*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

8 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Elliot had 3000 more votes but Doug won the electoral college and 1300 votes they don't know where they came from.:pan:

Seriously? I have not heard that one. 

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

On the elect-ability scale, they may as well kept Brown... 

Outside of 'Ford Nation' in Toronto, how well liked is he? PC supporters will still vote PC in spite of him, but wavering voters will probably vote NDP.

I agree, or Hudum for that matter. How can someone not win a simple mayor's job (in comparison) but yet win a Provincial leadership race and possibly become the Premier of Ontario? It is mind boggling! 3 times now they have chosen the wrong leader. Elliot gave me hope that finally someone with some intelligence would be the Premier of Ontario. Ford, like Hudum, and Brown, is stupid as a stump. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

I agree, or Hudum for that matter. How can someone not win a simple mayor's job (in comparison) but yet win a Provincial leadership race and possibly become the Premier of Ontario? It is mind boggling! 3 times now they have chosen the wrong leader. Elliot gave me hope that finally someone with some intelligence would be the Premier of Ontario. Ford, like Hudum, and Brown, is stupid as a stump. 

Votes got allocated to the wrong ridings, so the results could change.

Buts lets get one thing straight, nobody is worse than Wynne, absolutely nobody.  She and Trudeau have done serious harm to Ontario and Canada and both need to go.  A goat would make a better choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irv said:

Funny how the 2 big government guys Fail and Irv are running down Ford the most.

Two days ago when Doug Ford said delay the voting a week Fail went on and on.  

Ford wanted vote to be fair and no problems.  A week to sort out the voters etc.  Make sure everyone could vote.

At the end of the day Ford won and is PC leader.  Get over it.  

Ford has support outside of Toronto.  Many farmers and 705ers like his message.  We need accountable government.  Maybe Ford is one and done?  So what?  If the message is delivered by the taxpayers that they are fed up with the bullshit currently in politics hopefully the career politicians are gone or get the message.

You can bet Wynne did not sleep last night.

As for government guys who sit around all day posting on websites look over your shoulder.  You could be the next part time job holder.

One thing for sure he would be pandering to the special interest groups. The end of this fixation on everything LGBT regardless of its connection to the matter being discussed. Also, I don't think he'd start every announcement with a preamble talking about FNs. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Votes got allocated to the wrong ridings, so the results could change.

Buts lets get one thing straight, nobody is worse than Wynne, absolutely nobody.  She and Trudeau have done serious harm to Ontario and Canada and both need to go.  A goat would make a better choice.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Funny how the 2 big government guys Fail and Irv are running down Ford the most.

Two days ago when Doug Ford said delay the voting a week Fail went on and on.  

Ford wanted vote to be fair and no problems.  A week to sort out the voters etc.  Make sure everyone could vote.

At the end of the day Ford won and is PC leader.  Get over it.  

Ford has support outside of Toronto.  Many farmers and 705ers like his message.  We need accountable government.  Maybe Ford is one and done?  So what?  If the message is delivered by the taxpayers that they are fed up with the bullshit currently in politics hopefully the career politicians are gone or get the message.

You can bet Wynne did not sleep last night.

As for government guys who sit around all day posting on websites look over your shoulder.  You could be the next part time job holder.

Funny how you like to leave out the fact, which I have repeated over and over again, that if Elliott was the leader way back when, I would have easily voted for her. Like I have also repeated over and over again, the majority of Ontarians voted for Wynn because Hudak was a dolt and was viewed as incompetent to run this Province. The PC’s clearly gave the Wynn and the Liberals a majority Gov’t because of Hudak, that is a fact.

If Elliott was the leader back then, there would have been a very good probability that she and the PC gov’t would be running this province now and not Wynn and the Liberals. If not, then I highly doubt the Liberals would have won such a landslide victory.

Doug Ford is another Hudak, imo. Maybe not quite as stupid, but he is clearly not the leader most Ontarians wanted. Now, with him at the helm, the chances of ousting Wynn and the Liberals is far less. Because Wynn is so hated in this Province, Ford may just win, but that will not be based on his campaign and his smarts but rather on Ontarians wanting Wynn out no matter what.

Imo, if it was Hudak who won last night, and given what we now know about Wynn and the Liberals, he could also likely oust Wynn now as people are so desperate to see her and her party gone.  

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

not quite the bells and whistles they were hoping for, Doug's acceptance speech :lol:  

the crowd 

ontario-pc-leadership.JPG

Is there still hope, or is it pretty much over? https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/elliott-refuses-to-concede-ontario-pc-race-to-ford-1.3838057

54 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

not quite the bells and whistles they were hoping for, Doug's acceptance speech :lol:  

the crowd 

ontario-pc-leadership.JPG

They told everyone to go home without announcing the winner since they couldn't keep the room... it was booked for a wedding the next day.

interesting map here of the voting for PC leader

scroll down to bottom

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-pc-leadership-results-1.4571699

Doug failed in Toronto by the looks of it, pretty much all of cottage country.  There will be lots of upset people

Edited by 1trailmaker

Can't find it on their website but 680news reported this morning that the PCs have a 45% approval rate as of today, would win a majority if the election was today. And this would happen irregardless of who won the leadership race, Elliot or Ford.

31 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Can't find it on their website but 680news reported this morning that the PCs have a 45% approval rate as of today, would win a majority if the election was today. And this would happen irregardless of who won the leadership race, Elliot or Ford.

Yup Majority it will be good to get these Leftard fucks out, they have all but destroyed the province :guzzle: 

It’s funny to read and talk to people who say I will never vote for Doug Ford.  He is blah blah blah.  Then they start ramblings on about Trump most commonly.

Too many people will vote against a leader and elect a completely inept government such as the Provincial Liberals or the wonder boy Justin Trudeau federally because he was not Harper.

Sometimes you have to vote for a party and not the leader even when you may not personally like the leader they still represent closer to the party platform then a completely different party you vote for out of spite.

I didn't really think Doug would win, he is probably one of the worst chances to get the un-decided, but Please Dougy, don't let us down, Wish List:

Get rid of the carbon tax and associated taxes it jacked up (like fuel)

Get rid of etesting (since tax payers are paying for it now anyways)

Reduce car sticker/registration prices?

Finally put some money into Highway expansions, instead of gobs of money into useless transit!

Fix the Hydro bullshit so its not the most expensive in the damn world?

Some how, some way reduce my fucking taxes or overall expenses

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sksman said:

It’s funny to read and talk to people who say I will never vote for Doug Ford.  He is blah blah blah.  Then they start ramblings on about Trump most commonly.

Too many people will vote against a leader and elect a completely inept government such as the Provincial Liberals or the wonder boy Justin Trudeau federally because he was not Harper.

Sometimes you have to vote for a party and not the leader even when you may not personally like the leader they still represent closer to the party platform then a completely different party you vote for out of spite.

Isn't that how Harper got to be PM?  

We are going to see  videos of Doug defending Rob, its not going to go well I don't think.   Personal time :lol:  

Doug defends Rob by saying drugs are okay if everyone does them - This behavior will not work in Queens Park