Sweet-Ass Kijiji deals.....

Puzzleboy

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Gave up on my buddy. I dont think he realized what he was asking for.....

I'm looking for a Kitty Cat though Stevie. Get to work fucker.....lol

Arctic Cat kitty cat on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/owen-sound/arctic-cat-kitty-cat/1322573262?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

little small for you big guy ...... 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 12/28/2017 at 9:50 PM, StevieWonder said:

Keep looking buddy.

I drove an hour and a half to look at that unit and it was beat to crap. Broken hood, broken belly pan, both skis cracked, seat torn down both sides, all the joints in the steering were worn completely out, all the bogies were worn out, the centrifugal clutch was well worn. You name it, it needed it but it did run......lol

And he won't budge off his $999 price tag.

It was a nice day for a drive at least. Seen plenty of trailers and sleds on trails up that way. Makes me want to pull mine out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Keep looking buddy.

I drove an hour and a half to look at that unit and it was beat to crap. Broken hood, broken belly pan, both skis cracked, seat torn down both sides, all the joints in the steering were worn completely out, all the bogies were worn out, the centrifugal clutch was well worn. You name it, it needed it but it did run......lol

And he won't budge off his $999 price tag.

It was a nice day for a drive at least. Seen plenty of trailers and sleds on trails up that way. Makes me want to pull mine out.

I will , that’s too bad of was a POS .

im sure you want to pull yours out ....

its nice out , you should leave it out ....

5 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Remember.. He told you it was Mint.....

Actually, over the phone he told me it was in good shape with a couple of normal war wounds.

Started pricing out some of the parts just so I'm familiar.

Hoods $220

Decals $100-150

Belly Pan $180

Bumper  $65

Skis   $80 Aftermarket

Windshield  $115

Track  $400

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

I will , that’s too bad of was a POS .

im sure you want to pull yours out ....

its nice out , you should leave it out ....

Not sure if I'll pull it out tonight. Maybe pull it out tomorrow afternoon but then its supposed to be damn cold tomorrow.

Its been awhile since it was out. But you know how it goes eh Stevie?

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

ya, seen that.

this is nice.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/muskoka/kitty-cat/1323694344

As he says though, its a clone.

This is what a true 78 looks like. Should have the leopard skin seat cover and aluminum tunnel/chassis.

79kittycat0002.jpg

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

ya, seen that.

this is nice.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/muskoka/kitty-cat/1323694344

As he says though, its a clone.

This is what a true 78 looks like. Should have the leopard skin seat cover and aluminum tunnel/chassis.

79kittycat0002.jpg

Young Austin Powers Sled?

Are you looking for vintage or something to keep for a few years then sell?  If so I would get a used/new 120 and sell it in a few years for near what you paid for it. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Young Austin Powers Sled?

Are you looking for vintage or something to keep for a few years then sell?  If so I would get a used/new 120 and sell it in a few years for near what you paid for it. 

I want vintage.

No intentions of riding it. I want something nice for a wall hanger/man cave.

That 78 in the pic is really what I want but almost any of them in original condition would be fine with me.

I realize now that the “79” I went to look at was actually an 80. That was a one year colour scheme.

12 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Just now, Blackstar said:

I want vintage.

That 78 in the pic is really what I want but almost any of them in original condition would be fine with me.

I realize now that the “79” I went to look at was actually an 80. That was a one year colour scheme.

To think, the one I purchased for my son, only cost me $650! I knew, going forward, these would only increase in value but with limited space, I had no choice to sell it when the time came. I missed out on one that Jesse purchased for $400 dollars. I was just going to flip it as it was an easy $600-$1000 in my pocket but I was glad to see he got for his daughter, I believe. 

018_18_04 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0128 (Large).JPG

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I want vintage.

You stuck on a Kitty Cat for your  man cave decor? If not maybe broaden the search to include the Moto-ski Mini Sno and Alouette Mini Brute. Both cool vintage kids sleds. 

15 minutes ago, irv said:

To think, the one I purchased for my son, only cost me $650! I knew, going forward, these would only increase in value but with limited space, I had no choice to sell it when the time came. I missed out on one that Jesse purchased for $400 dollars. I was just going to flip it as it was an easy $600-$1000 in my pocket but I was glad to see he got for his daughter, I believe. 

That's a 97 and someone has put on an 80's seat with the domes. Yep, should have kept that.

They are going up in price. A new 120 is over $3000 now. I should have bought one years ago. 20/20 hind sight.....lol  18 years now since they made the last Kitty.

10 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

You stuck on a Kitty Cat for your  man cave decor? If not maybe broaden the search to include the Moto-ski Mini Sno and Alouette Mini Brute. Both cool vintage kids sleds. 

Pretty much stuck on a Kitty Cat for one reason, you can still buy parts. Virtually everything is available through Arctic Cat or the aftermarket. If it ends up getting ridden in the future it could always be fixed when the inevitable happens.

I'd look at a Junior Brute but it would have to be in real good condition since almost no parts exist and it would be committed to the shelf forever. And I'd still want a Kitty Cat to put next to it.....lol

The Moto-Ski was ugly IMO. Still a great little sled but not my thing. There is one in the rafters at Royal Distributing's Guelph location (or was, I haven't been there for over a year).

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

I had to Google those. I like the Alouette Mini Brute best, that' a cool looking little sled. :bc:

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That's a 97 and someone has put on an 80's seat with the domes. Yep, should have kept that.

They are going up in price. A new 120 is over $3000 now. I should have bought one years ago. 20/20 hind sight.....lol  18 years now since they made the last Kitty.

Pretty much stuck on a Kitty Cat for one reason, you can still buy parts. Virtually everything is available through Arctic Cat or the aftermarket. If it ends up getting ridden in the future it could always be fixed when the inevitable happens

I'd look at a Junior Brute but it would have to be in real good condition since almost no parts exist and it would be committed to the shelf forever. And I'd still want a Kitty Cat to put next to it.....lol

The Moto-Ski was ugly IMO. Still a great little sled but not my thing. There is one in the rafters at Royal Distributing's Guelph location (or was, I haven't been there for over a year).

Yeah, I remember when I was also looking, I knew that sled wasn't 100% stock. I wish it had of came with the proper seat as I prefered the looks of them better, but I wasn't about to let it be a deal breaker.

As you say, hindsight is 20/20, but then again, with hardly enough room for anything now, it would have been hard to justify keeping it, especially when I put my profit towards the Indy Lite I purchased for him. That one I also wish I still had! 

2011WFBestofShow.jpeg.jpg

1971_MOTO_SKI_MINI_SNO_DANNY_PP2416.jpg

Edited by irv

42 minutes ago, irv said:

I had to Google those. I like the Alouette Mini Brute best, that' a cool looking little sled. :bc:

Yeah, I remember when I was also looking, I knew that sled wasn't 100% stock. I wish it had of came with the proper seat as I prefered the looks of them better, but I wasn't about to let it be a deal breaker.

As you say, hindsight is 20/20, but then again, with hardly enough room for anything now, it would have been hard to justify keeping it, especially when I put my profit towards the Indy Lite I purchased for him. That one I also wish I still had! 

We are all becoming our parents

"Wish I could have kept that".

This is what I want right here...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/windsor-area-on/arctic-cat-kitty-cat/1323762993

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Well, go get it ASAP, or at least have them hold it for you. Of course, it might be gone already. LOL

6 hours ago, Pete Z said:

That looks like a good clean original one. 

I've been texting back and forth with him. He says there is a crack in the hood but it doesn't show in the pics. Some scratches and scruffs from use but no major damage. He's sending me more pics in the morning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've been texting back and forth with him. He says there is a crack in the hood but it doesn't show in the pics. Some scratches and scruffs from use but no major damage. He's sending me more pics in the morning.

1995 arctic cat kitty cat  on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/windsor-area-on/1995-arctic-cat-kitty-cat/1323894500?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

looks like the same one listed here  here , crack in hood , 2 in lift , 

pics go  from mint to not mint ....

16 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

1995 arctic cat kitty cat  on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/windsor-area-on/1995-arctic-cat-kitty-cat/1323894500?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

looks like the same one listed here  here , crack in hood , 2 in lift , 

pics go  from mint to not mint ....

I talked to that guy by email yesterday. He was selling a Mini Z and mentioned the Kitty Cat in the ad. He's owned it for 3 years. Hasn't done anything to it. He was asking $1300 but then he noticed the tear in the seat.

Look at the pic from the front. The hood has been crashed and patched back together with sheet metal and a piano hinge. To me, it needs a new hood, belly pan, bumper and a decal kit at the least.

Might end up looking at both if i go that way. They are only a short distance apart.

Edited by Blackstar

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I talked to that guy by email yesterday. He was selling a Mini Z and mentioned the Kitty Cat in the ad. He's owned it for 3 years. Hasn't done anything to it. He was asking $1300 but then he noticed the tear in the seat.

Look at the pic from the front. The hood has been crashed and patched back together with sheet metal and a piano hinge. To me, it needs a new hood, belly pan, bumper and a decal kit at the least.

Might end up looking at both if i go that way. They are only a short distance apart.

Ya that’s why I said , pics get no so mint lol .

will need a new cowl , decals . Or at least a lot of work on the front .

3 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Ya that’s why I said , pics get no so mint lol .

will need a new cowl , decals . Or at least a lot of work on the front .

Not sure what you guys are talking about...... I went thru the whole sled myself... Its MINT!!!

FB_IMG_1514332490251-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1