Doo 900 Turbo 150 HP

Poncho

53 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

ya I heard the first year at Seneca is tough. Dog eat Dog.

We went and visited the Sault so he liked the atmosphere plus they have a Varsity hockey team that plays in the USA so he wants to be on that. 

He will enjoy flying the Zlin.

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

He will enjoy flying the Zlin.

Ya he is so pumped about that. He waited until he fully accepted the offer before telling his mom about the planes he would be flying. One of the big reasons he wanted to go there is he thinks they will let him do aerobatics on it. 

The problem with Seneca (or at least it used to be), was that you do/did no flying in your first year.  It was essentially an academic wash-out year. 
Is it still that way? 

5 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

For Flight? 

mine is going to Sault. 

That would have been funny

Sledding has never been an investment..... nor is boating, flying, women, or anything else that is fun! :)

I've only been buying one or two year old sleds the last 5-6 years (and a wreck this year), and have done well on all of them.  But let's keep it in perspective...... your house is worth a million or more, a real European vacation is $10,000, and a new SUV is $80,000.

Does that 18k still sound like a lot?  :)  Also, I know a couple boat brokers, and they say the vast majority of big boats are financed new.  So it seems many just look at the payments. 

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

The problem with Seneca (or at least it used to be), was that you do/did no flying in your first year.  It was essentially an academic wash-out year. 
Is it still that way? 

First year is at Newnham campass.  The next three are in Peterborough.  3 years straight, no breaks.

So, still no flying in the first year?  Certainly a detractor of their program, to some. 

Way back in the day, the flight course tuition at all the colleges was the same as any other college tuition, making it a relative bargain for the student.  I'm guessing that's changed too....