Sudbury

Laborer

2 hours ago, yarddawg said:

Question on Shining Tree???   After gassing up, can you get to L141 without back tracking? We used to run old grassy road, are they still doing that?????

Thanks!

I'd try phoning Leon at Spruce Shilling camp and ask him

• Like 1

Post up the conditions after your ride; I hear they're pretty good up there. 

On 1/31/2018 at 11:03 AM, Laborer said:

Ok thanks, going to try the wolf loop tomorrow and up to shinning tree Friday. We are starting out of moonlight hotel.

7 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I'd try phoning Leon at Spruce Shilling camp and ask him

Speaking of Shining Tree, what's the status of Three Bears?  Has anyone been trying to make a go of it after everything went to the dogs? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Speaking of Shining Tree, what's the status of Three Bears?  Has anyone been trying to make a go of it after everything went to the dogs? 

I believe it was completely torn down and someone was building a house on the property.

12 hours ago, Pete Z said:

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I believe it was completely torn down and someone was building a house on the property.

It got sold for a low price.  As Tim said I believe a house was being built on the property.  The FIL and some friends tried to buy it but there was some funny stuff going on with that sale.  Ended up selling for less than what they had offered.  It's too bad how everything went down there.  Was a great place to go to.

The trails up that way are all closed.  Please do not trespass.

13 hours ago, Poncho said:

I'm heading east tomorrow and will post conditions from my place in Griffith.  I don't expect much snow but I know there is some, whether rideable, not sure...

trails.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy

Yeah, for $3 a litre gas..... lol. 

Food was shit anyway, and everybody there was inbred/related. 

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

It got sold for a low price.  As Tim said I believe a house was being built on the property.  The FIL and some friends tried to buy it but there was some funny stuff going on with that sale.  Ended up selling for less than what they had offered.  It's too bad how everything went down there.  Was a great place to go to.

Edited by Puzzleboy

$3/litre up at the canyon is a kick in the nuts and a lousy $5 hotdog they can shove up their ass  as well. I put in my extra gas and made it down to Smooth Rock and filled up. I don't give a shit that they have to truck the gas up there . The gas stations do as well and have a bigger overhead and charge $1.28-$1.33

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

$3/litre up at the canyon is a kick in the nuts and a lousy $5 hotdog they can shove up their ass  as well. I put in my extra gas and made it down to Smooth Rock and filled up. I don't give a shit that they have to truck the gas up there . The gas stations do as well and have a bigger overhead and charge $1.28-$1.33

if he doesn't bring gas up and sell it, there wouldnt be an  Abitibi Loop 

Really if you are that worried about saving $20 shouldn't you pick up a cheaper sport :dunno: 

30 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Really if you are that worried about saving $20 shouldn't you pick up a cheaper sport :dunno: 

I'm glad the marinas don't RIP everybody off or there wouldn't be any boats on the water

• Like 1

This from a guy who is concerned about the price of weed the government is going to set.....

Nobody is saying that a fuel stop there isn't required.  Just not big on price gouging.  I guess you're happy to pay double for gas at the one open station, during a blackout? 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

I always laugh when they say "we have to truck it in"....

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

45 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

This from a guy who is concerned about the price of weed the government is going to set.....

Nobody is saying that a fuel stop there isn't required.  Just not big on price gouging.  I guess you're happy to pay double for gas at the one open station, during a blackout? 

who is worried about the price of weed?  

You either want to do that loop and keep it open or you don't, pretty simple 

$40/ jug of rc nitro,$127/ carton of smokes, gals/ mile in the boat and I won't pay $3/ litre for gas. Guess I better sell the sleds and find something cheaper.. I tried mountain biking and damn thing didn't come with instructions and manual labour isn't exactly my forte. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

No, he's the guy who paid a backyard mechanic cash to avoid paying the taxes.