Sweet-Ass Kijiji deals.....

Puzzleboy

8 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Well the market is hot . Two Phazers , in good condition on a double trailer for 2gs obo .

sold quick 

Was thinking about going for a look-see for my SIL, but knew time would be of the essence.

It's crazy , you got to be ready to move . There was a guy in Barrie , on the 25th he listed a 98 touring 500 fan , needed top end for 800 . In two hours he relisted it for 1200 , and was sold in a few hours .

Edited by StevieWonder

12 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

It's crazy , you got to be ready to move . There was a guy in Barrie , on the 25th he listed a 98 touring 500 fan , needed top end for 800 . In two hours he relisted it for 1200 , and was sold in a few hours .

Ya, I keep some cash handy when I am in the market for something.  Years ago, I went to buy a sled and hit up my bank for 4k cash.  I had enough in my account, but they made me go through hoops to get it.  Had to get a manager approval.  Fast forward to last september, same branch - I asked to withdraw 4k.  They said no.  Again, I had enough in my accounts to cover it, but they would only give me 2k, and told me I would have to go to another branch to get the other 2k.  They're reason was that they didn't have enough cash on hand.  WTF?  I nearly lost my shit.  This was TD btw.  Its my fucking money, and if I want to take out 10k, I should be able to take out 10k.

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Ya, I keep some cash handy when I am in the market for something.  Years ago, I went to buy a sled and hit up my bank for 4k cash.  I had enough in my account, but they made me go through hoops to get it.  Had to get a manager approval.  Fast forward to last september, same branch - I asked to withdraw 4k.  They said no.  Again, I had enough in my accounts to cover it, but they would only give me 2k, and told me I would have to go to another branch to get the other 2k.  They're reason was that they didn't have enough cash on hand.  WTF?  I nearly lost my shit.  This was TD btw.  Its my fucking money, and if I want to take out 10k, I should be able to take out 10k.

Most banks don't keep that kind of extra cash on hand and haven't for years. If you call a couple of days in advance you can get larger amounts than the standard $2000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

Last May I needed $7000. Walked into a TD branch unannounced and asked for cash. The teller went back to check, came back and said no problem. I was going to pay with a bank draft but the dude wanted cash.

I think it depends on how handsome you are. lol

Edited by 2strokemerc
  • Like 1

My RBC always says the same thing.  They always give me the speech, then they go get the cash.  But they give me the spiel every time. 

And draughts leave a paper trail..... :)

Once I withdrew $20k USD (was prearranged).  They asked what was the money for...... I wrote down "drugs".  Never heard anything since.....

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

My RBC always says the same thing.  They always give me the speech, then they go get the cash.  But they give me the spiel every time. 

And draughts leave a paper trail..... :)

Once I withdrew $20k USD (was prearranged).  They asked what was the money for...... I wrote down "drugs".  Never heard anything since.....

If you wrote anything but drugs it would have attracted attention....not surprised you didn't hear anything back... :)

24 minutes ago, Sedz said:

I took out 7k on New Year's Eve and the teller told me to "be careful". 

Felt like that was a bad omen. 

If you took out 20 bucks the teller would tell you that ,....... and you'd prob dislocate your shoulder reaching across for it ......

2 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

If you took out 20 bucks the teller would tell you that ,....... and you'd prob dislocate your shoulder reaching across for it ......

I'm just happy she didn't offer up a firm handshake. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 9:25 AM, dirtybeacher said:

When I started reading this I was certain you were going to say CIBC. I dealt with them once when I assumed the mortgage of the seller on my first home.

Could not believe the B.S. this bank spewed and how inept they were with simple tasks. When my mortgage was up in 6 months I moved to TD and never looked back. 

I have dealt with TD for years and years since then and never ever had a problem like your's. If I did, they would no longer get any of my business and I'd pull my money out so fast, they wouldn't know what hit them. 

I've dealt with TD for many years and have on occasion taken out large amounts of cash. What they explained makes sense. A branch only keeps X $'s on hand based on historical demand plus a cushion. They monitor cash on hand levels daily and order cash as required. If you come in and want $7k and perhaps you're not the only one while their on hand cash is getting low and they are waiting for a delivery of cash, it may pose a problem. They don't want to run out of cash for the person that wants $500. If they have a full supply on hand after having just gotten a delivery and you want that $7k its not a problem since they have lots on hand and just reorder sooner.

23 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Did 7 grand cover the New Years' women and whiskey?  Well, hopefully the whiskey, anyway.....

Nah, all I got was this shitty kitty. 

IMG_0220.JPG

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I sent that to him last nite , I think he's busy molesting his collection 

I having a real hard time removing that visual from my head....... I'm hoping he at least put down some 6mil Polly around his " work out station ".......

37 minutes ago, bladefever said:

I having a real hard time removing that visual from my head....... I'm hoping he at least put down some 6mil Polly around his " work out station ".......

I just read the vintage sled thread.:lol: