Longer Snowmobile Seasons coming?

XCR1250

26 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Congrats

Would you buy another one? what were your overall thoughts on the quality of the product? 

I would buy another one if they add more power preferably a 4 stroke turbo. The chassis is the best chassis on snow. Shock calibrations could use a little work or else its just Walker valving that sucks but 90% of the clicker range is absolutely useless as it gets so stiff so fast. Polaris really needs to step up with better quality bearings and bushings but that is my only real complaint quality wise. The new breed of chassis needs more power than the current 800's are offering. They are an absolute snoozer above 80mph , this is endemic of all 800 class two strokes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would buy another one if they add more power preferably a 4 stroke turbo. The chassis is the best chassis on snow. Shock calibrations could use a little work or else its just Walker valving that sucks but 90% of the clicker range is absolutely useless as it gets so stiff so fast. Polaris really needs to step up with better quality bearings and bushings but that is my only real complaint quality wise. The new breed of chassis needs more power than the current 800's are offering. They are an absolute snoozer above 80mph , this is endemic of all 800 class two strokes.

Excellent review thank you

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Another fucking warm up headed here in a day or two.....I've lost count this winter....SMH.

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Just when it starts getting good - it warms up again. Really frustrating... :flush: 

same here

5 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Did you sell your axis? 

yes >> keep up man

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

My 800 is tremendous! I agree with the shortcomings you mention regarding the Axys and also I think the walker evans shocks are just shitty shocks. And talking to some rebuilders it sounds like I am pretty accurate in my assessment. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

My 800 is tremendous! I agree with the shortcomings you mention regarding the Axys and also I think the walker evans shocks are just shitty shocks. And talking to some rebuilders it sounds like I am pretty accurate in my assessment. 

I'm not sure of that.....Tom said those Walkers were good shocks and its just typical walker valving. They get stiff fast. I'm not saying the new 800's are slow. They are impressive engines for what they are......they just arent for me because I like to stretch it out and they dont fit my riding style. 15 years ago they would have been perfect for me 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm not sure of that.....Tom said those Walkers were good shocks and its just typical walker valving. They get stiff fast. I'm not saying the new 800's are slow. They are impressive engines for what they are......they just arent for me because I like to stretch it out and they dont fit my riding style. 15 years ago they would have been perfect for me 

I heard that when the assault shocks were put thru the testing that one builder puts "their" shocks thru they blow apart. Nobody even wants to take them on trade. You can trade basic non-adjustable skidoo shocks. They dont want the walker evans. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I guess that is what it boils down to.....useless valving is unacceptable 

Cat figured out the Fox QS3's were the best accessory to put on their sleds. poo and doo could learn from that. 

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Cat figured out the Fox QS3's were the best accessory to put on their sleds. poo and doo could learn from that. 

Poo does put them on the SB Adventure .....they are by all accounts the best shocks consumer wise in the biz

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I guess that is what it boils down to.....useless valving is unacceptable 

I think the problem wit Evans shocks is that they try to control oil flow in too small of an orifice. I have a blown one on my work bench and the valving ports on the piston stack are tiny.

They route the oil to the reservoir through a tiny little valve as well. The needle and seat are tiny as well. Any bike shock Ive seen apart had twice the size ports and reservoir channel. Ian from Monster pretty much said the weak point in those shocks are those areas and if you tighten the adjustment down past 2 off hard, you blow the guts right out of them.

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

I think the problem wit Evans shocks is that they try to control oil flow in too small of an orifice. I have a blown one on my work bench and the valving ports on the piston stack are tiny.

They route the oil to the reservoir through a tiny little valve as well. The needle and seat are tiny as well. Any bike shock Ive seen apart had twice the size ports and reservoir channel. Ian from Monster pretty much said the weak point in those shocks are those areas and if you tighten the adjustment down past 2 off hard, you blow the guts right out of them.

Well....that is a serious issue in their approach to the valving in the shock.....no other way to explain it

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Might head up to Motley on Saturday and rip up and down the river for a while if I get shit fixed.  

Come up and ride the St Louis with us Saturday.....I promise a great time 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

You would have to ride one for a day to understand just how well the chassis works. Also the damn things are tougher than nails. 

SO much more durable than the iQ as far as cab n front cassis goes. 

if I had smoked that deer on my iQ at 55 EVery piece of plastic would have been junk, no question.

Just now, old indy said:

SO much more durable than the iQ as far as cab n front cassis goes. 

if I had smoked that deer on my iQ at 55 EVery piece of plastic would have been junk, no question.

That thing looked pretty stove up from the pics I saw . any structual issues or just plastics ?? 

13 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

That thing looked pretty stove up from the pics I saw . any structual issues or just plastics ?? 

Took out the bumper, snapped off the front point of one side panel and cracked the other one but nothing structural thankfully  still $pendy to fix . 🤦‍♂️

Pick after I replaced the bumper at Jps right afterward it did look bad till I straightened it out 

With the new bumper 

98C22E1A-45FB-4FF0-B087-1F9535426772.jpeg

38847059-2507-4678-B0D8-020964D123AC.jpeg

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, old indy said:

Took out the bumper, snapped off the front point of one side panel and cracked the other one but nothing structural thankfully  still $pendy to fix . 🤦‍♂️

Pick after I replaced the bumper at Jps right afterward it did look bad till I straightened it out 

With the new bumper 

98C22E1A-45FB-4FF0-B087-1F9535426772.jpeg

38847059-2507-4678-B0D8-020964D123AC.jpeg

"Poor deer, walking through the woods, minding his own business, stomping around with his little deer hooves. Then outa nowhere, Balaam ! "

"Do you think he cares what kinda bumper the son of a bitch killed him with??"

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot