Doo 900 Turbo 150 HP

Poncho

6 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

22k. And people wonder why the sport is dying. So lets see. 22k divided by the number of weeks the trails are open in Muskoka = $7300  a week. Money well spent.

Our trips to the Bahamas and Banff both cost over 10k, that was for a week.  I'll take owning that overpriced sled anyday.:lol:

1 minute ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

usually not done 3 weeks in a row. 22k one year. worth 10 the next. no thanks

So buy a one year old for 10 then or wait for winter to be over.  Really sledding or any powersport isn't financially worth it.  

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Pretty sad, when you can buy a car cheaper. Ya, ya, I know, but a car cann,t be driven on the trail.

And it gets a real warranty, not one that expires while sitting in the garage for 10 months each year.

Honestly, I cann,t understand how people can waste so much money on a winter toy, that sits in the garage for 10 months of each year. 

There are lots of people with LOTS of money that would see that cost as insignificant.

People will spend whatever for fun.  Some even own airplanes...lol

Just checked, I've owned too many snowmobiles, most of mine were purchased new; however, I bought my first new Doo in 1997, Formula 500, for 4272.00 out the door....my last Doo was a 2010 GSX 1200 that was 12300 out the door. ....between my wife and I we used to buy a brand new Doo every year since 97 until 2010.......number just keep sliding to the the right every year...as do fuel prices.   

Edited by Poncho

16 minutes ago, Poncho said:

People will spend whatever for fun.  Some even own airplanes...lol

Just checked, I've owned too many snowmobiles, most of mine were purchased new; however, I bought my first new Doo in 1997, Formula 500, for 4272.00 out the door....my last Doo was a 2010 GSX 1200 that was 12300 out the door. ....between my wife and I we used to buy a brand new Doo every year since 97 until 2010.......number just keep sliding to the the right every year...as do fuel prices.   

Got a strange feeling I might end up buying one of those in the next few years.

• Like 1

For some the restriction they face is more time related than cost. There seems to be a correlation between the amount of leisure time one has available and what they are willing to spend to maximize that limited leisure time enjoyment. When you want maximum enjoyment in a small window of time cost may not be a concern.

With limited leisure time one may find they change activities every now and then. One of the very large boats in Midland, 50' range is for sale. The owner with limited leisure time has decided boating has run it's course for him and it's time for a change. He is going to buy an airplane and go flying this year.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

For some the restriction they face is more time related than cost. There seems to be a correlation between the amount of leisure time one has available and what they are willing to spend to maximize that limited leisure time enjoyment. When you want maximum enjoyment in a small window of time cost may not be a concern.

With limited leisure time one may find they change activities every now and then. One of the very large boats in Midland, 50' range is for sale. The owner with limited leisure time has decided boating has run it's course for him and it's time for a change. He is going to buy an airplane and go flying this year.

Thats been the case for me.  Now I'm offloading as much as I can to have more time.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Airplane.

I knew that was making fun. 

I looked into that recently. Was trying to find a cheaper way to fund the Kids career. But it didn't make sense to me at the time. 

Now he is going Flight school in the fall and I don't really want to own a plane. 

4 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I looked into that recently. Was trying to find a cheaper way to fund the Kids career. But it didn't make sense to me at the time. 

Now he is going Flight school in the fall and I don't really want to own a plane. 

Mine got accepted at Seneca.  Not mine or mom's first choice, but we both know he will love it and will be good at it.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

There are lots of people with LOTS of money that would see that cost as insignificant.

I,m not sure about lots. It will be interesting to see if this is a limited build because of inventory, or lack of sales. Time will tell.

36 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

One of my riding buddies son is a helicopter pilot. He loves his career choice and is making a pile of money.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lets wait to see if they get their shit together first.:lol:

very True. My son has been flying for a year and a half and its all he talks about so I would be surprised if he failed at this one.

He was even checking out words in Mandarin the other day.............lol

3 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

very True. My son has been flying for a year and a half and its all he talks about so I would be surprised if he failed at this one.

He was even checking out words in Mandarin the other day.............lol

See mine has not and we offered.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One of the pilots near our cottage went to Seneca but did not make it past first year.  His entire family are pilots so he ended up in a program in Alberta and now has his own plane.

ya I heard the first year at Seneca is tough. Dog eat Dog.

We went and visited the Sault so he liked the atmosphere plus they have a Varsity hockey team that plays in the USA so he wants to be on that.