Douchebag club of the year

smokin george

The KATV ( kawartha atv club) had a proposal in with the city council of Kawartha Lakes for a pilot project involving side by sides. They were prettywell  given the green light till the kawartha lakes snowmobile club stuck their nose in the picture. The atv club looks after the trails better than the sled club and it was only the rail trail from n of Fenelon to Kinmount that they were going to open

They were trying to allow side by sides to run that portion of the rail trail so they can access the areas that allow them. The atv club was paying to have the gates widened etc etc. The sled club went behind the atv club' back and had it all quashed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's only the rail line so damage shouldn't be any worse than what the atvs do it. The atv club does alot of the cleaning up and trail maintenance.  It's one of the last few areas that doesn't allow the SxS

Edited by smokin george

Old buggers in every club in this province can't see the forest for the trees.  For Off-Road Motorized Recreation, OFSC, OATVA, OFTR any and all Race Organizations (CMA, Off-Road Ontario) should be banding together, not fighting over who's trail is who's.  The Government only listens to big groups and funds that way as well.   

Don't know the details but freeloading ATV's and clubs are killing sled trail system in a lot of areas. Most don't contribute anything and the damage to private property and any land is plain as day. We've lost trails in my area due to ATV's continuing to trespass when trails are open or closed and some property owners have had to resort to digging trenches and building berms and  fences to keep them out. End result was property owners revoking the OFSC trail permission. Joint use trails are different but there's no way ATV'rs can be allowed to step into sled trails for free. The same lack of respect from trespassing sledders and disturbing land owners with a riding with a can is killin it. End rant

22 minutes ago, Garrettv said:

Didn’t lake of bays atv club open some winter trials on the same trails the lake of bays sled club used and cause a bit turbulence I heard sled club just abandened trail and walked away? 

I think that it was the Happy Wanderers that lost the trail to the ATV club. The land owner gave permission for ATV's or something like that. 

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

But some guys here claim trespassing is a victimless crime, and they'll ride no matter what.....

Give that up...you are not funny, regardless of how funny you think you are....you are not....

Edited by Poncho

Turn that frown....... upside down!  :)

Trespassing is never a laughing matter. 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:55 PM, Poncho said:

Give that up...you are not funny, regardless of how funny you think you are....you are not....

Edited by Puzzleboy

Douchebag of the year,thats a easy one ME sold my sled a few days before it started raining and the trails went red and now trying to bend poor bastards over and buy there nice newer rides off of them for pennies on the dollar I figure that pretty much puts me in the running.DB  Joe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1