*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its not a linear relationship, someone should tell Tory.

Most Councillors outside of the big cities get paid shit.  TO is way overpaid.

That should make no difference :dunno:  you are over staffed or you are not - pretty simple 

So the new laws read Toronto must abide to the ridings of Feds and Provincial - the rest of Ontario cities do not 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

That should make no difference :dunno:  you are over staffed or you are not - pretty simple 

So the new laws read Toronto must abide to the ridings of Feds and Provincial - the rest of Ontario cities do not 

WTF do councilors do anyways?  Serious question.

Only time I contacted my councillor wa when a developer bought a vacant lot @ a busy intersection to put in a strip plaza 20 years ago. Area was well served by a plaza a few blocks away to the east & to the west. 

Community was against the idea of more traffic in the area & campaigned against it. Council voted against the plan & a co-op residential building went up instead.

So with an Election just a few months away NoPlanDOUG strikes - lol Its sour grapes it seems he really mad at Tory :lol: 

Anyway Calgary spoke out against SLOGANMAN today 

DOUG TRUMP IS HERE :lol:  new this would be good and also not that bright

You got to say this is pretty fucked up already - Teachers still have no idea what the sex-ed plan is, Doug hasn't given any direction on it.

Now all people that have spent money on an election run,  don''t know if there is a place to run now :lol:  Oct 22 for fuck sakes 

BUT ALL IS GOOD IN ONEWAY LAND 

28 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You'd almost think an asteroid was headed for Toronto. 

Half of these Councillors will have to look for real jobs after this fall.

The Premier of Toronto is doing a great job :lol:   

4 years of shit show 

On that note POT on Every corner under HallwayHashMan :lol:  fuck so many names 

Poor Failmaker.

His underwear all twisted in knots.

Doug was clear he will find efficiencies in govt.  The Toronto city council is first of many cuts to come.

And these are not job losses as the councillors have to be voted in.  

The next city election will be interesting as the friendlies will now have to fight each other for seats.  And maybe now Tory will have to fight harder to maintain Mayor position as this may encourage new canidates.

I wonder how many incumbents that are defeated or decide not to run in this fall's Toronto municipal election, will seek nominations in next year's federal election?

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Poor Failmaker.

His underwear all twisted in knots.

Doug was clear he will find efficiencies in govt.  The Toronto city council is first of many cuts to come.

And these are not job losses as the councillors have to be voted in.  

The next city election will be interesting as the friendlies will now have to fight each other for seats.  And maybe now Tory will have to fight harder to maintain Mayor position as this may encourage new canidates.

You are such a follower its sad - 

Explain how he made Toronto work more effectively :dunno:  Explain how this makes Ontario better

I think changing the Rules during a election isn't good management at all - can you explain how this would play out in business :dunno:  The proper thing would be change it for next election not during one just 3 months away 

You will see the number of staffers go up 3 fold I am betting 

Mike Harris + 

going to be fun ONEWAY 

Edited by 1trailmaker

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

You are such a follower its sad - 

Explain how he made Toronto work more effectively :dunno:  Explain how this makes Ontario better

I think changing the Rules during a election isn't good management at all - can you explain how this would play out in business :dunno:  The proper thing would be change it for next election not during one just 3 months away 

You will see the number of staffers go up 3 fold I am betting 

Mike Harris + 

going to be fun ONEWAY 

Your kidding right?  How this would play out in business?

Here is how.

A business runs on profit and loss.  A business would expect the board to guide the business in a responsible way.  We have X dollars coming in and as the executive board you are spending Y.  Solve the problem.

If the Y is greater then we have to a) raise prices ie taxes or b) cut costs.  A business cannot run for years with losses.

So the CEO just cut costs because the consumers ie taxpayers have said no more raising prices.

All said and done Doug is running it like a business and that is how cities and provinces need to be run.  We do not need to be a social engineering project.

And the majority of business have rules on how long board members can sit.  How many terms.  Hopefully that is next.  No lifelong manginal councillors who attend and get re elected on name recognition.

I live in Milton and The mayor here is nicknamed Matamy Gord Krantz because many think he sold out to the housing developers.   I am all for max terms.  No more life long beauracrat do littles.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Your kidding right?  How this would play out in business?

Here is how.

A business runs on profit and loss.  A business would expect the board to guide the business in a responsible way.  We have X dollars coming in and as the executive board you are spending Y.  Solve the problem.

If the Y is greater then we have to a) raise prices ie taxes or b) cut costs.  A business cannot run for years with losses.

So the CEO just cut costs because the consumers ie taxpayers have said no more raising prices.

All said and done Doug is running it like a business and that is how cities and provinces need to be run.  We do not need to be a social engineering project.

And the majority of business have rules on how long board members can sit.  How many terms.  Hopefully that is next.  No lifelong manginal councillors who attend and get re elected on name recognition.

I live in Milton and The mayor here is nicknamed Matamy Gord Krantz because many think he sold out to the housing developers.   I am all for max terms.  No more life long beauracrat do littles.

so you think a business that has a project on the go, gets changed after much money already spent, leaving the entire work force unaware of what is the plan :dunno: 

Sorry dude that is a shit business lead by a shit leader who is concerned with 1 part of the Province in this case - its fucking sad what the sheep will follow 

If Doug was so concerned about money, he should have never lead the charge for a Billion dollar ONE STOP SUBWAY - this adds .5% to every house hold for the next 30 years every year.

Your idea of saving and making good choices is much different 

Nor would he have voted Toronto a sanction city for illegals - ONEWAYS are blind 

Point 2 Government is not a business never has been never will be 

I wonder if Justin just after Doug got the nod as PC leader change the ridings in Ontario say in half just a few months before the election making all PC candidates to make new signage and change who is running and who isn't -  I would think everyone here would be on board as a good business decision make by Trudeau  :lol: 

Doug is taking a beating on this one - sad 

so you think a business that has a project on the go, gets changed after much money already spent, leaving the entire work force unaware of what is the plan :dunno: 

Sorry dude that is a shit business lead by a shit leader who is concerned with 1 part of the Province in this case - its fucking sad what the sheep will follow 

If Doug was so concerned about money, he should have never lead the charge for a Billion dollar ONE STOP SUBWAY - this adds .5% to every house hold for the next 30 years every year.

Nor would he have voted Toronto a sanction city for illegals - ONEWAYS are blind 

That is what the Federal Liberals did to the contractors with the new Terminal One, cancelled the contract then started over a few years later.  Mathews went bankrupt from it and took down projects that had nothing to do with the airport.  But thats ok since it was side of the mouth.

What is transit expansion supposed to look like in the future, a hodgepodge.  Transit needs to move a lot of people, I don't care if it runs underground or above.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is what the Federal Liberals did to the contractors with the new Terminal One, cancelled the contract then started over a few years later.  Mathews went bankrupt from it and took down projects that had nothing to do with the airport.  But thats ok since it was side of the mouth.

What is transit expansion supposed to look like in the future, a hodgepodge.  Transit needs to move a lot of people, I don't care if it runs underground or above.

:lol:  

so you agree its a bad thing right :lol:  Poor Doug 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not if its cancelled permanently.  What did Doug do now?

nothing he is going to be perfect like all Conservatives 

I hope my buddies store gets to sell POT his cig sales are slumping 

go Doug go 

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

What project did Doug cancel?

The carbon tax Cap and Trade scam that he campaigned on cancelling and voters gave him the majority government to do it?

Or are you crying that he is cutting council?

Or are you just crying because the writing is on the wall for government workers?  Shape up or ship out.

Face it Fail the majority has spoken so STFU!!  Stop whining!

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

What project did Doug cancel?

The carbon tax Cap and Trade scam that he campaigned on cancelling and voters gave him the majority government to do it?

Or are you crying that he is cutting council?

Or are you just crying because the writing is on the wall for government workers?  Shape up or ship out.

Face it Fail the majority has spoken so STFU!!  Stop whining!

Not whining at all - it was wrong to change the election platform during an election - anyone that backs it isn't very smart 

I don't care if there were only 5 councilors (actually I would care about that)  You either do something Province wide or don't do it at all - the ratio is huge in Toronto compared to other cities and towns.  why not knock a few out of my area :dunno:  he doesn't give a shit that is why 

L.A. only have 14 councilors :lol:  Doug says they laughed at him talking about Toronto but failed to mention each councilor has a 19 member staff compared to Toronto 3 staffers.

And forgot they are paid 248k  

I really don't like Doug  

nothing he is going to be perfect like all Conservatives 

I hope my buddies store gets to sell POT his cig sales are slumping 

go Doug go 

So barking for norhing as usual.