Gun owner destroys his AR-15 after Florida shooting

Still trying to figure out why somebody would hunt with a semi-auto instead of a bolt action.  Unless the "game" is shooting back, the only reason would be "Rambo Syndrome".  But, to each their own. And it does help with the "I need an assualt weapon for hunting game" 2nd Amendment argument.  It's so easy to baffle the left. Liberals. They know nothing about guns..or hunting.

Carry on.

:snack:

(edited for Moto :bc: )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No shit....nice!:ylsuper:

Just to clarify, that build sheet I sent you includes a 6.5creed barrel. That's the appropriate 6.5 variant on a 308 platform.

If you want 6.5mm on an AR15(5.56/.223) platform, it'd be a 6.5 Grendel.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Still trying to figure out why somebody would hunt with a semi-auto instead of a bolt action.  Unless the "game" is shooting back, the only reason would be "Rambo Syndrome".  But, to each their own. And it does help with the "I need an assualt weapon for hunting game" 2nd Amendment argument.  It's so easy to baffle the left.  They know nothing about guns..or hunting.

Carry on.

Hog hunting and deer drives make using a partly automatic sensible.  

Just now, motonoggin said:

Just to clarify, that build sheet I sent you includes a 6.5creed barrel. That's the appropriate 6.5 variant on a 308 platform.

Can you PM me that for the Creedmore?

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Still trying to figure out why somebody would hunt with a semi-auto instead of a bolt action.  Unless the "game" is shooting back, the only reason would be "Rambo Syndrome".  But, to each their own. And it does help with the "I need an assualt weapon for hunting game" 2nd Amendment argument.  It's so easy to baffle the left. Liberals. They know nothing about guns..or hunting.

Carry on.

Lol. Recoil is definitely a consideration. My 308 shoots like a bolt action 22.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Actually with the cost and availability of ammo the best choice for a high power AR platform is the .308 (7.62 nato) round.  

Yup. 149gr fmj rounds aren't too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Carry on.

Round here we are usualy in tight woods. 30-30 is my choice.

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Nice...thanks...Guessing 6.5 ammo is more pricey than .223 or .308.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice...thanks...Guessing 6.5 ammo is more pricey than .223 or .308.

For sure! Once you have a 308 built, changing calibers is not much more than a barrel and bolt change. The 6.5 uses a higher pressure bolt than a typical 308(hard and thinner firing pin), and you'd want a separate matched/headspaced bolt for each barrel. Lots of guys just build a complete alternate caliber upper so it's just a matter of two pins and a bolt change to swap calibers between any 308 based variant. 

Edited by motonoggin

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok, valid.  

Did SLinger start a movement here or wut?  :lmao:

Anyway I see pumps and bolt actions the 600's of the the hunting world.  :lol:  Fun but for guys who can't handle anything more.  :poke:   

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Anyway I see pumps and bolt actions the 600's of the the hunting world.  :lol:  Fun but for guys who can't handle anything more.  :poke:   

:lol:

I use purpose built weapons.  I wouldn't buy or use a semi(partly) auto to snipe anymore than I'd buy or use a Turbo 4-Stroke and try to make it a trail weapon.  

:lmao:

Related image