Doo 900 Turbo 150 HP

Poncho

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Had to get back...fucking dog get sick....wife wanted our vet. We will have the rv next yr and be better prepared....found some real nice rv parks. :bc:

Bring the quads then.  

No way my wife would stay in an rv park for that long.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Were thinking of spending 3 to 4 months down there next yr....and i will fly up to ride in Ontario for a week or so....and yes you heard that right....fly. :lol:

Nice.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm 900 Turbo 150hp sounds like something that would be a great fit reasonably light weight for a Turbo class 4 stroke sled got to have some trail grunt and decent mileage,understood not the lake beast some might want but the 850 covers that does it not,Bombardier has made a new slot in the market and I believe that it will have a good size following they have let Cat have fun in the big HP turbo and the associated issues that came with the higher HP that hurt them with inconsistent drive line problems and warranty claims that now seem to be sorted,this may not be considered a bold move but I believe its a smart one the HP wars though fun to watch generally brings on undesirable things like legislation,increased patrols on the trails,insurance gets its chance to spike rates,I will be watching this sled there are a lot of positives.Joe  

Just now, Usedtoskidoo said:

or in 3 week long winter seasons

Cochrane and areas been good all yr apparently....we ended up there after 2 days in the muskokas and then the warm up came. Also got 2 days in Quebec during the free weekend.

47 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Hopefully things work out better next yr...hows your wifes grandad making out?

I hope so as well.  Warm and rain today.  Anything south of Kirkland lake will be done.  He's doing ok now.  Tough old guy.  The hospital in Orillia is a joke and kicked him out.  The nurses manager told the MIL that she didn't care if they had a spot for him or not in an old age home, he had to get out.  He has a fractured hip, can't feed himself really well, had bleeding on the brain and was having seizures.

51 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I hope so as well.  Warm and rain today.  Anything south of Kirkland lake will be done.  He's doing ok now.  Tough old guy.  The hospital in Orillia is a joke and kicked him out.  The nurses manager told the MIL that she didn't care if they had a spot for him or not in an old age home, he had to get out.  He has a fractured hip, can't feed himself really well, had bleeding on the brain and was having seizures.

Good to hear....hes a tough old bugger eh.... :bc:

50 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

You got to keep fighting back.  Same thing they tried with my dad.  Just tell them he will be back in emergency every week.  

37 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You got to keep fighting back.  Same thing they tried with my dad.  Just tell them he will be back in emergency every week.  

They did and he was back in about 8 hours later.  His dialysis tube started to bleed out again

No kidding, the crying here is epic!  Lol  

The vast majority though, is from people who like to dish it out on here, but just can't take it in return. 

Makes one wonder why they come back for more...... addiction perhaps?  Maybe we need a FS help line.... :)

6 hours ago, Pete Z said:

This is the only way that I have found to keep FS readable. lol

• Haha 1

At the risk of getting back on topic....... some keyboardin' folk on DT are saying the 900 Ace turbo in the Maverick is around 175hp stock (altered boost). 

Now that would be interesting, if BRP bumps that up in the sled after a year or so.  Sure, the aftermarket will..... but would be nice to see a factory offering in that power range, especially with the 900 turbo being heavier than a 1200. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

if BRP bumps that up in the sled after a year or so

Well said with full warranty in place thats key gambling  that kind of money stretching more HP out through aftermarket rocketeers  and boom that would be a big hurt to the wallet let alone time down.Joe

3 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

Well said with full warranty in place thats key gambling  that kind of money stretching more HP out through aftermarket rocketeers  and boom that would be a big hurt to the wallet let alone time down.Joe

Its not stetching at all really....the motor is 22 hp more in x3 stock.

8 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

6 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

They did and he was back in about 8 hours later.  His dialysis tube started to bleed out again

A co-worker is going through this with her mom, hospital cannot wait to get her out, but the family refuses to let her get released & fights them all the time.....which by the sounds of it, her issue has yet to actually be resolved or found, kind of hard to find the route cause when all they seem to do is see how much drugs they can handle, kind of hard to communicate what is the problem when you are in that state.

It would seem as though the heath system really does have an unwritten rule about putting as little as possible into the elderly! Pretty sad if it is your parent that is at the mercy of the health system, but I also get the other side of it too, but these people too (for the most part) have contributed to the system their entire life as well. 

Now the doo faithful will spend that kind of money and throw more at it to run with a winder and then motor issues will ensue from the doo camp yet again... More profit in selling a 2 stroke is my guess as to why they still think the big hp in their lineup has to be a mediocre 850 that can maybe get by a stock Firecat I had in the day.. If doo would have thrown 4-5lbs boost at that 1200 motor and reinforced the internals to make it capable of higher hp for those that play instead of dodoing that motor I would have been impressed but instead....BOOOORRIIINGGGGG!!

Let me also mention I have a 600ace for my wife and daughter soon to be with license and it is a great little sled plus I ride with several guys that have 900's and they love them but to me this missed the mark for all you doo guys

Edited by firecatguy

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

after PDI, tax and a few other things...22K out the door.

Pretty sad, when you can buy a car cheaper. Ya, ya, I know, but a car cann,t be driven on the trail.

And it gets a real warranty, not one that expires while sitting in the garage for 10 months each year.

Honestly, I cann,t understand how people can waste so much money on a winter toy, that sits in the garage for 10 months of each year.