Time to update

Slow Joe

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hard to imagine them coming out with a more powerful than the Sidewinder they already have.

Will we have to take out a mortgage, instead of a loan, for this next one ? LOL

I'm guessing that lol, if this is true the guy said I'll take 10 sidewinders for a dollar lol

It certainly would be nice to see someone come out with something totally out of the norm.

I still cann,t believe someone hasn,t come up with a new clutch system, like hydraulics, that can better harness the 50 % of engine power that is lost getting to the track.

Finding Insurance for a way more powerful sled then either the Thundercat or Sidewinder would be a challenge Ive been shopping around for upgrading to the Turbo class and it aint pretty my present company that insured my old girl turned me down on a newer Turbo unit  still shopping I will get insurance but at what price,now call em and say I got a 300 HP 30 thousand dollar new Yamaha whatever they would say bye bye.Joe

12 minutes ago, Srxfasterapex said:

Doesn't it just go by Cc's for ins?

I suspect that some may simply choose not to insure turbo sleds and or above a specific engine size. I know I haven't had any problems with our 4 stroke non turbo sleds. They didn't ask me the engine size when we insured them. They wanted the VIN # make and model then told me the details of the engine. Technology lets them see what the manufacturer has associated with the VIN #

1 hour ago, Srxfasterapex said:

They say anything over 1000 they are cashing in on.  My apex isn't bad at all on ins.

Nope my non turbo was very reasonable add the turbo same engine displacement Whamo more green for the insurance Co 

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

Nope my non turbo was very reasonable add the turbo same engine displacement Whamo more green for the insurance Co 

The rate is $25 difference between my 3 sleds. (turbo, MXZ 800 and Vector).

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Insurance Co's don't like mods.

Ya old friend of mine(guess all my friends are old)LOL fessed up about having modified his engine and suspension they dropped him like a rock that one ya got to stretch the truth a little.Joe

Blackstar you got a good company there unfortunately our  shack and vehicle and sno machines are all with one company I tried and got some reasonable quotes but they would not do a stand alone policy wanted all our coverage's  pain in the butt to switch and then got some quotes for the rest and they were higher so catch 22 situation wish them U.S carriers were allowed to compete things would be better.Joe 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

Blackstar you got a good company there unfortunately our  shack and vehicle and sno machines are all with one company I tried and got some reasonable quotes but they would not do a stand alone policy wanted all our coverage's  pain in the butt to switch and then got some quotes for the rest and they were higher so catch 22 situation wish them U.S carriers were allowed to compete things would be better.Joe 

My sleds and house are with TD.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup.  Insurance on my Wrangler Rubicon costs more than sons Challenger SRT.  Go figure.

Having a conversation with insurance on Monday. We just got the renewal for the vehicles and the premium for the 5 year old Escape SEL is actually more than the premium for the new F150 King Ranch.

Edited by 02sled

That's because they offer no crash protection.  :)  They're also easy to get into, steal, etc.  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup.  Insurance on my Wrangler Rubicon costs more than sons Challenger SRT.  Go figure.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Unfortunately, that gives them an "out", the one time you need them...... a million dollar+  payout. 

1 hour ago, Slow Joe said:

Ya old friend of mine(guess all my friends are old)LOL fessed up about having modified his engine and suspension they dropped him like a rock that one ya got to stretch the truth a little.Joe

• Like 1

Does for bikes, never seen it personally on sleds though.  Wouldn't matter much anyway....... a 500cc LC sled will kill you just as quickly on a trail. 

Plus, the bigger dollar sleds will typically be owned by older (read - slower, more conservative) riders. 

3 hours ago, Srxfasterapex said:

Doesn't it just go by Cc's for ins?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

older (read - slower, more conservative) riders.

LOL yea true enough but we still have times of complete madness generally anymore on lake runs, adrenaline really the only safe drug left for us on the cusp of Geezerdom.Old Slow Joe

• Like 1