Iron dog is live

Anler

Team 6 is going to win this thing.  They are only about 4 miles back with about 30 miles to the finish line.  This is crazy.  Team 16 is probably going to pass them too.  

I'm sitting here watching an incredible Jet Ski race on Lake Havana.  We have a perfect beach side spot, watching the whole thing.  IT's a 300 mile race.  30, ten mile laps.  Some bad ass supercharged KAwi's here.  Some of these boats are pushing over 400HP.  

Life is very good.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Not missing a little braaaapin in the mountains yet Tom?   You aren’t that far away if you are in AZ.  Or even fly home for a quick trip. 

i'm headed home in about a week for some spring riding.  looking forward to it.  

PS.  Team 10 has picked up the pace.  Their lead is about 5 miles and holding now.  They may pull this off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Doo teams are definitely having fuel/motor problems.  No way to know whats happening at this moment in the race with the teams towing but almost all the doo teams have been having runability problems all week.  

The Polaris teams have been having Jackshaft problems.  The leaders had to change a jackshaft this morning.  Took 20 minutes.  Looks like the girls have scratched also.  They replaced a jackshaft going north.  Not sure what took them out.  

In this day and age how difficult can it be to make a durable jackshaft? smh

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

In this day and age how difficult can it be to make a durable jackshaft? smh

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea no shit.  The XCR's had a known jackshaft issue.  All the teams got an updated shaft.  They still failed.  

That is screwed up.....SMH.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well it's over.  Team 10 Mike Morgan and Chris Olds have won the 2018 Iron Dog.  Chris has won a few times before but I'm pretty sure this is Mikes first win. Congratulations to Team 10 and Polaris for the great win.  

well it was a race to remember for me . some crazy weather and to have them this close at the finish is great .

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well it's over.  Team 10 Mike Morgan and Chris Olds have won the 2018 Iron Dog.  Chris has won a few times before but I'm pretty sure this is Mikes first win. Congratulations to Team 10 and Polaris for the great win.  

Indeed!!!!  That sleep tonigh is gonna be the best ever!!!

Does anybody know if the winning team used a clutch kit from a guy by the name of Northstar Rick? He brags that some of the Polaris guys racing the Iron Dog are using his clutch kit. You'd think that these guys racing the Iron Dog would have clutching figured out as they are seasoned veterans in this race and wouldn't need a kit.

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Does anybody know if the winning team used a clutch kit from a guy by the name of Northstar Rick? He brags that some of the Polaris guys racing the Iron Dog are using his clutch kit. You'd think that these guys racing the Iron Dog would have clutching figured out as they are seasoned veterans in this race and wouldn't need a kit.

Didn't I tell you to  take this shit back to HCS you stupid twat....now beat it dummy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

I don't see anything on Team 10's sleds that say NorthStar or anything on their website saying NorthStar sponsors them.  Take a look for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/irondogteam10/photos/?ref=page_internal

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I don't see anything on Team 10's sleds that say NorthStar or anything on their website saying NorthStar sponsors them.  Take a look for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/irondogteam10/photos/?ref=page_internal

Very interesting.  Interesting indeed.

59 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

One more

28166337_908777409288869_125117469361438