Obstruction level: high

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/25/oakland-mayor-warns-impending-ice-raid-ramping-up-sanctuary-city-tension.html

Oakland mayor warns of impending ICE raid, ramping up sanctuary-city tension

Libby Schaaf, the Democratic mayor of Oakland, shared the warning:

The mayor of a sanctuary city in California issued a warning that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) could be conducting a raid in the area as soon as Sunday — ratcheting up tension with the feds while giving her constituents an early heads-up.

And California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, who’s running for governor, commended Schaaf’s public warning, telling SFGate: “We can and must protect immigrant families from Donald Trump’s mass deportations. I want to thank Mayor Schaaf for her courage and hope more local leaders will follow her lead.”

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

If you interfere in Federal LE activities you should be charged with Obstruction and or interference with official acts.  Who do these people think they are.     

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If you interfere in Federal LE activities you should be charged with Obstruction and or interference with official acts.  Who do these people think they are.     

This is the law.  FOR ALL OF AMERICA.  Not sure why this is not being easily handled.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is the law.  FOR ALL OF AMERICA.  Not sure why this is not being easily handled.  

Yep, no different than marijuana.   Change the law if you don't like it.  (which it should be changed)  

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This 

54 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And this!

I have no idea how this is being allowed to happen, wtf is going on out there. As I've said before, cut funding, let them figure it out! I guarantee things would change right quick.

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep, no different than marijuana.   Change the law if you don't like it.  (which it should be changed)  

I am a firm supporter of states rights, if they vote to legalize per state, so be it. This however is crossing the line, you can't tell criminals the government is going to perform a raid! Apparently they can... :suicide:

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I am a firm supporter of states rights, if they vote to legalize per state, so be it. This however is crossing the line, you can't tell criminals the government is going to perform a raid! Apparently they can... :suicide:

I'd like to see the feds change their laws to fall in line with the states.   I agree on state rights but the fed has to be somewhat involved because of most drugs coming in from other countries.  Far as I'm concerned legalize anything and everything.   If people want to fuck their lives up on drugs so be it.   Just don't make me pay to take care of them or clean them up.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd like to see the feds change their laws to fall in line with the states.   I agree on state rights but the fed has to be somewhat involved because of most drugs coming in from other countries.  Far as I'm concerned legalize anything and everything.   If people want to fuck their lives up on drugs so be it.   Just don't make me pay to take care of them or clean them up.  

Yup, unfortunately, that's not how it works. 

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Or buy their food and pay their rent so they can spend what little they have on drugs

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials announced this week that the four-day raid led to the arrest of 232 illegal immigrants in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Of those 232, 180 “were either convicted criminals, had been issued a final order of removal and failed to depart the United States, or had been previously removed” from the country and had come back illegally.

Another 115 “had prior felony convictions for serious or violent offenses.”

The numbers might have been greater, but for the intervention of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who tweeted out a warning of the impending raid, tipping off others who might have been caught.

Acting ICE Director Tom Homan said on "Fox & Friends" that Schaaf’s warning meant that there are roughly 800 illegal immigrants they were unable to locate.

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials announced this week that the four-day raid led to the arrest of 232 illegal immigrants in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Of those 232, 180 “were either convicted criminals, had been issued a final order of removal and failed to depart the United States, or had been previously removed” from the country and had come back illegally.

Another 115 “had prior felony convictions for serious or violent offenses.”

The numbers might have been greater, but for the intervention of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who tweeted out a warning of the impending raid, tipping off others who might have been caught.

Acting ICE Director Tom Homan said on "Fox & Friends" that Schaaf’s warning meant that there are roughly 800 illegal immigrants they were unable to locate.

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Poor spin.  What a sap.  

11 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Huh? I mean, I agree, poor spin. Just don't understand your point... ☺

Spin is a bleeding heart liberal and laughs at anyone who wants to get the immigration problem under control.  Spin knows that his team needs all the votes they can possibly muster, legal or illegal.  

• Like 2

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Spin is a bleeding heart liberal and laughs at anyone who wants to get the immigration problem under control.  Spin knows that his team needs all the votes they can possibly muster, legal or illegal.  

Lol. Ok, we're on the same page! :thumbsup:

The way you posted it, in response to my quote, I was double checking. I read it as you suggesting that the article was a bad "spin" on the topic. :thumbsup:

:saluting:

@spin_dry @Snoslinger @Mainecat when are y'all going to crawl out from under your rock and, confront actual issues?

A Mexican national has confessed to stealing the identity of an American citizen, and over the course of 37 years pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars in government benefits.

Andres Avelino Anduaga, 66 – who hails from Tijuana, Mexico – admitted in San Diego federal court on Thursday that he assumed the fake identity of a Texas resident named Abraham Riojos in 1980 after obtaining a fraudulent birth certificate, and then successfully applied for a California driver’s license, Social Security number and passport.

From 1989 to 2016, according to the plea agreement, he received around $361,000 in benefits -- which included Medi-Cal, food stamps and Supplemental Security Income benefits. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/04/illegal-immigrant-from-mexico-pleads-guilty-to-using-fake-identity-to-steal-361000-in-government-benefits.html

7 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

@spin_dry @Snoslinger @Mainecat when are y'all going to crawl out from under your rock and, confront actual issues?

A Mexican national has confessed to stealing the identity of an American citizen, and over the course of 37 years pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars in government benefits.

Andres Avelino Anduaga, 66 – who hails from Tijuana, Mexico – admitted in San Diego federal court on Thursday that he assumed the fake identity of a Texas resident named Abraham Riojos in 1980 after obtaining a fraudulent birth certificate, and then successfully applied for a California driver’s license, Social Security number and passport.

From 1989 to 2016, according to the plea agreement, he received around $361,000 in benefits -- which included Medi-Cal, food stamps and Supplemental Security Income benefits. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/04/illegal-immigrant-from-mexico-pleads-guilty-to-using-fake-identity-to-steal-361000-in-government-benefits.html

I'm sure they will give him at least 6 months probation. Then show him the correct way to sign up for benefits.

The Trump Justice Department filed a lawsuit Tuesday night against California, saying three recently-passed state laws were deliberately interfering with federal immigration policies.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/06/trump-doj-sues-california-over-interference-with-immigration-enforcement.html

Everybody buckle up, skinny pedal down! @XCR1250 more winning! :saluting: