Iron dog is live

Anler

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Why do I feel this thread won't be near as much fun since @AKIQPilot has decided to be so selfish and enjoy some travel vacation instead of being there for this site.  What a doooosh!

I hope @AKIQPilot gets touched inappropriately by a large gay Canadian farmer in the hot tub tonight. I can't believe he is doing this to us? Hands down the best threads on this site, that the idiots never fucked up.:bc:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I hope @AKIQPilot gets touched inappropriately by a large gay Canadian farmer in the hot tub tonight. I can't believe he is doing this to us? Hands down the best threads on this site, that the idiots never fucked up.:bc:

I'm busy making perogies ,so it wernt me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like the leaders are making good time up through the Alaska Range and on to Rohn.  Team 6 Schachle/George are the fastest so far on Day 1.  One of the teams I helped this year, Team 5 Weisz/Gocke are doing really well too.  Team 22, Ashley Wood/Rachel Kidwell are doing pretty good too today.  

A huge snowstorm is passing over the Alaska Range as we speak.  Most of the front runners will be on the other side of it by this evening.  

• Thanks 4

Overall it appears as though Team 8 Aklestad/Johnson is the fastest team on the trail at this point.  They started 14th and are currently in 3rd position just before Rohn.  If they don't have problems, we should see those guys move right to the front across the Farewell Burn and into McGrath this evening.  

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Looks like the leaders are making good time up through the Alaska Range and on to Rohn.  Team 6 Schachle/George are the fastest so far on Day 1.  One of the teams I helped this year, Team 5 Weisz/Gocke are doing really well too.  Team 22, Ashley Wood/Rachel Kidwell are doing pretty good too today.  

A huge snowstorm is passing over the Alaska Range as we speak.  Most of the front runners will be on the other side of it by this evening.  

Go Robbie!!!

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

How's King of Hammers?

Neal

KoH was good.  Really dusty.  We wrapped it up on wednesday before the race and went to Pomona for the NHRA Winter Nationals.  After that we went to Palm Springs for a week.  Just left Palm Springs this morning.  We are in Parker Arizona at a nice RV park on the Colorado River.  Will be in Havasu tomorrow for a week, then Vegas for a week.  

• Like 1

I must be fucked on my phone.  1st four teams in the lead are on Cats, poo in 5th?

Doo is really having a shot racing year.  I am really surprised.  Don’t know why they are befuddled.  They made some big $$$ investments into their race program last year.

Reports are that Team 20 ran out of fuel before Skwentna in Chads etec.  Scott made it to Skwentna and grabbed a jug of fuel then headed back to get Chad.  They dumped the fuel in only to figure out it was diesel and not gasoline.  Not sure where Scott got the diesel from but it's very unfortunate.  I heard they both made it in under their own power and declared a layover.  Not sure of any more details.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I must be fucked on my phone.  1st four teams in the lead are on Cats, poo in 5th?

Doo is really having a shot racing year.  I am really surprised.  Don’t know why they are befuddled.  They made some big $$$ investments into their race program last year.

You must be talking about something other than the Iron Dog.  Only 4 Cat teams entered the race and one scratched before the green flag dropped.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You must be talking about something other than the Iron Dog.  Only 4 Cat teams entered the race and one scratched before the green flag dropped.  

Yeah.  Figured something was up.  Can’t negotiate the site on my phone very well.