The home buying party is breaking up.

We live in half the house the bank would loan us money for, on a 15 year mortgage, and will be paid off in my mid 40s.  I'll let others play the crazy housing game.  I'll be ready for retirement in my 50s and sitting on the beach somewhere.  Or still working but not because I have to.

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

We live in half the house the bank would loan us money for, on a 15 year mortgage, and will be paid off in my mid 40s.  I'll let others play the crazy housing game.  I'll be ready for retirement in my 50s and sitting on the beach somewhere.  Or still working but not because I have to.

That's the way to do it!. A sign went up next to a friends place and the wife looked up the listing out of curiosity. 25 acre property with an old shack on it for $249K. Then she saw the listing that were looking at and said what sou you think?. I said let's check it out and the process has begun. I never thought of going waterfront and now may be able to just hop in the boat and go

23 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Similar boat here, I'm 1.3 years into my 10 year mortgage.  :bc:

Neal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yessir.

10 acres, 2000 sq foot house, 48'x64' shop, and a couple grain bins.

:bc:

Neal

I think thats what im gonna end up doing as well. No mortgage though.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

:bc: im almost 50...aint nobody got time for a mortgage at that age.

Copy that shit.

I hope to be semi-retired in 10 years.

Running the cows is enjoyable enough and enough to keep me busy, yet not have to miss the kids school stuff. My kids will all be out of the house when I'm 52.  :bc:

Neal

We bought our place in the country 3.5 years ago as our retirement home. The prices around here are reasonable but climbing. They can have the wacked out prices, noise and traffic in the city. The only traffic up here are the neighbours going by.

20161210_103653.jpg

I bought the house I live in now for 62k as a condemned 700sf rambler . out of pocket and my own time it is a 2100sf 2story . I did pay off the original note in 5 yrs . but I did refinance to make some deals I still have after the 08 crash but should be PIF in a few more yrs . I could pay it off now but that money is making more than it is costing me to keep the loan

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Fuck the Joneses! It's all image. They are broke as fuck!

Yeah they are. 

My average customer

$850,000 house

$60,000 car 

$800 smartphone

$40 left from paycheck after covering the nut.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If the house is an investment though!

Neal

Its not bought as an investment, but when someone buys 20 years ago for under 400K and today are worth just under 3 million, it sorta becomes one.  Don't yah think?

Now repeat with a few other properties.  

Rates need to go up more.  Prices on housing are starting to get crazy stupid again.  Buyers are playing the bidding wars.  No good can come from a market like that happening.

Curious to see what happens to inventory this spring.  The winter market has been way too hot.