one too

7 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Was Dan B or Glen racing at that one too

I didn't know Dan or Glen at that time. The Racers Edge was there. Rick ( star or start ) with the moustache got his hood crunched In one race. The Ski Doo guys were running MX Buzzards. And were a little..... Off pace....

35 minutes ago, bladefever said:

I didn't know Dan or Glen at that time. The Racers Edge was there. Rick ( star or start ) with the moustache got his hood crunched In one race. The Ski Doo guys were running MX Buzzards. And were a little..... Off pace....

Ok before them. Al was likely there then as was Chris B from Racers Edge. Yep buzzards no contest for sure, Doo had nothing for sure

• Like 1

Hard to believe a 40-something hp fanner trail sled wouldn't be competitive... :)

1 hour ago, bladefever said:

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Would look good in the ol' collection..... lol

I have enough memory left to remember the hype surrounding the intro,cool piece of sno mo history at the time i thought who would spend that kind of money for a sled now it seems like a bargoon I never seen one in person let alone on the snow,not sure what kind of a collection you have amassed but Iam sure it would hold its value and be a piece that no one else you know would ever have.Joe

• Like 1

Collection is getting a little too large.. might have to liquidate some.  Lol

Yep, me too!  They had them for a few years at the TO snowmobile show.  I still have the brochures.  :)  I think they only delivered 30-50 odd to dealers, and of that number, some were shipped exhaust-less..... so custom pipes were required to be fabricated to complete them.  

Some very trick pieces, nice machinings, etc.  And looked a lot cooler than the Blades (sorry H!) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Some very trick pieces, nice machinings, etc.  And looked a lot cooler than the Blades (sorry H!) 

Heyyyyy....  Lol

Most if not all are static display only sleds. Major issues trying to make them run properly. There is a reason this sled has 20 hrs on it. And possibly 10 of those on the rope.......

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Collection is getting a little too large.. might have to liquidate some.  Lol

Yep, me too!  They had them for a few years at the TO snowmobile show.  I still have the brochures.  :)  I think they only delivered 30-50 odd to dealers, and of that number, some were shipped exhaust-less..... so custom pipes were required to be fabricated to complete them.  

There was a Redline on display when the Snowcross ran indoors at ACC.  1999?