Shipping a boat from out west

rjd75

I'm looking for advice from the deal hunters on here or some leads as to the best way to potentially ship a boat from Alberta to Ontario.  I have looked at Uship as an option, but would prefer to hear any recommendations or advice/real world experience from anyone who has done it.  I see that many offer tow away service but we are talking 3000kms that would be hard on the trailer, I think I would prefer to load it on a flat bed/trailer of some sort.  The problem is I would need it to be able to be loaded and unloaded with out any extra equipment.

If anyone here is in the business please PM me, thanks.

Total length of trailer?

Height to highest point?

You might be able to have a flatbed haul it.  A good freight broker can set up a tilt n load to set in on the flat bed.  

Your looking at approx 30feet of deck space.  Almost a full load but light.  Maybe you can find a part load coming this way.

I have never used U ship.  

But it’s going to be a LTL load on a trailer to get best deal.  Uship or load broker.  

Unless you get lucky and find someone coming this way to haul it behind a pick up.

There are plenty of guys who will haul it behind a pickup on uship, but in my limited research that seems frowned upon for long distances due to potential trailer issues and shit getting thrown up at the boat.

One trip up north (during the winter) we were staying @ the Wawa Motor Inn. We checked in & rode our sleds down to the back part of the motel. Couldn't get in to our rooms because some guy w/ Sask' plates, towing a boat was parked lengthwise infront of the rooms.