Doo 900 Turbo 150 HP

Poncho

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Hopefully Doo make a softer version ( sleeper) for the older crowd. Loved my 1200, but a 900 turbo seems the right move. 

Completely agreed.

The sled in these pics is hideous and completely unappealing to the target market for this motor.

This motor is what the 1200 owners have been crying for for years.

• Thanks 1

No, 1200 owners wanted a 1200 turbo.  Lol  Not sure why they're being so conservative..... 20hp more than a NA 1200 seems complex for the sake of complexity.  Maybe the 1200 will be next year. 

I think the sled looks good..... but I'm sure they'll offer black skis and panels for you, Tim.  :)

Doo's website crashed today..... amateurs!

Edited by Puzzleboy

Buyers want graphics (look at the wraps industry).  Anything turbo'd will be eye catching, to cater to the buying demographic. 

The 900 turbo was long rumoured, as it came from a SxS or something.  But a boosted 1200 would be really interesting; give it time. 

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, 1200 owners wanted a 1200 turbo.  Lol  Not sure why they're being so conservative..... 20hp more than a NA 1200 seems complex for the sake of complexity.  Maybe the 1200 will be next year. 

I think the sled looks good..... but I'm sure they'll offer black skis and panels for you, Tim.  :)

No they don’t....we wanted a 150 hp 4 stroke regardless of engine size. The lighter 900 makes sense.....I might stay in for another year or so....I would go for a MXZ X 900 Turbo 900....all black...not yellow...lol

They're not making a MXZX 900t, only Renegades and longer.  :(  $17,350 msrp.  But you can get it in all black.  And hopefully with a lower windshield!  The turbos seem to have more grilles/louvres in the hood, too. 

Nope, one look at DooTalk, and you''ll see that everybody wanted a boosted 1200.  Everyone knew the 900 was coming, because it already existed in the ATVs.  It will sell, but a 20hp gain seems a bit silly.  Weight will be similar (a bit heavier) to a NA 1200, which is already light for a 4 smoke.   The 2019 Renegade 900t weighs 544 lbs.  (30 pounds more than my NA 1200 (albeit a 129)).   Adding 30 pounds, complexity, and 20hp...... we'll see what happens.  It'll sell, but not the game-changer a 1200 turbo would be (180hp+). 

40 pounds heavier than an 850 with 165 hp.  Same price.  You'd have to REALLY want that 4 stroke.  Nope, a boosted 1200 is what 1200 owners want. 

I thought you were getting out of the sport?  Lol  And you said the Perry the Platypus G4 was the ugliest sled on snow!!  And there's no way in hell you'd pay $20k for a turbo Doo, when your beloved Polarii are only $13k, and "just as good".  lol

You don't need a faster sled anyway...... a 600 Ace is more your speed.  :)

2019 black.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy

15 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Nope, one look at DooTalk, and you''ll see that everybody wanted a boosted 1200.  Everyone knew the 900 was coming, because it already existed in the ATVs.  It will sell, but a 20hp gain seems a bit silly.  Weight will be similar to a NA 1200, which is already light. 

I thought you were getting out of the sport?  Lol

You don't need a faster sled anyway!  A 600 Ace is more your speed.  . You nailed it....

Sorry you are butt hurt on that....   DooTalk are the same dudes, just like you who ride  in the basement...lol....anyway, perhaps after the 200 miles you rode last year a 60 hp sled will keep you in the sport.....  for men like Tim and I we get it... the 9 Turbo makes sense.   

Edited by Poncho

17 minutes ago, Poncho said:

No they don’t....we wanted a 150 hp 4 stroke regardless of engine size. The lighter 900 makes sense.....I might stay in for another year or so....I would go for a MXZ X 900 Turbo 900....all black...not yellow...lol

I'd like a 900T in the Enduro myself. I want the fuel economy of the NA 900 with more fun factor than the old 1200 when I want it.

My assumption is the 1200 goes away for good as this motor does everything the 1200 does only with more punch.

• Like 1

Ride in the basement?  Lol..... no butthurt here, just don't see the 900t as any real revelation or revolution.

You and Tim are not the target market for that sled.  You can't even keep up to a 600 Etec or a 1200NA on your 800 Poo, and that's a fact.  Not even close.  Lol

A 600 Ace is the right sled for you older gents - good on gas, etc. 

1 minute ago, Poncho said:

Sorry you are butt hurt on that....   DooTalk are the same dudes, just that, like you, ride in the the basement...lol....anyway, perhaps after the 200 miles you rode last year a 60 hp sled will keep you in the the sport.....  for men like Tim and I we get it... the 9 Turbo makes sense.   

Edited by Puzzleboy

20hp more punch in a heavier sled.  Yeah, that'll really be something.... Lol  If it does get better fuel economy, that is something.  But for the price, complexity, etc. of a turbo that is heavier and only has 20 more hp...... we'll see. 

I think they just want to float the 900t to see how well it works, sales, etc. 

Just now, Blackstar said:

I'd like a 900T in the Enduro myself. I want the fuel economy of the NA 900 with more fun factor than the old 1200 when I want it.

My assumption is the 1200 goes away for good as this motor does everything the 1200 does only with more punch.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Ride in the basement?  Lol..... no butthurt here, just don't see the 900t as any real revelation or revolution. 

You and Tim are not the target market for that sled.  You can't even keep up to a 600 Etec or a 1200NA on your 800 Poo, and that's a fact.  Not even close.  Lol

The average sledder is over 50 years old at this point. Poncho and I are the target market.....lol

The only reason I'm on a Turbo Cat is because Doo didn't make what I wanted. I don't need the weight or the 180 hp of the Cat. I'd be happy with 160HP (800 2stroke class) in a 4 stroke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're a target market, just not THAT target market.  :)  I doubt many 55 year olds are buying 174s or Freerides!

But seriously, a sled heavier than a current NA1200, with only 20 more hp..... seems a bit conservative, IMO.  If it was lighter, I could kinda see it.  But they haven't altered the power to weight ratio much, and if you're a diehard 4-smoke guy, you can mod a 1200 for more top end, like Poncho did.  And retain reliability and the lighter weight. 

If you want something lighter than a 1200 with 165hp.... they make an 850 with an oiled crank.  :)

I think this 900t will make for a nice sled, but it's an answer to a question only a few were asking. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The average sledder is over 50 years old at this point. Poncho and I are the target market.....lol

The only reason I'm on a Turbo Cat is because Doo didn't make what I wanted. I don't need the weight or the 180 hp of the Cat. I'd be happy with 160HP (800 2stroke class) in a 4 stroke.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Tim disregard Puzzle troll, he has not ridden 200 miles in years.....you know him....lol

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It is gone.

• Like 1

Lol, that's funny.  Even rode in Michigan last week!  But no need to solicit hero biscuits over here....   Did you have another "high mileage" weekend? 

Wait until you see the price for that "overpriced" 900t...... $18,000+ CAD. 

47 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Tim disregard Puzzle troll, he has not ridden 200 miles in years.....you know him....lol

my-hero_m.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

You're a target market, just not THAT target market.  :)

But seriously, a sled heavier than a current NA1200, with only 20 more hp..... seems a bit conservative, IMO.  If it was lighter, I could kinda see it.  But they haven't altered the power to weight ratio much, and if you're a diehard 4-smoke guy, you can mod a 1200 for more top end, like Poncho did.  And retain reliability and the lighter weight. 

If you want something lighter than a 1200 with 165hp.... they make an 850 with an oiled crank.  :)

I think this 900t will make for a nice sled, but it's an answer to a question only a few were asking. 

The 1200 has only stayed in the line up because Doo didn't have a replacement. Now they Doo, the 1200 is history. 10 years was a good run.

Its been a known fact for years that Doo hasn't made money from the 1200. They sold plenty of them but with virtually no profit.

Add a tune and a muffler to the 900T and we are at 175-180 hp. Plenty of power for big trail cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

You're a target market, just not THAT target market.  :)  I doubt many 55 year olds are buying 174s or Freerides!

Shit boy... I introduced to the 1200...relax.  We love the 1200. But a 150hp 900 seems cool...let’s see, perhaps Tim and I can help you along....your Doo butt hurt is overwhelming...talk about people being to sensitive.  Slow down....cheers, see you on the the trail...maybe not....lol

Sure, you can mod anything for more power.  Where did you get this "known fact?"  You think it's cheaper to build a turbo 900 in a new chassis?  Can't see that from a manufacturing perspective.  What was so expensive about producing the 1200?

175-180hp would be nice though.  Would be nice to see Doo do it, but I think the Spinegrinder market is quite small, especially in the mountains. 

Just now, Blackstar said:

The 1200 has only stayed in the line up because Doo didn't have a replacement. Now they Doo, the 1200 is history. 10 years was a good run.

Its been a known fact for years that Doo hasn't made money from the 1200. They sold plenty of them but with virtually no profit.

Add a tune and a muffler to the 900T and we are at 175-180 hp. Plenty of power for big trail cruising.

Lol.  We're well relaxed over here.... we're not all the type of guys who can't take criticism of their favourite brand, and subsequently take their Tonkas and go home..... lol  We just don't take it that seriously!

The 1200 is not perfect by ANY means, but I can't see a heavier 900 that only makes 20hp more as very logical.  Modded, sure, we'll see.  I know of one 1200 owner who thought a 1200 had "heavy steering".  Can't see a heavier steering 900t fitting the bill for that person.   

No butthurt here, I just ride them.  Riding this week too..... you?  :)  Or just from your keyboard? 

I thought you were selling your sled, trailer, etc.?  My fair market offer is still on the table!

Just now, Poncho said:

Shit boy... I introduced to the 1200...relax.  We love the 1200. But a 150hp 900 seems cool...let’s see, perhaps Tim and I can help you along....your Doo butt hurt is overwhelming...talk about people being to sensitive.  Slow down....cheers, see you on the the trail...maybe not....lol