Sledding sucks pouch and I want a new hobby.

Tommy

Going to start the search for an old Pioneer or chris craft hull... seems already like its going to be challenging. Anybody know of a better place to look than craigslist and kijiji?

this is the new pipe dream

Can't boat in the winter, and can't sled in the summer.  The hobbies are mutually exclusive...... so get both!

Boats are worse than sleds though, when it comes down to compromise and getting what you want.  But they have one key advantage that snowmobiling will never have....... women. 

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Can't boat in the winter, and can't sled in the summer.  The hobbies are mutually exclusive...... so get both!

Boats are worse than sleds though, when it comes down to compromise and getting what you want.  But they have one key advantage that snowmobiling will never have....... women. 

I discovered the women and boats thing quite a few summers ago.... Now help me find a god damn jet boat 

• Like 1

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

We'll be using our mad skills to locate one.....  you want a jet, specifically?  There are lots of hi po outboard offerings for lake skimmers too.

yeah i say those over an out board because im more likely to injure someone riding shotgun in a talon/stv/hydro than in a jet boat that only does 50-60 mph.. I like that v8 sound aswell i cant lie

• Like 1

True dat. 

Just now, Tommy said:

yeah i say those over an out board because im more likely to injure someone riding shotgun in a talon/stv/hydro than in a jet boat that only does 50-60 mph.. I like that v8 sound aswell i cant lie

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

You've also got to pick your days with any of these style boats.  20 knot winds won't bode well.... :)

This is why i came to the website of pros full of endless knowledge for help on this venture

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Going to start the search for an old Pioneer or chris craft hull... seems already like its going to be challenging. Anybody know of a better place to look than craigslist and kijiji?

this is the new pipe dream

Fun times.

Sledding is probably alot cheaper.

In Cochrane again now

Ps thanks for calling me back today...

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

I discovered the women and boats thing quite a few summers ago.... Now help me find a god damn jet boat 

Where were you a few years ago Tommy? This would have been ideal for you! Personally, like you mentioned, just stick with something basic like a single carb/tunnel ram and stay away from the blown models! $$$, and then some!

I use to frequent this site quite often as some of the boats within were something else. http://www.texashotboats.com/ Dragboatcity, like slowjoe posted is also another good site. Good luck with your quest, and don't jump at the first one you see, take your time and learn a thing or 5 first. :bc:

Jet%20boat%20@%20Trailer%20Sept%202%202012%20014.jpg

Jet%20boat%20@%20Trailer%20Sept%202%202012%20023.jpg

HPIM0657 (Medium).JPG

18 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

There is one on Kijiji with a chubby block Ford in it old but looks pristine,would be fun for sure,little hard to slow troll out of even for dock catfish.Aquatic Joe

link?

My dad did have one of these when I was younger. would be fun too i guess. one of those ones where practice is needed before high speed operation.

What outboards are the ones to stay away from?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/markham-york-region/scrramin-demon/1334341515?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true