ITS CFR TIME BITCHES !!!111

f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A deer hit is probably one of my worst fears....my bud hit one right in front of me on the river at 80+ ......the fucker ran right into his a-arms. Mark never saw it. There was blood and shit and hair all over his sled but no damage. If that deer was one step further ahead my buddy of 33 years would be gone no questions asked. 

Chris over on bellypan hit a small one this weekend right where the one I panic stopped was.Fucked his sled up pretty good.  Moose are all over up there too. Saw 5 this weekend total. Guy smacked one on the road in with a new F 350, fucked up the grill, headlight, hood, fender and bumper. It was a tiny little moose, probably a yearling. He had it in the bed.

9 minutes ago, s pump said:

I hardly get up over 80 anymore. Fucking deer ran between two of us couple weeks ago at about ludicrous speed dicing back to camp. I nearly needed a diaper change after that. Catbox was about 6 feet behind me. The afternoon before another one ran right out and I panic stopped about 4 feet from him and he just looked at me and hopped off the trail. The days of running 115 down a railbed on my Apex or SRX are done. Seen to much carnage at that speed.

oddly enough I'm doing about 80 here. ive had several close calls.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I believe its fast and I believe he knows what he's doing.....but 130 on snow for a stockish XP chassis sled is unobtanium ....fuck there are plenty of fast sleds that cant get 130 on ice slammed let alone stock ride height and on snow. 

Witnessed by pretty much the entire ECDL. His fucking 900 ACE pulled 101 a couple weeks ago on GPS. He has a direct line to guys at SkiDoo and a full on machine shop to make his own parts. Don't know what to tell ya. Some of these guys spend alot of time squeezing mphs out of stuff. My uncle, the one Woolie mentioned, had an SRX that owned the NSSR 700 stock world record for some time. The difference between that sled and my identical stock SRX was shocking. The would pull 130 something on ice when mine would only pull 117. Put his clutch on Woolies sled and gained like 6 MPH. I got pics somewhere of the radar guns.

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Witnessed by pretty much the entire ECDL. His fucking 900 ACE pulled 101 a couple weeks ago on GPS. He has a direct line to guys at SkiDoo and a full on machine shop to make his own parts. Don't know what to tell ya. Some of these guys spend alot of time squeezing mphs out of stuff. My uncle, the one Woolie mentioned, had an SRX that owned the NSSR 700 stock world record for some time. The difference between that sled and my identical stock SRX was shocking. The would pull 130 something on ice when mine would only pull 117. Put his clutch on Woolies sled and gained like 6 MPH. I got pics somewhere of the radar guns.

Right but you have no idea what is in his sled......it could have been a fucking turbo and he aint telling. Seriously the speeds you are talking are turbo/nitrous speeds. 

I doubt my stage 1 skidoo turbo making 225 horse could have gone 130 on snow. Close to that but I'm not sure it could have gotten there. Rest assured there is no two stroke etec anything that could have run with that turbo sled on 6lbs boost :lol: 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Right but you have no idea what is in his sled......it could have been a fucking turbo and he aint telling. Seriously the speeds you are talking are turbo/nitrous speeds. 

I doubt my stage 1 skidoo turbo making 225 horse could have gone 130 on snow. Close to that but I'm not sure it could have gotten there. Rest assured there is no two stroke etec anything that could have run with that turbo sled on 6lbs boost :lol: 

No turbos, he has been known to hide a nitrous can or two. I've seen under the hood of the XRS and looked for nozzles and unless they are in the bottom of the throttle body, I didn't see anything. Ive ridden the XRS and it flat screws. Handled like a Ferrari too. Fuck he had a 1200 a few yrs ago that walked my 12 800 Cat at top speed.

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

Prolly. true story tho. I can get you his number if you want to make your sleds go.  :lol:

It sounds like the guy loves sled and has resources and time. He sounds like my kind of guy. I'm a noob and love to learn from anyone who has something to offer. I've been trying shit for a long long time and have lots to learn......like all things I love in life I consider myself a student of the game. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It sounds like the guy loves sled and has resources and time. He sounds like my kind of guy. I'm a noob and love to learn from anyone who has something to offer. I've been trying shit for a long long time and have lots to learn......like all things I love in life I consider myself a student of the game. 

Yah, there are tricks on every sled. My uncle machined the Yammy clutches for wider ratio. Started out lower shifted out higher for more top end. He had a guy who made 5 speed helixes. Felt like a MX bikes going through gears. His sled would literally hook up so hard it would pull your hands off the bars if you weren't consciously hold on tight.

Wouldn't spin, just go.

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

Yah, there are tricks on every sled. My uncle machined the Yammy clutches for wider ratio. Started out lower shifted out higher for more top end. He had a guy who made 5 speed helixes. Felt like a MX bikes going through gears. His sled would literally hook up so hard it would pull your hands off the bars if you weren't consciously hold on tight.

Wouldn't spin, just go.

Yup , machined for OD is a big trick on the yammi clutches as they are cut for 1:1 factory. They still do that to apexsleds today. Cat and Poo are cut for a 1.1:1 shift 

89666844.jpg

This was in 1000' on good crusty snow with about a 20' roll in .......stage 1 turbo running 6lbs of boost on a cold morning 

Probably 121-122 gps and it was climbing fast still

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 8:55 AM, f7ben said:

:lol: I have owned turbo sleds that would make your turbo look like a 550f

:lol:

On 2/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, f7ben said:

I love wrenching on sleds and have no issue helping someone who doesnt know. I'll help anyone trailside with a smile on my face. Now if you dont have a spare belt or run the thing out of oil and blow it up :lol: those are a little annoying

I do too, but I'm getting sick of people breaking down because they don't do simple preventive maintenance, and simple things like checking the tension on their chain. 2x this year I've had to deal with that BS. No more, I'm done with that shit.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:08 AM, Zambroski said:

Yep.  I’m going to start making some choices with these fuck heads.

”Let me go for help..I’ll be right back”.  BYE!  The next group of riders can have their day....and their belt ruined.

:lol:

Yea, the last one thought I was going to tow him.  I said, I'll be right back, I'll go get your cousin and he can tow you, since he doesn't know how to look behind him and make sure the guy behind him is still there. He can fuck up his $180 belt

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

A deer hit is probably one of my worst fears....my bud hit one right in front of me on the river at 80+ ......the fucker ran right into his a-arms. Mark never saw it. There was blood and shit and hair all over his sled but no damage. If that deer was one step further ahead my buddy of 33 years would be gone no questions asked. 

Dude , this fuckin deer was HUGE :lol:    I honestly don't how there wasn't a collision , it looked like thing jumped right into his lap :lol:   So what did we do ?  We sped up even more , that's what we did :lol:   :bc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Dude , this fuckin deer was HUGE :lol:    I honestly don't how there wasn't a collision , it looked like thing jumped right into his lap :lol:   So what did we do ?  We sped up even more , that's what we did :lol:   :bc:

I figure you just gotta being going way faster than the deer and then they cant catch you !!!!!!!!!!!!11111

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Thats me in the black and my Apex :lol:  

You guys are pretty awesome......its tough to deny. I wish the midwest crew could get our shit together a little better 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You guys are pretty awesome......its tough to deny. I wish the midwest crew could get our shit together a little better 

:lol:  :bc:   131 on the speedo was only about 117 actual, even on an ice track, holding the bars with one hand was a little sketch though.  Did a couple runs at 120 with the mid shield cuz it was faster.  Uncles maroon one was all tied down with a speed track, would run 126 all day long on the gun.

Edited by DriftBusta