*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Only an idiot would believe taking control of what people can do with their own private property and destroying its' value overnight is a good thing

The farmers that don't want to sell their property don't have to but they would now have the choice to do so if they choose to do so.... what problem do you have with that.

Congratulations Fail.... Wynnebag says affordable housing has become a big problem. She has with the stroke of a pen declared your neighbourhood as a frozen value area to lock in a space that will be affordable for future buyers. A government assessor will be by to visit your home in the coming weeks. They will tell you what it is worth today and establish what you paid for it. If you decide to sell it and move you won't be able to sell it for market value.... You will only be able to sell it for 25% less than they assessed it for or 25% more than you paid for it, whichever is the highest value.

Aren't you glad Wynnebag is looking out for those who want affordable homes.

Only a total moron would think decimating the value of someone's private property is a good thing.

you should look into this more, it seems you are not even close to a clue about it.

DOUG SAYS ALL GREEN SPACE WILL BE REPLACED - how does this fit in to your ramblings :dunno:  

DOUG has spoke to all the big builders, it was their IDEA - back room hand shake and pave the green space is done.

highest unemployment in Ontario doesn't  need more homes - only the stupid think this is good 

get a clue and come back, by that I mean some concrete facts 

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Where does it say it would be private property. You know how green space was created before McSquinty.... the city/township/province bought that property and made it into a park / conservation area etc.

McSquinty just says I want your property to remain a farm so I'm telling you that you can't do anything but farm it or leave it vacant.

ah NO you are mistaken - put up the facts not your ramblings 

Niagara Escarpment

The area is protected due to the many unique species and prime recreation grounds. Tourism associated with the escarpment contributes $100 million to local and regional economies

tear it down, make housing,  fuck the economy there.

I wonder how Doug will make Niagara fall in line with his plan :dunno:  This has been in place for decades 

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Niagara Escarpment

The area is protected due to the many unique species and prime recreation grounds. Tourism associated with the escarpment contributes $100 million to local and regional economies

I wonder how Doug will make Niagara fall in line with his plan :dunno:  This has been in place for decades 

Its for the children.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its for the children.

our debt is for them :lol:  

green space is for our existence as we know it today...........

600 application a year for green space are applied for every year - Doug can do 10 times that I bet 

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

you should look into this more, it seems you are not even close to a clue about it.

DOUG SAYS ALL GREEN SPACE WILL BE REPLACED - how does this fit in to your ramblings :dunno:  

DOUG has spoke to all the big builders, it was their IDEA - back room hand shake and pave the green space is done.

highest unemployment in Ontario doesn't  need more homes - only the stupid think this is good 

get a clue and come back, by that I mean some concrete facts 

Wake up, take a few days off smoking up and maybe that space cadet head of yours will clear enough to comprehend and remember things. First you got it TOTALLY WRONG when you said he was selling Niagara Green Space.

Dumb as a stump Fail... I already mentioned long ago that freed up green belt lands would have a corresponding green space set aside.

Think about it Fail, about one second is all it would take a normal person. That doesn't mean the private property across the road, that happened to be on the lucky side when McSquinty took away the land owners rights. There is lots and I do mean lots, of government owned tracts of land that could be designated green space and not impact land owners rights.

And your stupidity continues... NOBODY BUT NOBODY IS FORCING THOSE LAND OWNERS TO SELL THEIR PROPERTY to a developer.

McSquinty took away their rights.... like I said, how happy would you be if Wynnebag told you what you can sell your home for.

Only a moron like you doesn't recognize that we need more housing, especially with your lover Trudope throwing open the doors to anyone and everyone that shows up at our borders.

When your mind comes out of its' pot fogged haze, if that ever happens then and maybe then you may be able to comprehend what reality actually is.

ah NO you are mistaken - put up the facts not your ramblings 

Ah WRONG AGAIN FAIL.... I'M ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

You say I'm wrong... prove it... good luck.

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Niagara Escarpment

Uh... STILL WRONG FAIL.... BUT WHAT ELSE IS NEW. :ass: It has not been in place for decades... still can't count as usual. The McGuinty Green Belt was established in 2005. Uh... that would be 13 years ago. It encompasses much much more than just the Niagara escarpment. It covers areas of green space, farmland, forests, wetlands, and watersheds.

Hmm... nobody is developing wetlands or watersheds, that's a given. But hey how about that farmland that is someone's home that McSquinty took away the value of 13 years ago. Yup, those tourists really go rushing out to see the fields of cattle corn or empty farm fields since the owners have retired from farming and can't sell their property.

Wake up and actually look at the area that is the Green Belt. This is what McSquinty set aside in 2005.

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/greenbelt/pages/501/attachments/original/1384536375/greenbelt-map.pdf?1384536375

The Niagara Escarpment is a tiny tiny bit of the Green Belt.

Edited by 02sled

14 hours ago, 02sled said:

Where does it say it would be private property. You know how green space was created before McSquinty.... the city/township/province bought that property and made it into a park / conservation area etc.

McSquinty just says I want your property to remain a farm so I'm telling you that you can't do anything but farm it or leave it vacant.

Lots of 'abandoned' farms in Durham. Fields aren't cultivated nor being used for pasturing cattle. House is rented out & junk including decrepid farming equipment laying about.

I'm pretty sure the owner(s) are just waiting for an offer they know will come eventually.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Lots of 'abandoned' farms in Durham. Fields aren't cultivated nor being used for pasturing cattle. House is rented out & junk including decrepid farming equipment laying about.

I'm pretty sure the owner(s) are just waiting for an offer they know will come eventually.

The only way an offer will come is if they allow someone to buy and develop it. Where my wife kept her horse, south of hwy 9 and east of hwy 10 is right smack inside a huge chunk of Green Belt. The people who own the property retired and couldn't sell it for anything realistic of it's worth. They rent it out to the people who run the boarding stable.

54 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Wake up, take a few days off smoking up and maybe that space cadet head of yours will clear enough to comprehend and remember things. First you got it TOTALLY WRONG when you said he was selling Niagara Green Space.

Dumb as a stump Fail... I already mentioned long ago that freed up green belt lands would have a corresponding green space set aside.

Think about it Fail, about one second is all it would take a normal person. That doesn't mean the private property across the road, that happened to be on the lucky side when McSquinty took away the land owners rights. There is lots and I do mean lots, of government owned tracts of land that could be designated green space and not impact land owners rights.

And your stupidity continues... NOBODY BUT NOBODY IS FORCING THOSE LAND OWNERS TO SELL THEIR PROPERTY to a developer.

McSquinty took away their rights.... like I said, how happy would you be if Wynnebag told you what you can sell your home for.

Only a moron like you doesn't recognize that we need more housing, especially with your lover Trudope throwing open the doors to anyone and everyone that shows up at our borders.

When your mind comes out of its' pot fogged haze, if that ever happens then and maybe then you may be able to comprehend what reality actually is.

still no clue I see - really 02sled look into this 

39 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Uh... STILL WRONG FAIL.... BUT WHAT ELSE IS NEW. :ass: It has not been in place for decades... still can't count as usual. The McGuinty Green Belt was established in 2005. Uh... that would be 13 years ago. It encompasses much much more than just the Niagara escarpment. It covers areas of green space, farmland, forests, wetlands, and watersheds.

Hmm... nobody is developing wetlands or watersheds, that's a given. But hey how about that farmland that is someone's home that McSquinty took away the value of 13 years ago. Yup, those tourists really go rushing out to see the fields of cattle corn or empty farm fields since the owners have retired from farming and can't sell their property.

Wake up and actually look at the area that is the Green Belt. This is what McSquinty set aside in 2005.

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/greenbelt/pages/501/attachments/original/1384536375/greenbelt-map.pdf?1384536375

The Niagara Escarpment is a tiny tiny bit of the Green Belt.

in 2005 Squinty brought all the current plans under one, added a few 1000 acres to it.  

beside a few new square miles nothing changed as the green space was first brought in almost 50 years ago 

Liberals did NOT make up this plan dumb ass 

:lol: a tiny bit that Dougie wants to pave over - we agree here 

37 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The only way an offer will come is if they allow someone to buy and develop it. Where my wife kept her horse, south of hwy 9 and east of hwy 10 is right smack inside a huge chunk of Green Belt. The people who own the property retired and couldn't sell it for anything realistic of it's worth. They rent it out to the people who run the boarding stable.

is there a housing shortage in the Niagara area :dunno:  I will help you out NO THERE IS NOT 

Keep looking out for the extreme wealthy to tear up the land for profits 

currently on the good side of the green belt there is still 1500 sq km available, enough land to build 5 Missisauga's or 11 Oakville's 

THIS IS FACT 

02sled would sell central park, what a waste of space in the middle of the city 

Hey Doug why don't you run for the PC's then when elected give us the rights to all the green belt or at least a huge chunk of it.

Sure how much is the kick back?  We will take care of you 

Are we still upset the the Finance Minster has a company that will benefit from new laws :dunno:  of course we are :lol:  

You go Doug keep the back room handshakes with billionaires going - how blatant can someone be 

In a nutshell Fail... your an idiot...

ONEWAY Fail => whatever the liberals especially Trudope does is the greatest thing man has ever done.

59 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

still no clue I see - really 02sled look into this 

I have looked into it... have you? I showed you a map of the 2005 Green Belt. We are not talking about the Niagara Escarpment we are talking about the McSquinty Green Belt.

Your CONFUSED AS ALWAYS - and confusing the Niagara Escarpment Commission which dates back to 1973 with McSquinty's Green Belt. :clueless:Time for you to get some education on the difference Fail.

49 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

is there a housing shortage in the Niagara area :dunno:  I will help you out NO THERE IS NOT 

:clueless:Look at the map Fail and stop smoking for a few hours, at least enough to comprehend this is FAR MORE THAN THE NIAGARA AREA. :ass:

Look at the map. Is this the Niagara area. It's a long drive from the area shown in green to the Niagara area. :groin:

Capture1.thumb.JPG.9127e41faf2bba0828773d73781cd2b2.JPG

What have you got against the owners of private property being able to do what they want with THEIR PROPERTY.

Friends of the family have a multi-generation 150 acre farm property which happens to be on the Niagara Escarpment and falls under the jurisdiction of the Niagara Escarpment Commission. The Bruce Trail runs behind their property and would have run through it had they given in. They were asked to sign over for people to hike across their property and leave their garbage behind. They wanted to sever off two small one acre lots along the road front to let their kids each build a home. They were told no severances and no new development. They wanted to paint their barn and were told they had to present the colour they wanted to the commission for approval.

Glad you like such simple rights being taken away.

Edited by 02sled

34 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hey Doug why don't you run for the PC's then when elected give us the rights to all the green belt or at least a huge chunk of it.

Sure how much is the kick back?  We will take care of you 

Are we still upset the the Finance Minster has a company that will benefit from new laws :dunno:  of course we are :lol:  

You go Doug keep the back room handshakes with billionaires going - how blatant can someone be 

Keep the stupidity flowing Fail...

Damn if you aren't the dumbest person alive.

The person that would profit would be the landowner.... that is if they decide they want to sell to the developer.

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

In a nutshell Fail... your an idiot...

ONEWAY Fail => whatever the liberals especially Trudope does is the greatest thing man has ever done.

I have looked into it... have you? I showed you a map of the 2005 Green Belt. We are not talking about the Niagara Escarpment we are talking about the McSquinty Green Belt.

Your CONFUSED AS ALWAYS - and confusing the Niagara Escarpment Commission which dates back to 1973 with McSquinty's Green Belt. :clueless:Time for you to get some education on the difference Fail.

:clueless:Look at the map Fail and stop smoking for a few hours, at least enough to comprehend this is FAR MORE THAN THE NIAGARA AREA. :ass:

Look at the map. Is this the Niagara area. It's a long drive from the area shown in green to the Niagara area. :groin:

Capture1.thumb.JPG.9127e41faf2bba0828773d73781cd2b2.JPG

What have you got against the owners of private property being able to do what they want with THEIR PROPERTY.

Friends of the family have a multi-generation 150 acre farm property which happens to be on the Niagara Escarpment and falls under the jurisdiction of the Niagara Escarpment Commission. The Bruce Trail runs behind their property and would have run through it had they given in. They were asked to sign over for people to hike across their property and leave their garbage behind. They wanted to sever off two small one acre lots along the road front to let their kids each build a home. They were told no severances and no new development. They wanted to paint their barn and were told they had to present the colour they wanted to the commission for approval.

Glad you like such simple rights being taken away.

Yup Green Space is okay with me

You are against it

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Keep the stupidity flowing Fail...

Damn if you aren't the dumbest person alive.

The person that would profit would be the landowner.... that is if they decide they want to sell to the developer.

:lol: ya that is Doug's goal :lol:  

keep the blinders on - Developers to make millions and millions 

Keep the greed flowing into the rich 

Pot meet kettle:

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/8399676-environmental-group-calls-on-wynne-to-halt-toronto-zoo-land-swap/

“We need the provincial government and Premier Wynne to speak up on this because they are flouting the provincial Rouge Park Plan, they are flouting the Greenbelt Plan and they are flouting the beauty and biodiversity of Rouge Park,” said FRW general manager Jim Robb. 

If there is no housing shortage how is a developer going to get extremely wealthy developing the land??