Best Crossover of the year!

Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member

No doubt a sweet ride.   If its rear rode as well as the r-motion it would really be a great sled.  Nothing in the industry is as good as the R-Motion rear.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No doubt a sweet ride.   If its rear rode as well as the r-motion it would really be a great sled.  Nothing in the industry is as good as the R-Motion rear.  

It's an uncoipled rmotion

Just now, f7ben said:

It's an uncoipled rmotion

Yeah and it rides as such.   Transfers like mad but simply is not as smooth in many conditions.   I'm not saying its bad but the r-motion is simply a bit better.  

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah and it rides as such.   Transfers like mad but simply is not as smooth in many conditions.   I'm not saying its bad but the r-motion is simply a bit better.  

I attribute alot of that to the spring and shock valving. Its pretty stiff. Im gonna mess with that for next year. 

35 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I attribute alot of that to the spring and shock valving. Its pretty stiff. Im gonna mess with that for next year. 

Move your lower scissors pivot on the rail forward before you spend the money on changing springs/shocks.  

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Move your lower scissors pivot on the rail forward before you spend the money on changing springs/shocks.  

I don't think they have the other pivot hole on this model. That was 2016 I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I don't think they have the other pivot hole on this model. That was 2016 I believe. 

You do know how to use a tape measure, center punch and drill correct?   Just make sure the scissors doesn't bottom out on the rear wheels. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You do know how to use a tape measure, center punch and drill correct?   Just make sure the scissors doesn't bottom out on the rear wheels. 

Hell with that!

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hell with that!

I know, tough job.  :lol:  Better than spending hundreds when something simple can do the trick.  :lol:  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Assault

To be honest its not bad at all its just stiff. I have not been sore riding it once, and has never kicked back on me. But I am prolly 250lbs all geared up and I have all of the settings on full soft so it could use some more adjustability. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

To be honest its not bad at all its just stiff. I have not been sore riding it once, and has never kicked back on me. But I am prolly 250lbs all geared up and I have all of the settings on full soft so it could use some more adjustability. 

Drill a new hole on the lower rail....you won't be sorry you tried it.  

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yup.  I think the spring rate is fine for me, but the shock valving needs work.

3 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

X2. Great sled.  I like it’s trail manners way more than my Freeride.  Flip a coin for offtrail.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yeah no.  Won’t that make the leverage ratio stiffer?  It’s already too stiff.  

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hell with that!

X2 

7 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

How much farther forward would you drill the hole?

Enough to keep like 1/4 to 3/8" between edges of the holes.

I'll remind you I've never done this on an Assault myself but have on other sleds.   In fact I'll be doing it on my Winder soon.  I'm even considering milling forward and making my own spacers so its adjustable or even threaded stop like the rear axles are done.  

I'd also advise a bit of research on HCS or better any Polaris forums.   Without question I'd surmise this has been done and discussed in a forum.

With the Assault being uncoupled make sure full compression is checked so the scissors doesn't get into the rear wheels.   I can't emphasize this enough.  

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  I think the spring rate is fine for me, but the shock valving needs work.

X2. Great sled.  I like it’s trail manners way more than my Freeride.  Flip a coin for offtrail.

Yeah no.  Won’t that make the leverage ratio stiffer?  It’s already too stiff.  

X2 

Nope.   Moving the lower point forward softens the ride.  We are talking the rear.   If moving the center lower point forward would stiffen the center and give more transfer.  Never really heard of anyone doing that.

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Enough to keep like 1/4 to 3/8" between edges of the holes.

I'll remind you I've never done this on an Assault myself but have on other sleds.   In fact I'll be doing it on my Winder soon.  I'm even considering milling forward and making my own spacers so its adjustable or even threaded stop like the rear axles are done.  

I'd also advise a bit of research on HCS or better any Polaris forums.   Without question I'd surmise this has been done and discussed in a forum.

With the Assault being uncoupled make sure full compression is checked so the scissors doesn't get into the rear wheels.   I can't emphasize this enough.  

I read the Assault forums quite a bit and it’s the first time I’ve seen it suggested.  I remember the old Indy skids you could do that sure.  But I have learned when ever you think you can second-guess the engineers who designed the sled, you’re usually going to give up more of something else.  My shocks are gonna be ready for a rebuild by the end of the year, so I’ll talk to Ian at Monster then to see what he has for a fix. :bc: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I read the Assault forums quite a bit and it’s the first time I’ve seen it suggested.  I remember the old Indy skids you could do that sure.  But I have learned when ever you think you can second-guess the engineers who designed the sled, you’re usually going to give up more of something else.  My shocks are gonna be ready for a rebuild by the end of the year, so I’ll talk to Ian at Monster then to see what he has for a fix. :bc: 

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Reports are in certain situations it tries to buck you off.

I've only read about one incident, and it turns out the rear shock was defective. (The owner posts on HCS.) Have you seen a bunch of other reports? If so, where?