*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

17 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Tesla sues Ontario - this is just the start of what he is creating 

Does anyone buying a Tesla need a rebate? What if RR or Cadillac offered EVs, should those cars be subsidized?

24 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Does anyone buying a Tesla need a rebate? What if RR or Cadillac offered EVs, should those cars be subsidized?

Well Cadillac did/does make a EV and people got the rebates.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commentary/current-green-cars-with-best-rebates-as-governments-sweeten-deals/article29537466/

Today the biggest Ontario EV incentives are on the Cadillac ELR – discontinued in Canada – and the BMW i3 and i3 ReX. Those get you $13,000 if you purchase or take a three-year lease.

15 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Using the Caddy was a rhetorical question.

If there had been a rebate on diesels, I wonder how much bro would've got on his CC that listed @ 90 Gs? And that was the SLE trim not a SLT or Denali.

Would buyers of Tesla EVs bought the EVs @ the lower end of the market (Bolt, Leaf) had there been a cutoff as to value of the vehicle the buyet could submit an application for?

Edited by revrnd

46 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Don't care either way, Ontario is being Sued is all that was stated.....

Ontario open for business, we make a contract and break it at will - great selling feature 

Can't wait for relief to come

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Ontario open for business, we make a contract and break it at will - great selling feature 

relief is here, buck a beer!

the lawsuit will be thrown out when tesla goes bankrupt, no need to worry.

• Haha 1

Premier of Toronto says council meeting August 20th must include money for gun violence :lol:  

give it a rest Doug you are not the Mayor 

what a fuck wad do nothing and pass the buck 

Freedomsledder backs the Premier of Toronto 100%  NoPlanSloganMan 

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Who cares.

17 minutes ago, steve6 said:

good stuff another $1.45 a year saved SWEET 

What about a reduction for tags 

The Premier of Toronto is doing a cracked up job - no savings for other Cities like he saved for Toronto SAD :lol:  

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

good stuff another $1.45 a year saved SWEET 

What about a reduction for tags 

The Premier of Toronto is doing a cracked up job - no savings for other Cities like he saved for Toronto SAD :lol:  

A dollar's a dollar, hopefully tags are next (and the e-testing). Drivers License renewal was already jacked multiple times in the past few years, Whynn just wanted to keep penalizing drivers.

He did stop elections for the regional chair for a few regions. More will come, its only been two months young grasshopper.

1 hour ago, steve6 said:

A dollar's a dollar, hopefully tags are next (and the e-testing). Drivers License renewal was already jacked multiple times in the past few years, Whynn just wanted to keep penalizing drivers.

He did stop elections for the regional chair for a few regions. More will come, its only been two months young grasshopper.

Bold - yes so his buddies can be appointed - that was a stab at Patrick Brown who was running 

Savings = zero on that one

You sure are an easy buy :lol:   I will never support Doug Ford but will the party from time to time 

So far he will save me 1.45 like I said can't wait for relief to come - Buck a Beer does nothing for me - Toronto council doesn't nothing for 12 million Ontario people.

Good times coming 

Drove by the highway yard on 28 by Youngs Point today. I noticed that the Carillion sign (that had been in place recently) has been removed. It will be interesting to see who will be doing the maintenance & plowing going forward.

29 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Drove by the highway yard on 28 by Youngs Point today. I noticed that the Carillion sign (that had been in place recently) has been removed. It will be interesting to see who will be doing the maintenance & plowing going forward.

I figure the same company guys under a new name, rape the public,  close down, pay off ECO's hugely, open new  company, rape the pubic, close down, pay off eco's 

pretty common in the world of contracting for the government - life time of money and zero hate unlike Government employees 

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/08/21/presidents-choice-joins-premier-doug-fords-buck-a-beer-movement.html 

Trail, the regional chair appointment instead of election means no need to run an election just for that position, all the extra paperwork, wasted costs for advertising for the people running etc.

Trail, you don't see 6 billion in efficiencies, but they will also come and make a difference in the long run (Hydro board/CEO, Council, Welfare, Environment Projects, Basic Income Pilot, Public elections for the Regional Chair etc).

Quite impressive for only 2 months of being in office.

Edited by steve6

37 minutes ago, steve6 said:

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/08/21/presidents-choice-joins-premier-doug-fords-buck-a-beer-movement.html 

Trail, the regional chair appointment instead of election means no need to run an election just for that position, all the extra paperwork, wasted costs for advertising for the people running etc.

Trail, you don't see 6 billion in efficiencies, but they will also come and make a difference in the long run (Hydro board/CEO, Council, Welfare, Environment Projects, Basic Income Pilot, Public elections for the Regional Chair etc).

Quite impressive for only 2 months of being in office.

On the CHAIR person - there isn't any savings someone still applies for the job, paper work is more involved than putting a name on the ballot for oct elections.  All ads are paid by the candidate and not the government.  so lets not try to make this better than it is.  More DICK TATING by Ford 

CEO of Hydro (care level zero) is paid for by the share holders, ONtario only pays his wages previously to the sale of Hydro (I am against this sale)  which is just over 1 million - again savings is nothing 

welfare up 1.5% - savings negative although the percent was dropped a point still no savings

Cap n Trade cancel will cost us money similar to gas plants - lets wait and see

Toronto council - this may save a property owner approx 5 dollars a year but once they hire more staffers it will end up costing more ( ie L.A. Fords own example)   in the end saves Ontario nothing 

Just wait to see how much the closing of safe injections sites cost us, dead people on the street is very costly to our system

so far $1.45 a year on license renewal is the only savings for Ontario

Cancelling stuff isn't impressive when you have no plan after it, its easy governing - Once Ford actually has a plan we can talk more :lol:  Hopefully the economy continues to grow and stay strong

The 407 program and Injection sites/Meth clinics should be soon, we can only hope.

1.6 million a year in Toronto just to operate those injection sites.. a person who dies while on welfare/odsb it is limited to the services they receive when they die (meaning no burial stone etc), it wont cost that much for a few extra deaths, plus those druggies will stop being a drain on the system, win win? These injection sites don't help people, they just condone the use of the drugs. No different than basic income pilot, it does not help people get jobs, just allows them to collect extra money while staying at home watching TV.

A drop from 3% to 1.5% raise is still a savings, don't you learn math? Counselors cost $115,000 a year.. a staffer.. maybe $60,000, back to the math question I just asked, if they let 20 go and only hire 5 at a cheaper salary, is that not a overall savings?

Also this is documented -> “This will raise your hydro rates,” Fedeli said. “Last year, Hydro One applied for a rate increase citing higher executive compensation. They asked Ontario to raise hydro rates to pay for their raises last year. What’s going to stop them from doing that this year and now that it’s wildly exorbitant?”

So, wouldn't cheaper executive pay equal less demand to compensate executives? I am not sure, but that sounds like cheaper rates for the consumer, my math may be off.