The home buying party is breaking up.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nice to see him jumping in over here and relieving some frustrations.  :lmao: He jumped in and carved Benny up pretty good earlier this morning.....I just laughed.  

F7? I think i saw that. Something to do with axys info or something like that lol

3 hours ago, Legend said:

Find yourself a sugar daddy and be his poolboy twink.

If only life were that simple :lol: 

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

No, I hear you bro, I wasn't at all implying you would ditch off the parents,  just pointing out the lake house in OF could possibly take longer than you have in mind..

At his 100 and 1/2 b-day..💪☝☝

DSC_1637.JPG

If only it was on the lake, we're the last house on the peninsula that has state land between us and the lake. It's the perfect location for everything but owning a boat, which should save me a lot of money in the long run honestly lol

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

you are a fool if you pay  rent . one of my rentals a woman has litteraly bought the fucking duplex in rent. she has been there just over 15 yrs and her rent has coverd the whole payment every mo .

long term stupid not to own . very stupid .

short term if you do not know what you are doing you can deff loose your ass. seen a lot of people who watch way to much flip this shit box showes and really think it only cost 5k to redo a kit and 3k to do the bath and 2k for a roof lmfao . those shows should be illegal 

It sucks, but people like her are usually living paycheck to paycheck, every time you have car trouble, boom, your savings is wiped out.

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

A house that you buy to live in is not an investment. I always get into arguments with people about this. An investment is something that makes you money, the house you live in will cost you 5x what you sell it for... At least. It's an asset but not an investment.  

I had this conversation with my parents about the home I grew up in. It's the house my mom grew up in, and my parents bought it from her parents at below market value. They were able to do this because my great, great grandparents died in their 60's just before I came around because they were drunks. My great grandparents moved 3 blocks away to my great great grandparents' house and my parents never got a mortgage from a bank, they just paid my grandparents directly for 15/20 years. My family isn't where we are because of luck and my parents made damn sure I knew that. :bc: 

41 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wow. That is really bizarre. I really don't give two shits what you do or don't do. Sounds like you may have some daddy issues to work out?

You are spending way too much time on the internet. You are becoming delusional. 

Wait what? I'm delusional? I thought my craziness was fairly grounded in reality :lol: 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

That is amazing.  Are you close to any big cities?

It depends. When house prices get too high or interest rates do and it costs you way more to rent the house than it does to rent the money from the bank, and on top of that houses are a all time highs, the then what's the difference?

No, about 45 min to Maine's largest city of 60,000. But we have a 6 figure household income and almost no student loan debt so it's not like it's a super low income area. Maine is the way life should be besides our overall tax burden is one of the higher ones in the country... :bc:

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You're delusional craziness is orbiting fucking earth, there's nothing grounded about it...

Understanding reality and going along with it are not the same, I'm mentally sound.

5 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

No, about 45 min to Maine's largest city of 60,000. But we have a 6 figure household income and almost no student loan debt so it's not like it's a super low income area. Maine is the way life should be besides our overall tax burden is one of the higher ones in the country... :bc:

Maine is good shit. With the exception of this.

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

It sucks, but people like her are usually living paycheck to paycheck, every time you have car trouble, boom, your savings is wiped out.

not her .

nurse same hospital for yrs . drives a pretty new volvo 

I know a guy who took over his dads buildings . had the same woman in a 2 bedroom in uptown for over 60 yrs she moved in when she was 19 and died in the fucking place .  

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not her .

nurse same hospital for yrs . drives a pretty new volvo 

I know a guy who took over his dads buildings . had the same woman in a 2 bedroom in uptown for over 60 yrs she moved in when she was 19 and died in the fucking place .  

Then she's making a bad decision and I don't give a fuck lolol Not my problem that some people can't handle money.

7 hours ago, Wildboer said:

You seem to be under the impression home buying is affordable.

For me, as an only child with well to do parents, I'm inheriting at least one paid off home... If it weren't for that I could be renting for life at this rate.

good luck with that . get just 1 in a nursing home and see how that works out .my wife just got her 71yr old mothers taxes finished she paid 113600.00 in nursing home expenses this yr . could drag out a few more yrs . that eats up a inheritance real quick . this is a average place not many frills with a shared room . dont bank on that house 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HSR said:

Soooo spoiled rich kid,,,,, that explains your sense of entitlement. So how are you going to afford to maintain said 400k home,,inheritance or pull a few extra shifts bartending???? Boy it's a good thing you have responsible parents.

his old man is a contractor so he said before . no idea how big but sounds residential call it 250 max more than likely 120 to 180  

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

good luck with that . get just 1 in a nursing home and see how that works out .my wife just got her 71yr old mothers taxes finished she paid 113600.00 in nursing home expenses this yr . could drag out a few more yrs . that eats up a inheritance real quick . this is a average place not many frills with a shared room . dont bank on that house 

This is why you do estate planning... Also why I'm willing to stick around and help my parents to the end instead of handing them off. 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not what you said before 

Where?

8 hours ago, Wildboer said:

This is a philosophical argument, not an economic one. The economics is the unsustainability of ever increasing home prices.

well that argument has been shot full of holes every yr for the last 200 yrs or so 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well that argument has been shot full of holes every yr for the last 200 yrs or so 

I truly harken for the glorious economic times of 2008/2009 when housing prices were skyrocketing according to plan!!! :lol: It also comforts me dearly that the housing market has FULLY recovered :guzzle:

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

This is why you do estate planning... Also why I'm willing to stick around and help my parents to the end instead of handing them off. 

Where?

oh so you are going to fuck your neighbors with your mom and dads bills then ? just let the tax payer flip the bill ha? 

you stick around till the end make sure you get all the doors made wide enough for the wheel chairs . make sure you get lifts installed over the toilets and beds and showers . make sure you dont have a job or a social life or sleep  because it is a 24 /7 deal . btw privet nurse if that is your next come back over 100k a yr for 8hr a day no weekends and holidays .  

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

I truly harken for the glorious economic times of 2008/2009 when housing prices were skyrocketing according to plan!!! :lol: It also comforts me dearly that the housing market has FULLY recovered :guzzle:

hey worked out great for some of us . fuck heads who went in over there head deserve what they goy just like the banks who lent to them . I know some guys who are average guys who made a fuck load of money in the last few yrs selling off real estate they bet there whole savings on in 09/10 . fucking rolling in it from those deals . but like I said when this started if you dont know shit about real estate you can deff loose your ass  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

oh so you are going to fuck your neighbors with your mom and dads bills then ? just let the tax payer flip the bill ha? 

you stick around till the end make sure you get all the doors made wide enough for the wheel chairs . make sure you get lifts installed over the toilets and beds and showers . make sure you dont have a job or a social life or sleep  because it is a 24 /7 deal . btw privet nurse if that is your next come back over 100k a yr for 8hr a day no weekends and holidays .  

:lol: My family has been through this with grandparents who didn't have money. You think we don't know how to hand money to the next generation slowly via tax exempt gifts? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

:lol: My family has been through this with grandparents who didn't have money. You think we don't know how to hand money to the next generation slowly via tax exempt gifts? :lol: 

and fuck the tax payer good for you and your worthless family . congrats 

yes guess what my family and my wife's have also had grandparents and great grandparents . and guess what they all payed there own way that is why you save .  fucking pathetic put me on ignore no respect at all for you or your family 

35 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and fuck the tax payer good for you and your worthless family . congrats 

yes guess what my family and my wife's have also had grandparents and great grandparents . and guess what they all payed there own way that is why you save .  fucking pathetic put me on ignore no respect at all for you or your family 

Wtf :lol: You do what you can within the tax code. Are you some kind of liberal hypocrite expecting us to "pay our fair share"???