ANTOP Antenna

Algonquin Rider

1 hour ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Has anyone tried the "Over the Air" TV Antenna's?

Just wondering how they work away from major cities.

not much OTA to watch unless you like foreign channels 

here is a list of channels you can get from Toronto  http://overtheair.saveandreplay.com/OTA_Channels_Toronto_GTA.asp

The further you are from USA border and main city the worse it gets - for instants Sudbury you would get 4 channels at best 

If you just like news and a few shows it might work for you, if you like sports it will not work for you

I used to run OTA via satellite 

Edited by 1trailmaker

On 2/27/2018 at 8:52 AM, Algonquin Rider said:

Has anyone tried the "Over the Air" TV Antenna's?

Just wondering how they work away from major cities.

There is web site that lets you check signal availability.I,m between Sudbury and Parry Sound.My signal availability is 0

Are you thinking about something for the cottage? Shaw satellite has a cottage (light) pkg. which with a PVR is about $50/mth incl. tax. They let you shut down for 180 days in the fall at no cost. It reactivates by itself on schedule. I didn't want it but my wife didn't like not being able to see The Young & the Restless when everything switched to digital.

18 hours ago, 02sled said:

Are you thinking about something for the cottage? Shaw satellite has a cottage (light) pkg. which with a PVR is about $50/mth incl. tax. They let you shut down for 180 days in the fall at no cost. It reactivates by itself on schedule. I didn't want it but my wife didn't like not being able to see The Young & the Restless when everything switched to digital.

Just get another dish and buy a receiver to add to your existing account.  Why waste 50/mth, get an internet package and a droid box and stream Netflix, ShowBox etc.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just get another dish and buy a receiver to add to your existing account.  Why waste 50/mth, get an internet package and a droid box and stream Netflix, ShowBox etc.

We don't have satellite service at home. It's cable so it's not just buying another dish and receiver. We don't watch movies very often. When we are at the lake I rarely watch anything, TV show or movie. It's primarily for my wife to watch the Food Network, Weather Network and The Young & The Restless.

21 minutes ago, 02sled said:

We don't have satellite service at home. It's cable so it's not just buying another dish and receiver. We don't watch movies very often. When we are at the lake I rarely watch anything, TV show or movie. It's primarily for my wife to watch the Food Network, Weather Network and The Young & The Restless.

Still, get an unlimted internet package if possible and you can stream yours Rogers Service from anywhere.  Much more practical.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/anyplacetv

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cliffy has no time for TV as its story time at 02sleds place, long winded stories are spoken nightly in his basement :lol: 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Cliffy has no time for TV as its story time at 02sleds place, long winded stories are spoken nightly in his basement :lol: 

:lol::lol:Fail you don't even have time to earn the pay cheque... you spend your day on here posting blah blah blah :bullshit: . How do you not feel guilty collecting a pay cheque when you do so little to earn it thief.  

During the summer months I have a lot better things to do with my time than watching TV. Lots of time on the boat or fishing and much more... Unlike you... who spends most of your time getting high and becoming dumber by the hour.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Still, get an unlimted internet package if possible and you can stream yours Rogers Service from anywhere.  Much more practical.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/anyplacetv

I checked around for satellite internet service as an option and it was going to cost me more than the satellite TV we have. The other aspect is we can shut down the service for the winter months without any fees or charges. My total for the summer months is basically $300. Less than two trail permits. Just one example

Capture1.thumb.JPG.cfae90ebc0a57935a4df620d7026f8fa.JPG

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Story time.:lol:

49 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I checked around for satellite internet service as an option and it was going to cost me more than the satellite TV we have. The other aspect is we can shut down the service for the winter months without any fees or charges. My total for the summer months is basically $300. Less than two trail permits. Just one example

Capture1.thumb.JPG.cfae90ebc0a57935a4df620d7026f8fa.JPG

Sat internet won't cut it.

You were spending $800/month on a horse.:lol:

Aren't you gonna build anymore, you won't be shutting it down anymore if you do.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Story time.:lol:

Sat internet won't cut it.

You were spending $800/month on a horse.:lol:

Aren't you gonna build anymore, you won't be shutting it down anymore if you do.

Now that we don't have the horse the likelihood of building and moving has increased 10 fold. The hang up was my wife not wanting to relocate her horse. Unless things change I can't get anything other than satellite in Port Severn.

I had xplornet at the house for a few years. Their service sucked. A neighbor who's my computer guy also had it. Complained that the download speed was never what they said. Ask for a few numbers of people in the area that are using xplornet. You know... Never trust a salesman.....

5 minutes ago, bladefever said:

I had xplornet at the house for a few years. Their service sucked. A neighbor who's my computer guy also had it. Complained that the download speed was never what they said. Ask for a few numbers of people in the area that are using xplornet. You know... Never trust a salesman.....

The data caps are also a big problem.

13 minutes ago, Poncho said:

That is sad.....must be tough.  I still miss Poncho

Indeed it was... I held his head when the syringes were put in. My wife couldn't... she was bawling.

10 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

800 a month on a frickin horse? Wtf 

That was the monthly average when board, blacksmith and vet (annual shots etc.) are included. It didn't cost as much when she got her horse almost 25 years ago. Inflation factors in.

Edited by 02sled