*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

On 9/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I think you need to look into this more than a slogan from DougieSloganMan 

I refer you too 1998-2003 for grade 3 and 6 testing -   please tell me how kids today are far worse off 

wow

http://www.ontla.on.ca/library/repository/mon/5000/10309240.pdf

low scores are not new actually far from it 

Only a mediocure government hack would support marginal school results.  Of course you want the testing gone.  That allows your union hacks to do less.  Typical union

Harris brought in the testing to ensure kids get better educated.

Society should strive for improvement.  And higher scores. 

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Only a mediocure government hack would support marginal school results.  Of course you want the testing gone.  That allows your union hacks to do less.  Typical union

Harris brought in the testing to ensure kids get better educated.

Society should strive for improvement.  And higher scores. 

IT DID'T WORK I GUESS YOU MISSED THAT PART :dunno: 

Our students fair very well in contests world wide so I do support our teachers - Our schools are first worldwide for robotics and such where do these failures come from?

This test from day one produced bad results, I think the test is the problem in this case.   Having said that Teaching students to just pass ONE TEST EVERY THREE YEARS is poor teaching practicing.   Labeling children is also bad so hear almost have the students think of themselves as failures I find that fucked up.  

its like SAT in the states who gives a fuck and they are the dumbest on the planet

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ive seen many.  I agree it is a waste and Doug need to scrap the whole thing.

or at very least make it so Doug could pass it you know dumb it down a lot :lol: 

He would never scrap it, this is a tool to use against teachers when needed, so MATH TODAY's KIDS ARE FAILING is the head line, GO AFTER TEACHERS 

make the test hard as fuck is the goal here 

Never mind breaking the results down to District then schools ect, you will see excellent results in some areas and very poor in other areas.  Keep breaking it down you will see somethings  common in those results 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

or at very least make it so Doug could pass it you know dumb it down a lot :lol: 

He would never scrap it, this is a tool to use against teachers when needed, so MATH TODAY's KIDS ARE FAILING is the head line, GO AFTER TEACHERS 

make the test hard as fuck is the goal here 

Never mind breaking the results down to District then schools ect, you will see excellent results in some areas and very poor in other areas.  Keep breaking it down you will see somethings  common in those results 

Bad area?  Results recently changed to the shits ---->  teacher?

59 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Has a huge impact on other service industries as well.  Construction companies, equipment rental companies.

Many are worried about the impact.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

you know that is gone and so it the increase in wages

be interesting how he is going to adjust the income taxes 

more protests coming :lol: 

Fail, AC, why would we scrap the standardized testing?

Its a measuring stick to see how well the kids are lerning.  If more kids are failing it shows teachers are not teaching as well.  Or kids are not learning properly.

I know its hot on teachers union to get rid of standardized tests.  Why have any measure of a teachers performance?

Just allow all kids to grow up like Failmaker!  Dumb as a stump.

14 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Fail, AC, why would we scrap the standardized testing?

Its a measuring stick to see how well the kids are lerning.  If more kids are failing it shows teachers are not teaching as well.  Or kids are not learning properly.

I know its hot on teachers union to get rid of standardized tests.  Why have any measure of a teachers performance?

Just allow all kids to grow up like Failmaker!  Dumb as a stump.

Lol.  Unfortunately it has become much like the SAT's where kids just study for the answer not even understanding the content.

Its no longer a measure of teacher performance, if it was I would be for it.  Now teachers spend weeks just preparing for the test so the results are really skewed.

Wife wants me to write a letter to Doug to scrap the EQAO, I should have gone to FordFest and handed it to him personally.

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lol.  Unfortunately it has become much like the SAT's where kids just study for the answer not even understanding the content.

Its no longer a measure of teacher performance, if it was I would be for it.  Now teachers spend weeks just preparing for the test so the results are really skewed.

Wife wants me to write a letter to Doug to scrap the EQAO, I should have gone to FordFest and handed it to him personally.

Are the tests that far outside the standard ciriculum?

Has the ciriculum changed?

Or are teachers not teaching effectively?  Do the teachers have the correct skillset these days?   

or has our ciriculum been dumbed down over the years by the everyone passes bullshit so tests are above the kids learning?

Either way the teachers should be standing up and asking for changes to the testing and ciriculum.  Not scrap it all.  We need balances and checks especially in educating children.

But to scrap all measures of performance in a society that just pushes kids forward even if they fail only leads to trouble down the road.

If they cant pass a test in grade 6 and teachers are not teaching the information required to pass test where does the problem lie?

36 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Are the tests that far outside the standard ciriculum?

Has the ciriculum changed?

Or are teachers not teaching effectively?  Do the teachers have the correct skillset these days?   

or has our ciriculum been dumbed down over the years by the everyone passes bullshit so tests are above the kids learning?

Either way the teachers should be standing up and asking for changes to the testing and ciriculum.  Not scrap it all.  We need balances and checks especially in educating children.

But to scrap all measures of performance in a society that just pushes kids forward even if they fail only leads to trouble down the road.

If they cant pass a test in grade 6 and teachers are not teaching the information required to pass test where does the problem lie?

Thats the problem, they are sacrificing the curriculum and just focusing on answers to the past years EQAO tests.  Ie reverse engineering the test to better the grade without learning the core content.

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thats the problem, they are sacrificing the curriculum and just focusing on answers to the past years EQAO tests.  Ie reverse engineering the test to better the grade without learning the core content.

I am always surprise when someone gets it correct here - way to go AC 

Writing and Reading scores are even worse than Math - scores have been horrible since DAY ONE of Harris's attack/test - his goal is complete 

Not sure how anyone can think that 100% of the teacher are bad and can't teach - that is just fucked up thinking SK :dunno: 

Edited by 1trailmaker

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am always surprise when someone gets it correct here - way to go AC 

Writing and Reading scores are even worse than Math - scores have been horrible since DAY ONE of Harris's attack/test - his goal is complete 

Not sure how anyone can think that 100% of the teacher are bad and can't teach - that is just fucked up thinking SK :dunno: 

Fail, answer my question then?.

What needs to change?  And no we need to keep the standardized test in some form as that is the level to judge the learning.

Is it the cirriculum thats bad?

The teachers?

The parents?

We need to strive for improvement so how?   Show us some insight!

16 minutes ago, Sksman said:

What needs to change?  And no we need to keep the standardized test in some form as that is the level to judge the learning.

The teachers?

The parents?

simply put the TEST is too hard in the early years, children learn at different speeds as there is not ONE FITS ALL solutions.  You make a test and only 50% have ever passes it - tells me its the test and not anything else.  a friend of mines kid couldn't read anything in public school grade 3 and barely in grade 6 labelled by this test in the school system she proceeded and is now has an  English Masters degree -  The TEST FAIL she didn't .

you have say YORK REGION producing 70% passing and other places (not named) producing 45% passing has more to do with regions rather than teachers.

Something this test doesn't do is keep track or girls/boys black/white low income/ high income -  these are the factors that are making this test fail 

Math is hard, most people drop Math as soon as they can since most feel they don't need it.  ( although everything is MATH) 

Principals score the teachers as any boss person does, why do we need a test :dunno:  If you have 30 students and 60% fail the test and 40% get over 80% does this make the teach bad or good according to the test?  

If these test results when up and down with high percentages you would have a point but they don't they are very similar year after year 

30 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

simply put the TEST is too hard in the early years, children learn at different speeds as there is not ONE FITS ALL solutions.  You make a test and only 50% have ever passes it - tells me its the test and not anything else.  a friend of mines kid couldn't read anything in public school grade 3 and barely in grade 6 labelled by this test in the school system she proceeded and is now has an  English Masters degree -  The TEST FAIL she didn't .

you have say YORK REGION producing 70% passing and other places (not named) producing 45% passing has more to do with regions rather than teachers.

Something this test doesn't do is keep track or girls/boys black/white low income/ high income -  these are the factors that are making this test fail 

Math is hard, most people drop Math as soon as they can since most feel they don't need it.  ( although everything is MATH) 

Principals score the teachers as any boss person does, why do we need a test :dunno:  If you have 30 students and 60% fail the test and 40% get over 80% does this make the teach bad or good according to the test?  

If these test results when up and down with high percentages you would have a point but they don't they are very similar year after year 

I failed the English proficiency test for UofT entrance during my first year engineering.  Best mistake I ever made, was in a retard class that scored 90% that counted double semester.  Pretty sure success wise I left all my classmates in the dust.

34 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

On your bold, principals know if the marks are dropping due to a bad teacher, the problem is getting rid of said teacher.  You should know this.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

On your bold, principals know if the marks are dropping due to a bad teacher, the problem is getting rid of said teacher.  You should know this.

Yes its hard, most just get a transfer into SK's area :lol:  

Its like "who gets the bad kids this year"  Bob? Jane?  who wants them? 

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

The teachers?

The parents?

I will add the BOLD is another problem.  

Your kid fails math, Parent does nothing other than rant and rave at the school to do more -  helping their own child with math might never occur to them. 

Ever seen the results from home schooled kids :lol:  

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Cuts for all 

SELLING THE FARM 

great leadership from KING DOUCHE 

Yah right King Douche. Lol. You are such a liberal Hack.  

The Ford family has donated to the community and sponsored kids sports teams for many years.  And they hold a yearly bbq open to all in the community at the Ford family expense.  

The Failmaker hero Justin Trudeau charged seniors residences for speaking at their fundraisers while being paid as a MP of Canada.  And billed for expenses likely also. 

Who is the King Douche?? 

And i know Fords family has sponsored kids sports for at least 40+ years as I played on a Deco Labels sponsored soccer team and against Deco Label sponsored hockey teams.