All blue sidewinder

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I have never heard the term dooryard in Ontario or Alberta lol

It could have been a NE US thing.   It goes back years when that whole thing was hashed over.   Someone else will remember those conversations.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It could have been a NE US thing.   It goes back years when that whole thing was hashed over.   Someone else will remember those conversations.  :lol:  

Pretty sure that's from OT waaaay back. Their term for a side yard. Definitely a northern ne thing. I love riding in Maine but can barely understand some of those fuckers. :lol:

1 minute ago, sledderj said:

?  That would be in a regular chassis, just lowered and a speed track, no?

Aero comes into play bigtime at 165mph....I would imagine it has an airdam in the front and possibly fairings and cut seat etc etc

Also they are running 3000' or so I think so its tough to compare where as someone running 1000' on timers has a good benchmark

Dont get me wrong.....that is awesome speed and a lot of work probably went into getting it there but its certainly not just a tune on a sidewinder and go 

4 hours ago, Rw06GT said:

Pretty sure that's from OT waaaay back. Their term for a side yard. Definitely a northern ne thing. I love riding in Maine but can barely understand some of those fuckers. :lol:

My wife is from Maine.  You’re pronouncing it wrong.  Think “Doah yahd”. :lol:  

Just went and looked.....no aero or cut seat. That is really getting it done in 2500' ......like said in the thread though. Lots of tips and tricks and little things to make a sled go that fast

Really impressive though

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Just went and looked.....no aero or cut seat. That is really getting it done in 2500' ......like said in the thread though. Lots of tips and tricks and little things to make a sled go that fast

Really impressive though

It does look like it has a lot of tweeks.  Any idea what's with the pipe coming out of the clutch side panel?  The exhaust should be on the other side of the sled.  

2 minutes ago, sledderj said:

It does look like it has a lot of tweeks.  Any idea what's with the pipe coming out of the clutch side panel?  The exhaust should be on the other side of the sled.  

intake , intercooler piping or exhaust.....thats about all there is 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, f7ben said:

That is more about chassis than it is about motor

Way more.   Stock chassis, stock turbo did go 134 in 1320.  Not too shabby.