Iron dog is live

Anler

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.

Well it seems the etecs, or at least a few of the etecs are having fuel system trouble.  I don't know a lot of details but Team 8 was running pretty good till koyuk and then started slowing drastically.  They lost about 2 hours and the lead today.  Reports are fuel issues but I'm not sure exactly what that means.  Team 6 said they had trouble with fuel on the Yukon but their sleds are running great now.

In the mean time Team 10 Morgan/Olds on Polaris have checked in to Nome with a 24 minute lead over Team 6 Schachle/George.  As of right now we have 8 teams in Nome and 2 more that will be there in the next 30 minutes.  

There are lots of Facebook videos of the teams arriving at Nome.  Visibility was just horrible according to most of the racers interviewed.  

That's weird.  

So...then the top 10 leaders, (if I'm reading the site correctly):

1. Chris Olds

2. Bryan Leslie

3. Chad Gueco

4. Scott Faeo

5. Todd Palin

6. Todd Minnick

7. Dieter Strobel

8. Al Bud Palma Jr. 

9. Micah Huss

10. Mike Morgan

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No doubt...lake effect bands with westerly winds...eessh.

From a mile + visibility to 5 feet or less within seconds running I-75 north when you come across a good band. It's crazy and scares the shit out of people who have never seen. 

• Confused 1

On 2/21/2018 at 4:47 PM, hunt_ak said:

Day 4 Update!  This is pretty good with some video embedded and whatnot.  Check it out!

https://www.thealaskalife.com/outdoors/2018-iron-dog-day-4-coverage/

Great update Kyle.  I'm sure you are hooked in to Chris Graebers FB page too?  

Teams left Nome starting at 4am this morning.  Looks like there are 9 teams on the trail now and it's 6:40am AK time.  The first 10 teams are releaed based on their actual time difference between the team in front of them. After the 10the team is released the rest of the racers will be let out of Nome on about 10 minute intervals.  ID may reduce that to 5 minute intervals just to get everyone back on the trail ASAP.  

Because of the big storm delay, ID has revised the mandatory layovers for the southbound leg of the race.  They are still planning for a early afternoon finish in Fairbanks on Saturday.

Big news Today is all the snow on the Yukon south of Ruby.  As of yesterday there was no trail from the Huntington Bible Camp (famous for the bumpergate pictures of Team 8 getting assistance from locals) to Tanana and beyond.  According to locals there is more than 2' of base and it snowed another 10" last night.  This is not a good time to be the race leaders.  

Word on Team 8's fuel system issues is they changed injectors, fuel filters and some sort of fuel system bellows or regulator.  Maybe that will fix their problems.  Most other teams only had minor maintenance and are very clean for their run south.  

Team 5 they guys I was helping blew a crank seal on the way north.  They changed that in Unalakleet.  In Nome the did minor maintenance but did change one lower A-Arm that was a little dinged up.  They were the Top Rookies to Unalakleet and the Top Rookies to Nome so they got some prizes.  They were the second fastest team between White Mt and Nome on the way north.  Team 10 was just barely faster than them.  There is a cash prize for the fastest team between White MT and Nome.  

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, farmereddie said:

Any idea on the girls . Team 22 was slow on the blueberry hills . And have not heard much lately ? 

Rebecca reported that they had some damage and needed some repairs.  Also reported that JB weld needed 6 hrs to cure and they were on layover for 6 hrs.  Hope they can continue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Looks like this race is poos to win.

1.) Poo-Morgan/Olds

2.) Poo-Minnick/Olstad

3.) Cat-Huss/Sottisanti

4.) Cat-Palma/Wold

5.)Poo-Barber/Palin

6.)Doo-George/Schackle

7.)Doo-Aklestead/Johnson

Good to see Todd Palin on the leaderboard....running the ID is probably a good break form the Shitshow at home. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good to see Todd Palin on the leaderboard....running the ID is probably a good break form the Shitshow at home. :lol:

He sure doesn’t seem like he belongs in that kingdom of shit.  Appears to be a good guy.  Seems to me, he needs to pack his shit and get the fuck out of that mess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He sure doesn’t seem like he belongs in that kingdom of shit.  Appears to be a good guy.  Seems to me, he needs to pack his shit and get the fuck out of that mess.

No doubt....Tom has posted some stuff before and that's where I picked up on it. Todd is the only sane one out of the whole bunch.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No doubt....Tom has posted some stuff before and that's where I picked up on it. Todd is the only sane one out of the whole bunch.

Yeah, I read Tom’s posts too.  Make you wonder why Todd stays around that hot shit pile of a family.  He’d be like the buddy in that shitty marriage you keep trying to hook up with better women...or strippers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Looks like this race is poos to win.

1.) Poo-Morgan/Olds

2.) Poo-Minnick/Olstad

3.) Cat-Huss/Sottisanti

4.) Cat-Palma/Wold

5.)Poo-Barber/Palin

6.)Doo-George/Schackle

7.)Doo-Aklestead/Johnson

That is the order from the stats page but not really the positions of the top 10 teams.  Morgan/Olds Minnick/Olstad are definitely 1 & 2.  After that it's most likely Shackle/George, Aklestad/Johnson, Leslie/Boyland.  Huss/Sottosanti are likely right there in the mix with the 3 Doo's.  

You have to look at the course time and understand where they are on the course to know who is really in the lead and all the teams that are following the leader.  IT's a function of the spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet calculates position based on the time out of a checkpoint and where that checkpoint is on the map and overall course time and layover hours taken.  IT's a little complex.  

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yea Todd is a good guy.  He has everything he needs in life right now.  Sarah is a dingbat but she is worth a bunch of money and her earning power is still pretty good.  HE has a pretty good gig, to fuck Sarah and smile when the cameras are rolling.  Not a bad life if you ask me.  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is the order from the stats page but not really the positions of the top 10 teams.  Morgan/Olds Minnick/Olstad are definitely 1 & 2.  After that it's most likely Shackle/George, Aklestad/Johnson, Leslie/Boyland.  Huss/Sottosanti are likely right there in the mix with the 3 Doo's.  

You have to look at the course time and understand where they are on the course to know who is really in the lead and all the teams that are following the leader.  IT's a function of the spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet calculates position based on the time out of a checkpoint and where that checkpoint is on the map and overall course time and layover hours taken.  IT's a little complex.  

Yea Todd is a good guy.  He has everything he needs in life right now.  Sarah is a dingbat but she is worth a bunch of money and her earning power is still pretty good.  HE has a pretty good gig, to fuck Sarah and smile when the cameras are rolling.  Not a bad life if you ask me.  :lol:  

Yeah, the site has always been a bit confusing on small screen phones. I just took the numbers directly from what they say are the race position leaders.  

Things got interesting last night.  About 11pm, Team,  Schackle/George, were within minutes of Passing Morgan/Olds for the lead between Ruby and Tanana.  They refuelled at Huntingtons bible camp and then sat there for over 30 minutes.  Minnick/Olstad caught them and went on by after refuelling.  Team 6 was slow moving for another 20 minutes like they were towing.  Then about 50 miles from Tanana they were back up to full race speed.  Not sure exactly but those etec's don't seem to like the fuel they are being served.  

I know Team 6 has been using octane booster most of the race and it has been working for them.  I also know Team 8 is moving pretty good but they are not at their normal race pace.  They continue to lose time to the front runners.

The race will end today in about 6 hours in Fairbanks.  From my calcs the front two teams are about 28 minutes apart.  Team 6 is about 45 minutes behind team 16.  After that there are 3 more teams within about 2 hours of the leaders.

Team 10 is in the lead with a 28 minute cushion over Team 16.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, the site has always been a bit confusing on small screen phones. I just took the numbers directly from what they say are the race position leaders.  

Well it's not that easy to figure out even on a big computer.  You need pencil and paper to figure things out at this point in the race.  in about 3 hours it will be very clear who is leading and everyone that follows.  Once a team goes through Manly the spreadsheet will reflect their accurate position.  BEcause they all take layover hours at different places and for different lengths it makes things confusing.  By aAnley all layover hours will be taken and the spreadsheet will be accurate.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Things got interesting last night.  About 11pm, Team,  Schackle/George, were within minutes of Passing Morgan/Olds for the lead between Ruby and Tanana.  They refuelled at Huntingtons bible camp and then sat there for over 30 minutes.  Minnick/Olstad caught them and went on by after refuelling.  Team 6 was slow moving for another 20 minutes like they were towing.  Then about 50 miles from Tanana they were back up to full race speed.  Not sure exactly but those etec's don't seem to like the fuel they are being served.  

I know Team 6 has been using octane booster most of the race and it has been working for them.  I also know Team 8 is moving pretty good but they are not at their normal race pace.  They continue to lose time to the front runners.

The race will end today in about 6 hours in Fairbanks.  From my calcs the front two teams are about 28 minutes apart.  Team 6 is about 45 minutes behind team 16.  After that there are 3 more teams within about 2 hours of the leaders.

Team 10 is in the lead with a 28 minute cushion over Team 16.  

:bc:

17 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Good point but the first time my kid showed up all fucked up and beat my ass it would be his last. Her Glen Rice blown out pussy and money ain't worth all that. :lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point but the first time my kid showed up all fucked up and beat my ass it would be his last. Her Glen Rice blown out pussy and money ain't worth all that. :lol:

Yea, Todd puts up with a lot of shit.  I couldn't do it either.  

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jesus fucking CHrist!!!  :lol:

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, Todd puts up with a lot of shit.  I couldn't do it either.  

No ass is worth that.  Life is just too fucking short.  I bet he has his own room...at a minimum.  If keeping those political optics up are that important....I'm making a Gnar-ass man cave and love shack in the basement.  Oh...and the garage is mine!!!