Uniformed TWRA Officer says he was forced to leave Outback Steakhouse Friday Night

22 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Its a privately owned business, if they don't want firearms in their establishment then you cant bring firearms in. This shouldn't be difficult to understand.

True, and as such, they should exercise common sense with their policies. A uniformed cop being kicked out is terrible PR when it goes all Facebook thin blue line viral... 

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Its a privately owned business, if they don't want firearms in their establishment then you cant bring firearms in. This shouldn't be difficult to understand.

So what happens if their is a robbery are the cops suppose to come in without their guns?

I fully support a business choosing whether or not they want guns but an on duty or uniformed cop?  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Highmark said:

So what happens if their is a robbery are the cops suppose to come in without their guns?

I fully support a business choosing whether or not they want guns but an on duty cop?  

Of course not. There is a difference between being a guest and being there for cause.

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

True, and as such, they should exercise common sense with their policies. A uniformed cop being kicked out is terrible PR when it goes all Facebook thin blue line viral... 

Yep!

Just now, Kivalo said:

Of course not. There is a difference between being a guest and being there for cause.

Valid point however I still feel its slightly hypocritical.  

We only want you in here with your guns when we need your guns.  Bad PR at a minimum.   I'm sure cops would love if the world was safe enough where they didn't need to carry.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I fully support a business choosing whether or not they want guns but an on duty or uniformed cop?  

wtf kind of dumb question is that? :lol:

Outback sent us a statement saying, “We’ve always allowed uniformed law enforcement officers to carry their sidearms inside our restaurants. A manager made a mistake and we have discussed this with her. We have contacted the guest personally and apologized.”

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

about the only chain steak house I like anymore is longhorn, and their outlaw ribeye. yum.

:thumbsup:   X2.

I feel like the outback is to hillbillies what Red lobster is to black people.  going somewhere fancy tonight!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Would you say the same about a blind person going into Outback with their guide dog? In your opinion do they have the right to be a guide dog free zone? I don't know what the law is there but they sure can't do that here.

As for the other diner being afraid for their life.... that person should be locked up for their own protection... that person is nuts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Would you say the same about a blind person going into Outback with their guide dog? In your opinion do they have the right to be a guide dog free zone? I don't know what the law is there but they sure can't do that here.

As for the other diner being afraid for their life.... that person should be locked up for their own protection... that person is nuts.

Its a law here as well, service dogs are allowed pretty much everywhere.  The simple fact of the matter is this cop was not there on official business, he was a a guest. That means the company may direct him to follow their firearm policy, regardless of how stupid it is.

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Its a law here as well, service dogs are allowed pretty much everywhere.  The simple fact of the matter is this cop was not there on official business, he was a a guest. That means the company may direct him to follow their firearm policy, regardless of how stupid it is.

The service dog thing is getting out of hand,,