Spring/Summer 2018

Kev144

24 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yes, was quite nauseous from all the 24-7 Polaris talk.......

Actually we should been nauseous from your nonstop rambling that day.......Don’t forget the backpack toting mouse....

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Just another day in muskoka

6E7A06C7-FCB1-46E9-9938-7B54F2BF93ED.jpeg

Do you know the story? Looks like a pretty nice boat!

Beautiful day at camp. Spent most of the morning and afternoon on the deck watching the kid play. Had to run into Huntsville for a new TV and some other shit. Went to the lake a while ago and had a great swim. Not leaving till Wednesday. 

20180721_200237.jpg

20180721_172811.jpg

• Like 4

I love Huntsville. Spent a few years of my youth there when my Dad worked at the Kimberly Clark facility helping build it. Looks like you've got a great spot, Reevester. 

7 hours ago, irv said:

I love Huntsville. Spent a few years of my youth there when my Dad worked at the Kimberly Clark facility helping build it. Looks like you've got a great spot, Reevester. 

Visited that mill in 88 as part of my orientation with KC.  Area was quite a bit different than today, was a one horse town then.  We were laughing at an EE who had just put in his transfer there, but I think he made a smart move.  

8 hours ago, irv said:

About 35 minutes from Huntsville just off the Seguin trail is where we are. Not on a lake but 5-10 minutes away from a dozen different lakes with no real traffic of people and boats. 

We went out in the boat yesterday and had a great time. Cameron was a little choppy early on but got better as the wind died down. There's a couple nice cottages on the river for sale and doubt they'll be on the market very long

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Visited that mill in 88 as part of my orientation with KC.  Area was quite a bit different than today, was a one horse town then.  We were laughing at an EE who had just put in his transfer there, but I think he made a smart move.  

I was really young, likely around 5 years old give or take. We stayed in a rented cottage on some river somewhere (I'll have to ask my dad exactly where?) and occasionally on a Saturday night we'd go watch the bears at the local dump. It was great fun as a kid, being on the water swimming, fishing, lots of room to ride bikes, play ball, games, etc.

I always remember Hulatuck's  garage (sp) for some reason? Obviously my dad had to go there a time or two for some reason or another, but it always seemed to come up in conversations?

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Big changes now. Lots of city folk moving up there.

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Big changes now. Lots of city folk moving up there.

We get to Huntsville about once every one or teo years now.  Back then we made fun of the Main street, the whole 300 foot strip.  But we were city folk.  :lol:

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We get to Huntsville about once every one or teo years now.  Back then we made fun of the Main street, the whole 300 foot strip.  But we were city folk.  :lol:

big changes coming as well. even a starbucks……………..