ANTOP Antenna

Algonquin Rider

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Had to be put down Valentines day morning. She had her horse for almost 25 years of his 27 year life.

Sorry to hear. Always tough to put an animal. Had to put down my stupid cat last fall. Sucked.

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That was the monthly average when board, blacksmith and vet (annual shots etc.) are included. It didn't cost as much when she got her horse almost 25 years ago. Inflation factors in.

Not for anything 02 we spend a lot for our 2 dogs.  Not far from that and likely more.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sorry to hear. Always tough to put an animal. Had to put down my stupid cat last fall. Sucked.

Sorry to hear about the cat... big or small those 4 legged family members are just that... family members.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not for anything 02 we spend a lot for our 2 dogs.  Not far from that and likely more.

I shudder to think about and don't want to know what the horse cost us over the years. The show saddle and other gear/clothes. The horse trailer. Emergency surgery at University of Guelph and recovery just over 4 years ago. Horse show entry fees two days a week from spring to fall. The gas going to and from the shows, motels etc.

As for your dogs... I'll bet you would say worth every penny... same with the horse. He made my wife very happy for a very long time.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Had to be put down Valentines day morning. She had her horse for almost 25 years of his 27 year life.

Oh my. I am very sorry to hear this Gary, I know how much you and Sue loved the horse. 

Please send my condolences to Susan for me....

2 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Oh my. I am very sorry to hear this Gary, I know how much you and Sue loved the horse. 

Please send my condolences to Susan for me....

I will... thanks Paul

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I shudder to think about and don't want to know what the horse cost us over the years. The show saddle and other gear/clothes. The horse trailer. Emergency surgery at University of Guelph and recovery just over 4 years ago. Horse show entry fees two days a week from spring to fall. The gas going to and from the shows, motels etc.

As for your dogs... I'll bet you would say worth every penny... same with the horse. He made my wife very happy for a very long time.

They are worth every penny and more.  Can't imagine life without pets.

16 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are worth every penny and more.  Can't imagine life without pets.

agreed... he was my wife's horse but I'll admit I cried as he went to sleep and I miss the old nag... whenever I went to the barn I would get frisked as he nosed around my pockets for treats

It won't be long and we will be looking for a dog.... It's been about 7 years now without one. The horse filled the need.

16 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You poop we scoop.:lol:

https://www.poop-patrol.com

When we had our golden retriever (Billy) we accepted the lawn in the back yard was doomed. There wasn't any yard clean up during the winter but each spring we paid one of the neighbour kids quite well to rid the yard of the accumulated land mines.