Time to update

Slow Joe

16 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Oh, I agree.... I'm gettin' old too!  My point is just that an 85mph crash is still gonna be messy.  :)

So a 500cc liquid sled has no more risk then say a AC 9000?  Or sidewinder?

You hanging with Fail this weekend?

• Platinum Contributing Member

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/markham-york-region/2015-zr9000-sno-pro-low-kms/1336083346

2015 with QS3 shocks. 4th wheel kit, studded, tunnel bags and only 1600 kms asking $9500.

Those shocks are $2000 from Cat.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

2015 with QS3 shocks.

Thanks Blackstar missed that one and within a 4 hr drive,always told the sno pro,s ride was quite stiff and abrupt, more meant for hammering the bumps than cruising over with this shock combo is that a issue.Joe

1 hour ago, Slow Joe said:

Thanks Blackstar missed that one and within a 4 hr drive,always told the sno pro,s ride was quite stiff and abrupt, more meant for hammering the bumps than cruising over with this shock combo is that a issue.Joe

The Sno Pro's and El Tigres came with Fox Floats and as stated earlier, they are not for me. Even with revalving and multiple air adjustments, I couldn't get used to the abrupt ride qualities. If you pound junk trails all day, the Float work well. I traded my Sno Pro for an LXR (regular spring shocks) and I'm much happier.

I'd love to have a set of those QS3's. I got close to ordering a set last year but then my buddy said "For the cost of the shocks you could likely sell your sled and upgrade to a '16". And realizing he was right, I never placed the order.

19 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Still about $2000 too much for a Cat.  Although those are some handguards in the other pics!

You'll notice I didn't list the handguards as an extra in my description. Those Mickey Mouse ears would be tossed for set of wind deflectors if it was mine.

Edited by Blackstar

5 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

He has it on FB for $9200 firm. Sledjiji.

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The Sno Pro's and El Tigres came with Fox Floats and as stated earlier, they are not for me. Even with revalving and multiple air adjustments, I couldn't get used to the abrupt ride qualities. If you pound junk trails all day, the Float work well. I traded my Sno Pro for an LXR (regular spring shocks) and I'm much happier.

I'd love to have a set of those QS3's. I got close to ordering a set last year but then my buddy said "For the cost of the shocks you could likely sell your sled and upgrade to a '16". And realizing he was right, I never placed the order.

You'll notice I didn't list the handguards as an extra in my description. Those Mickey Mouse ears would be tossed for set of wind deflectors if it was mine.

I really don't mind the Fox Float 3's on the front of my 2016 xf800.  Last week in/around Sudbury the trail surface was  changing constantly and I really got into toying the air pump at trail side stops to adjust handling as the trails went from hard in the am to soft in the afternoon.  Amazing difference in bite and roll in the corners with air adjustments up and down. Buddy with us, 2017 Sidewinder has straight coil overs and was shit until we pulled the couplers and gave it some transfer and front end lift. We swapped a few times and agree the floats would have no place on the front of the 4S turbo. Fun sled, but the only thing the Sidewinder did better was go faster on the lake.  No four strokes for me thanks, yet.....

Now, we do have a 2017 El Tigre 600 with QS3's (16 up Tigres have the QS3's Tim) the ride is unquestionably  better all around. The 3 click adjusters really work, in that each adjustment makes a noticeable difference.  Wonder if the new Cat handle bar adjusters only do all shocks at once?  It is so simple and quick now as is  with manual adjust, and still have fore and aft tuning choices.

• 1 month later...

15 Tigre 9,QS3,s,cover,scratchers,bags,3500 miles,dealer serviced and documented,sno trackers,studded bought and in the garage great year to find a clean low mile sled at discounted price,winter 18/19 only 8 months away cant wait.joe

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
2016 ARCTIC CAT ZR 9000 TURBO LIMITED
$8,400
Benoir Lake

Machine has QS3 shocks, heated seat, hand and thumb warmers, Turbo dynamics adjust on the fly 4 stage 220,245,285,300+. Has 192 triggers in 1-1/4” track 137” length, has 4400 miles on it selling because I bought a brand new sled located near Bancroft

Image may contain: outdoor
No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: snow, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and nature

•  
    •  
    •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
    •  
    •  

•  
    •  
  •  

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I’m not buying just looking.

My 4 year old sled has one years riding on it. 

I have Irv’d the last few years.

:lol:No hockey this year, Tim, so hopefully that changes! 

On 12/12/2018 at 1:08 AM, Blackstar said:
2016 ARCTIC CAT ZR 9000 TURBO LIMITED
$8,400
Benoir Lake

Machine has QS3 shocks, heated seat, hand and thumb warmers, Turbo dynamics adjust on the fly 4 stage 220,245,285,300+. Has 192 triggers in 1-1/4” track 137” length, has 4400 miles on it selling because I bought a brand new sled located near Bancroft

Image may contain: outdoor
No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: snow, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and nature

•  
    •  
    •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
    •  
    •  

•  
    •  
  •  

currently trying to buy this because i want to try boost this year. :lol:

wtf is happening to me

Only reason im not keeping the 2014 around is I hate orange sleds

Edited by Tommy

16 hours ago, Reevester said:

Why the fuck spend money on that heavy pig. Can't be much to be made if you get it for 8k and sell it later. 

because I was trying to deal him on an atv ive got that i have little money in for what its worth retail.... i wasnt going to loose on it either way. sounds like he sold it anyways

18 hours ago, Reevester said:

No demo this year? :snack:

17 hours ago, Reevester said:

Why the fuck spend money on that heavy pig. Can't be much to be made if you get it for 8k and sell it later. 

So when that dock jumps out in front of him, he has a spare sled to ride and not loose any riding time :lol:

18 hours ago, Tommy said:

currently trying to buy this because i want to try boost this year. :lol:

wtf is happening to me

Only reason im not keeping the 2014 around is I hate orange sleds

Isn't Aaron's sled Orange...... :snack: