Spring/Summer 2018

Kev144

I gave my sled a major wash in the driveway today (+12c here).   Not sure if I will ride it again this season or not?  I would like to get out one more time but I am not counting on it.

Looking forward to getting my Africa Twin out for a ride soon.   

Orillia Perch Festival isn't far off.... April 21. For me that's the first boat in the water of the season.

https://www.orillia.com/index.php?id=22

I wonder what it will be like this year. I have been out for the perch festival in shorts and t-shirt. I have also been out in a winter coat and touque where the only open water was in the narrows between Simcoe and Couchiching.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Getting my mustang convertible out to-day, and cleaning up the turbo cat, and putting it in the trailer for the summer.

It is quite sad we are doing this end of Feb :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yesterday, I finished trimming my shed that I never got to in the fall. Putting a coat of stain on it today.

Thinking about raking the lawn yet today too.

10-15 cms in the forecast for tomorrow. I don't see how much will accumulate since the frost is basically out of the ground.

I've been thinking about taking a run up north next week but I put the sleds away a month ago and I'd have to tear up the lawn to get them out now. Probably just leave them there and due some stuff around the house instead.

One ride of 120 kms and yet I plowed snow 21 times this season. Crazy Winter.....lol

• Like 1

Which helmet were you wearing? 

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

Orillia Perch Festival isn't far off.... April 21. For me that's the first boat in the water of the season.

https://www.orillia.com/index.php?id=22

I wonder what it will be like this year. I have been out for the perch festival in shorts and t-shirt. I have also been out in a winter coat and touque where the only open water was in the narrows between Simcoe and Couchiching.

I know.  

Just like that "Road Closed" barrier blocking the washout in the road near Orangeville was just a suggestion....., NOTAMs are just a reference...., etc.   :)

How WAS your basement ride this past weekend? 

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I know.  

Just like that "Road Closed" barrier blocking the washout in the road near Orangeville was just a suggestion....., NOTAMs are just a reference...., etc.   :)

How WAS your basement ride this past weekend? 

No very different, if a landowner closes a gate or posts a closed trail it is closed, perhaps not for you, but for me as a land owner that is the way it is. 

Like Tim said, it is unrealistic for every single landowner to post a closed sign every time the trail is shut down by the OFSC regardless. 

I would think in the technology era, the ITG should be given some credence.  JMO, never said it was gospel. 

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Like Tim said, it is unrealistic for every single landowner to post a closed sign every time the trail is shut down by the OFSC regardless. 

I would think in the technology era, the ITG should be given some credence.  JMO, never said it was gospel. 

and when I go to my place I don't even reference the guide, I just to go ride or visit regardless.  Like in the summer whether it is 10C and rain I go regardless.    

I'll call bullshit on that one.  Pretty sure I've seen some fellows checking the ITG on their phones.....

Just now, Poncho said:

and when I go to my place I don't even reference the guide, I just to go ride or visit regardless.  Like in the summer whether it is 10C and rain I go regardless.    

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'll call bullshit on that one.  Pretty sure I've seen some fellows checking the ITG on their phones.....

Only when looking for a lost rider.....generally pinned by SMO on the ITG