Dog Food

So what are you guys feeding mans best friend?

Our Husky pup is one fussy eater, refuses to eat any kibble so we are been trying many things.  

Cooking him chicken livers and potatoes right now and I know he will be good with it but can't give him too much of it.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He picks out the meat and leaves the kibble behind. 

My wife says she wants to come back as a dog in her next life, but not just any dog, my dog.

Lol.

ours is pretty fussy too. we cut the meat up pretty small so she doesn't just eat the meat.

Ours isn't fussy ,but developed a gross boil laden alergy to grains  so she's on merrick grain free wet. Skin cleared right up ,she's lost weight,back to 100 lbs ,also make her boiled eggs and yogurt in the am ,and veggies at night . Like a giant kid that never grows up 

43 minutes ago, Stoney said:

We buy hills dog food, the one we buy is only brought in by a vet, tsc sells a few options as well by hills. 

I have automated both Purina  and hills, Purina  is far more hygienic.  Was looking more for none processed solutions.

32 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Ours isn't fussy ,but developeda alergy to grains,so she on merrick wet. Also gets hard boiled eggs and veggies.  Lost weight, back to 100 lbs, and skin cleared up 

Yes they do love hard boiled eggs.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have automated both Purina  and hills, Purina  is far more hygienic.  Was looking more for none processed solutions.

Than I guess it will be the raw diet for you.....not sure, but I think you may need to wait until the little guy builds up a better system.

We used to use a high end holistic dog food that we bought from Global, they changed owners or something and we found our dog at the time did not like whatever they did to the food, that apparently "never changed"...dog needed to go on a diet so the vet suggested a Hills diet food, we gave it a try, Burton liked it and he lost the extra weight gradually, than moved him to a senior food.

Our puppy went on Hills puppy, once he git over his sensitive stomach issues....he is now on Hills J/D, which he likes a lot.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Since when and how is it working?

Since he was a puppy. No issues,big variety and lots of nutrients in it.lady in Bobcageon mixes/packs it for us. K9 Raw is her business

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Since he was a puppy. No issues,big variety and lots of nutrients in it.lady in Bobcageon mixes/packs it for us. K9 Raw is her business

That's great, will likely do the same.  Good for the lady, checked her website, very impressive, to bad she does not deliver near me.  You need to have a specialty product  to compete with the large players.

Orijen - since she was a puppy.  Told the vet after her 6 month checkup and the vet says  "ok nevermind you have done your homework."

Edited by mxz7000

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:03 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Yesterday the pet store gave my wife some stuff to try for free.  As soon as she walked in they asked, is he eating OK now?  Lol.

Made him this yesterday, no problems.

2016-05-26 16.43.07.jpg

Looks like Newfs seal?

Our guy has been on Purina Pro Plan as recommended by the breeder. 

3 hours ago, stealth bomber said:

Looks like Newfs seal?

Our guy has been on Purina Pro Plan as recommended by the breeder. 

No, that looked like horse manure sauteed.

It was chicken liver and he gobbled it up no issue.  Can't feed them that constantly, otherwise dogs love it, regardless its not for humans.

We fed our other dogs Purina One for many years.