*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

So 2 questions.

1.  Will Justin Trudeau or Donald Trump call Doug Ford first to congratulate him when he wins election?

2.  Will Justin Trudeau or Donald Trump be invited first to address the Ontario Legislature?

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So 2 questions.

1.  Will Justin Trudeau or Donald Trump call Doug Ford first to congratulate him when he wins election?

2.  Will Justin Trudeau or Donald Trump be invited first to address the Ontario Legislature?

Donny doesn't care so count him out on both questions 

Trudeau will call with congrats as done wiht all provinces 

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so its is true that if you make more than 14$ an hour you will not receive any tax credits 

a part time worker making 14.01 an hour will not receive any extra credits .

pretty fucked up 

You have to draw the line somewhere... your rationale isn't very rational. Just like any other income tax rate. There are lots of thresholds where as soon as you cross it you pay a higher tax rate.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

You have to draw the line somewhere... your rationale isn't very rational. Just like any other income tax rate. There are lots of thresholds where as soon as you cross it you pay a higher tax rate.

your full time job is 35 hours a week and make $15 an hour =27300 - you pay full taxes

your full time jog is 40 hours a week and make $14 an hour = 29120 - you pay no tax 

Only in a fucked up world is this even close to being fair for the little guy but here is 02sled to defend it :lol:  

When asked about Wynne's comments about Doug Ford, Andrea Horvath said she wasn't going to go there and went on to discuss the NDP's outlook.

I wonder if Wynne's 'ranting' will result in alienating voters, that don't support the PCs or Ford, causing them to vote NDP?

Edited by revrnd

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

When asked about Wynne's comments about Doug Ford, Andrea Horvath said she wasn't going to go there and went on to discuss the NDP's outlook.

I wonder if Wynne's 'ranting' will result in alienating voters, that don't support the PCs or Ford, causing them to vote NDP?

I pretty sure she's hit rock bottom, esp after promising the world did nothing.

• Like 1

Will Doug be getting the same treatment from OFS that they gave Federal Finance Minister for doing shit to make more money in private life :dunno:  

I didn't care then and don't care today about Doug profiting on our Tax dollars but wondering about you guys since you all were very against it in the past.

I expect you will all defend Doug no matter what he does 

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

"Even a baboon could bring back manufacturing jobs back to Ontario."

Damn straight, just not Wynnebag.

do you honestly think a tax break of 1% in a Province with already the lowest taxes in country will attract this mystery manufacturing jobs :dunno:  

be honest 

59 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

your full time job is 35 hours a week and make $15 an hour =27300 - you pay full taxes

your full time jog is 40 hours a week and make $14 an hour = 29120 - you pay no tax 

Only in a fucked up world is this even close to being fair for the little guy but here is 02sled to defend it :lol:  

How do you defend getting a full time pay cheque for doing a part time job - that's what's really fucked up.  Like I said there has to be a threshold somewhere. Some will be the winners and some won't. Lots of things are driven by age. If you are X years old on Y date you qualify... lots of people will miss the threshold by one day. That's the way it is.

How about OSAP student loans / grants. Parents who earn $50K or less qualify. Poor kid whose parents earn $50,100 don't....

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

do you honestly think a tax break of 1% in a Province with already the lowest taxes in country will attract this mystery manufacturing jobs :dunno:  

be honest 

You really have no idea what is stopping manufactures from coming here?  Its not corp taxes.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

How do you defend getting a full time pay cheque for doing a part time job - that's what's really fucked up.  Like I said there has to be a threshold somewhere. Some will be the winners and some won't. Lots of things are driven by age. If you are X years old on Y date you qualify... lots of people will miss the threshold by one day. That's the way it is.

How about OSAP student loans / grants. Parents who earn $50K or less qualify. Poor kid whose parents earn $50,100 don't....

dude you are so easy to beat down 

Since when is your hourly wage and  NOT YOUR INCOME a measure for a tax break :dunno:  

some one make less money pays more is fucked up no matter how you slice it.  And before you say ITS PART TIME again I am sorry to inform you but most clerical workers are 35 hours a week FULL TIME 

I have 2 jobs each paying 14$ and make 55k a year, under Doug ford I pay nothing in taxes since anyone making 14 an hour pays nothing -  you are fucked up 

Why are you against a tax break for under 30k no matter how  you get there ? 

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Why are adults tied to their parents income in the first place?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You really have no idea what is stopping manufactures from coming here?  Its not corp taxes.

so lowering them won't do anything :dunno:  got ya Thanks 

Can you name some of these companies that are waiting to come here under Doug - name 1 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Can you name some of these companies that are waiting to come here under Doug - name 1 

They're still leaving now, its not due to the tax rate.  Just not worth the hassle here anymore.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They're still leaving now, its not due to the tax rate.  Just not worth the hassle here anymore.

:lol:  just not worth it :lol:  but by June it will be :lol:   

when companies keep leaving over the next decade who will you blame?   oh I know Trudeau if he is around 

I wish the PC's had kept the promise to lower the tax rate for first level which will help everyone in Ontario - but you guys are not against that because Doug to you so :lol:  

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

So, Fail thinks that a government that values and fosters a business environment, would not attract business?  Please, tell us more.....

:lol:  all you need to do is look up the history and it will be clear ONEWAY 

Try federal and provincial and see what you come up with you might be surprised 

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

dude you are so easy to beat down 

Since when is your hourly wage and  NOT YOUR INCOME a measure for a tax break :dunno:  

some one make less money pays more is fucked up no matter how you slice it.  And before you say ITS PART TIME again I am sorry to inform you but most clerical workers are 35 hours a week FULL TIME 

I have 2 jobs each paying 14$ and make 55k a year, under Doug ford I pay nothing in taxes since anyone making 14 an hour pays nothing -  you are fucked up 

Why are you against a tax break for under 30k no matter how  you get there ? 

You're beyond belief. It is whatever government decides it's going to be.

I am sorry to inform you Fail that in the REAL world outside of your government union bubble most clerical workers ARE NOT 35 HOURS A WEEK FULL TIME.

More STUPIDITY FROM FAIL.... How many hours does someone making $14 / hr have to put in to get that $55K a year you pulled out of your imagination as your shining example. I know you can't count that high on your fingers and toes. but that's 3928 hrs. That's 75 hours a week. So the person either works 15 hours a day 5 days a week or 10 3/4 hours a day 7 days a week.

Who said I was against a tax break.... I just said there has to be a threshold. You don't think there are parameters around that as well.

Edited by 02sled

15 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You're beyond belief. It is whatever government decides it's going to be.

I am sorry to inform you Fail that in the REAL world outside of your government union bubble most clerical workers ARE NOT 35 HOURS A WEEK FULL TIME.

More STUPIDITY FROM FAIL.... How many hours does someone making $14 / hr have to put in to get that $55K a year you pulled out of your imagination as your shining example. I know you can't count that high on your fingers and toes. but that's 3928 hrs. That's 75 hours a week. So the person either works 15 hours a day 5 days a week or 10 3/4 hours a day 7 days a week.

Who said I was against a tax break.... I just said there has to be a threshold.

I know people that work 2 jobs full time to make ends meet and yes its a long day.

explain how you defend and hourly wage to measure you taxes over INCOME :dunno:  while others will be taxed on their income.

How about the sunshine list :dunno:  why isn't it just hourly wages earned and not INCOME :dunno:  

fucking ONEWAY 

actually its 37.5 hours a week 8 hrs plus 1/2 unpaid lunch = 7.5hrs a day 

you can deny this but its still true 

Edited by 1trailmaker

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

They're leaving Fail... in large numbers. When the business environment becomes more favourable to operate here than elsewhere that attractiveness will draw business to Ontario.

40 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  just not worth it :lol:  but by June it will be :lol:   

when companies keep leaving over the next decade who will you blame?   oh I know Trudeau if he is around 

I wish the PC's had kept the promise to lower the tax rate for first level which will help everyone in Ontario - but you guys are not against that because Doug to you so :lol:  

Foreign investment has dropped of 40%.  This is due to the government's antibusiness environment.  Regardless of what you think, they need to make profits and where pastures are greener.

• Thanks 1