Trailer Tire Experts Wanted

Culprit

Looking to replace the 5 year old tires on my 7x12 single axle aluminum enclosed trailer.  It is pretty well loaded to the 3000lb max.  Used for dirt bikes most of the time, towed behind motorhome.  Looking for what is a very good quality trailer tire.  I want them to last and no blowouts!  ST205/75R15/8 Carlisle Radial Trail HD or ST205/75R15/8 Goodyear Endurance.   The Goodyear being almost $50 more, is it $50 better, is there something that is a good tire and reasonable price?

thanks for your input

Stay away from the Carlisles. I had one explode on my TT @ Nairn a couple of years ago. Correct inflation and no cracks between treads. Tires were 6 years old. Replaced the set w/ Goodyear Marathons. I have read guys on RV sites recommend Maxxis tires.

Does Carlisle attempt to make automotive tires?

Edited by revrnd

• Platinum Contributing Member

The tire guy I've been using for the last couple years switched me over to West Lake tires for my trailers. He said he had too many complaints with the Carlisles and the West Lakes are cheaper. I have them on 2 of my utility trailers and so far so good.

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The tire guy I've been using for the last couple years switched me over to West Lake tires for my trailers. He said he had too many complaints with the Carlisles and the West Lakes are cheaper. I have them on 2 of my utility trailers and so far so good.

interesting you say that, I counted them out because they are so cheap.  Perhaps worth a second look?

I have 5 trailers 1 triple axle 3 double axle...1 single axle...run Carlisle's on all of them......nothing but bad luck with marathons....tried some chinese brands...nothing compares to Carlisle's.

Jmo.

Hard to say nowadays.  I've had good Carlisles, Trailer King, Goodyear Marathon, etc. 

The boat trailer came with "Ameri King" 16" radials ( made in China, lol) and I was skeptical at first.  But have had no punctures, seepage, or any other issues 6 years later.  More than half worn already (Georgian, Thousand Islands, etc.).  No flats, cracking, etc.  Boat is stored indoors in the offseason though.