Puzzleboy

*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Recommended Posts

https://globalnews.ca/video/4281635/proposed-buck-a-beer-policy-not-popular-with-ontario-craft-breweries

I'm pretty sure the folks looking forward to 'Buck a Beer' are already drinking the 'econobeers' as my brother calls them, aren't the market craft brewers are after.

Anybody up for a can of PBR?

Edited by revrnd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or a bottle of this:

The+beer,+it+has+no+name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, revrnd said:

https://globalnews.ca/video/4281635/proposed-buck-a-beer-policy-not-popular-with-ontario-craft-breweries

I'm pretty sure the folks looking forward to 'Buck a Beer' are already drinking the 'econobeers' as my brother calls them, aren't the market craft brewers are after.

Anybody up for a can of PBR?

I think the lowest price you can sell in Ontario is $1.15 today, making this a buck a beer isn't anything staggering 

$30 including deposit 

$26.40 is what Doug is suggesting 

 

Canadian sells for $1.50 a bottle, this won't change 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe remove the can levy that Bob Rae added to keep American sourced beers out?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Except 

Teachers

Nurses

Cops

Doctors

you know like 90% of the employees 

 

but ya its great lol 

Except

There are far more seniors today than kids, in 20 years the numbers and cost will be out of control.  Didn't expect the Liberals or NDP to plan for that.

Go Doug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unemployment in Ontario already on the rise since Doug has canceled all their work in the greener sector 

 

good news - more to come 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

unemployment in Ontario already on the rise since Doug has canceled all their work in the greener sector 

 

good news - more to come 

Greener's can go fuck themselves.  OK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Greener's can go fuck themselves.  OK?

How many would have jumped on the green bandwagon in Ontario had the Liberals not 'overpaid' for the electricity produced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Greener's can go fuck themselves.  OK?

ya re-insulating your house, new windows is a horrible way to go about things :lol:  

You might be happy but I saw several construction companies not so happy today, lay-offs coming this summer.  

 

Going to be fun, something everyday for the next 4 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for the marker on employment its 5.5% in Ontario - go Doug  lets see where it ends up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Doug, Trump might just kill his chance at greatness - Timing of world Trumpcession 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

ya re-insulating your house, new windows is a horrible way to go about things :lol:  

You might be happy but I saw several construction companies not so happy today, lay-offs coming this summer.  

 

Going to be fun, something everyday for the next 4 years 

So guys sponging of the taxpayer again.

What a surprise time to find another tit.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So guys sponging of the taxpayer again.

What a surprise time to find another tit.

no they are contractors, its the taxpayer that gets a claim 

 

Green isn't just solar power farms 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hell with this green shit, according to Trump the real money is in SMUGGLING SHOES .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

The hell with this green shit, according to Trump the real money is in SMUGGLING SHOES .

:lol:  He is the best of all time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Doug has put the big oil companies on notice :lol:   this is going to be great 4 years 

 

Did you guys know gas goes up on weekends :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, revrnd said:

How many would have jumped on the green bandwagon in Ontario had the Liberals not 'overpaid' for the electricity produced?

Those solar farm and wind farm people are upset that their very sweet vey lucrative deals that McSquinty handed out don't happen anymore and will be all but non existent going forward. After all Ontario has a surplus of power.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/01/25/new-gas-plants-under-scrutiny-in-wake-of-trial.html

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

ya re-insulating your house, new windows is a horrible way to go about things :lol:  

You might be happy but I saw several construction companies not so happy today, lay-offs coming this summer.  

Going to be fun, something everyday for the next 4 years 

Socialism at it's best. Let other people pay for renovations to your home that you would likely do regardless. Those grants / rebates were on and off. We replaced all our windows and doors and didn't look for someone else (government) to pay for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone cleared several acres of forest north of the village this winter for a solar farm. Poles and a ground situated transformer have been installed. I wonder if the project will go forward now?

One other comment about these 'farms', why cant they leave a buffer so we dont have to see these eyesores? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Those solar farm and wind farm people are upset that their very sweet vey lucrative deals that McSquinty handed out don't happen anymore and will be all but non existent going forward. After all Ontario has a surplus of power.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/01/25/new-gas-plants-under-scrutiny-in-wake-of-trial.html

 

I wonder what ex-Minister of Energy Glenn Thibeault is up to these days? I imagine with his wealth of knowledge & experience, private sector outfits will be clamouring for his services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I wonder what ex-Minister of Energy Glenn Thibeault is up to these days? I imagine with his wealth of knowledge & experience, private sector outfits will be clamouring for his services.

Maybe Doug will have him as the Auditor General... after all he's smart enough to understand the complexities of electricity pricing but the current Auditor General isn't.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Those solar farm and wind farm people are upset that their very sweet vey lucrative deals that McSquinty handed out don't happen anymore and will be all but non existent going forward. After all Ontario has a surplus of power.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/01/25/new-gas-plants-under-scrutiny-in-wake-of-trial.html

Socialism at it's best. Let other people pay for renovations to your home that you would likely do regardless. Those grants / rebates were on and off. We replaced all our windows and doors and didn't look for someone else (government) to pay for them.

If you did work and there was a rebate offered and you didn't take it,  that doesn't make you smart

 

Those solar contracts will not be broken I am betting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

no they are contractors, its the taxpayer that gets a claim 

 

Green isn't just solar power farms 

Anything funded by carbon taxes, cap and trade  needs to go.  No exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.