85% fatality rate...

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

:lol:

:lol: seriously.....last year I ran the zrt800 out of gas in 70 miles......it was getting a healthy 5mpg with me flogging it. The jetting was all fuckered up. I was happy to see I could get anywhere close to 100 miles out of the 12 gallon tank 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sleds of note were a cfr800 , crossfire 1000 , z1 turbo on 210 flash and 850 etec gade xrs

1004 crushed them all out of the hole and it took them 1500+ plus to catch me ...the cfr , turbo and etec all crawled by me after I ran out of steam. I was only getting 110 speedo or so. CFR was fastest on top and was showing 112 on speedo. This was all on hardpack less than 100% conditions 

Here is the best part :lol: I was only shifting out at 7500 rpm on the old zrt 800 clutching. I took the secondary out to see what was in it and it was a straight 51 helix ....I assume both springs are worn out as well.

When I get the clutching setup there wont be a stock sled that will run close. I was shocked how strong it was out of the hole and through the midrange even with such low rpm

Jetting was 100% perfect for the cold temps and the sled ran great....got about 9mpg as well. I love it

Nice! Those 1000’s don’t need to hit hard out of the hole to get moving. For a triple they have good bottom end 

if your rpm is low across just try a primary spring with about 40-50 lbs more end load. Cheaper than a helix 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: seriously.....last year I ran the zrt800 out of gas in 70 miles......it was getting a healthy 5mpg with me flogging it. The jetting was all fuckered up. I was happy to see I could get anywhere close to 100 miles out of the 12 gallon tank 

My zr 700 was lucky to get that even. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Nice! Those 1000’s don’t need to hit hard out of the hole to get moving. For a triple they have good bottom end 

if your rpm is low across just try a primary spring with about 40-50 lbs more end load. Cheaper than a helix 

I scrounged up a bm5 helix which is a 59/53 and a new yellow secondary. You think I should just go with more primary spring? The clutches were perfectly balanced.....luke warm to the touch after many passes

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

My zr 700 was lucky to get that even. :lol:

I dont care about how much gas it uses but the river ride we do is about 90 miles round trip with no gas stops so it is awesome to know I can get through that without having to carry gas

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sleds of note were a cfr800 , crossfire 1000 , z1 turbo on 210 flash and 850 etec gade xrs

1004 crushed them all out of the hole and it took them 1500+ plus to catch me ...the cfr , turbo and etec all crawled by me after I ran out of steam. I was only getting 110 speedo or so. CFR was fastest on top and was showing 112 on speedo. This was all on hardpack less than 100% conditions 

Here is the best part :lol: I was only shifting out at 7500 rpm on the old zrt 800 clutching. I took the secondary out to see what was in it and it was a straight 51 helix ....I assume both springs are worn out as well.

When I get the clutching setup there wont be a stock sled that will run close. I was shocked how strong it was out of the hole and through the midrange even with such low rpm

Jetting was 100% perfect for the cold temps and the sled ran great....got about 9mpg as well. I love it

It was so good out of the hole because it did not have enough power to break loose :lol: Bipolar Faggot 

53 minutes ago, Momorider said:

It was so good out of the hole because it did not have enough power to break loose :lol: Bipolar Faggot 

It may spin more when I get it shifting 800 rpms higher but I doubt it will be slower 

speaking of racing took the F-500 to Alexandria last weekend to race 12 laps for a Ski Doo Spark.

Got a crappy start charged through the field to get to the leaders and had a 6 lap 3 way battle out front.

I got the lead briefly and made a dumb move out of turn 4 that let the 3 place guy back in the hunt. Ran out of laps to get out front again and finished up with a respectable 3rd.

There is a video on Facebook if you go to the SledKnawker page.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roosting said:

speaking of racing took the F-500 to Alexandria last weekend to race 12 laps for a Ski Doo Spark.

Got a crappy start charged through the field to get to the leaders and had a 6 lap 3 way battle out front.

I got the lead briefly and made a dumb move out of turn 4 that let the 3 place guy back in the hunt. Ran out of laps to get out front again and finished up with a respectable 3rd.

There is a video on Facebook if you go to the SledKnawker page.

Good race :thumbsup: