*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, irv said:

UFB!! May as well have let Hudum run again. >:(

Edit: Maybe too soon? TV says it's not over/concluded but CBC says it is? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-progressive-conservatives-pcs-new-leader-election-1.4571014

I'm confused!

Latest I've heard is it's close and they are doing a recount.

What a friggin train wreck! The Liberals will use this and the people of Ontario will also be thinking twice now. They can't even organize/run a leadership race let alone run the Province.

Even some of their own are being very vocal about it, which, of course is stupid on their part as Kathleen Wynn and the Liberals will also use that to their advantage. I've never seen the likes of Gov't like this in all my life. :flush:

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

What a shit show this is going to be, Wynne vs Ford :lol:  

Once Doug starts bashing GBLQ......... as nonsense  in the Sex Ed its over for him

On that note I live in Blue Land

Elliot had 3000 more votes but Doug won the electoral college and 1300 votes they don't know where they came from.:pan:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Elliot had 3000 more votes but Doug won the electoral college and 1300 votes they don't know where they came from.:pan:

Check with Puzzle and the Kijiji guy.....

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

What a shit show this is going to be, Wynne vs Ford :lol:  

Once Doug starts bashing GBLQ......... as nonsense  in the Sex Ed its over for him

On that note I live in Blue Land

On the elect-ability scale, they may as well kept Brown... 

Outside of 'Ford Nation' in Toronto, how well liked is he? PC supporters will still vote PC in spite of him, but wavering voters will probably vote NDP.

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

On the elect-ability scale, they may as well kept Brown... 

Outside of 'Ford Nation' in Toronto, how well liked is he? PC supporters will still vote PC in spite of him, but wavering voters will probably vote NDP.

The only thing going for him is that 80% of Ontario voters despise Wynnebag, that might not be enough for a Doug victory.:lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The only thing going for him is that 80% of Ontario voters despise Wynnebag, that might not be enough for a Doug victory.:lol:

Mind you a poll last week showed that support for the PCs among decided voted (I think that was the metric) was the lowest w/ him as leader vs Elliot or Mulroney.

Just have to see if he can keep the bluster & buffoonery in check during the campaign.

https://torontoist.com/2016/12/ford-nation-isnt-a-good-book-but-its-important/

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Mind you a poll last week showed that support for the PCs among decided voted (I think that was the metric) was the lowest w/ him as leader vs Elliot or Mulroney.

Just have to see if he can keep the bluster & buffoonery in check during the campaign.

https://torontoist.com/2016/12/ford-nation-isnt-a-good-book-but-its-important/

One poll suggested any PC leader would win the provincial election.

https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/pcs-well-leader-including-patrick-brown/

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One poll suggested any PC leader would win the provincial election.

https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/pcs-well-leader-including-patrick-brown/

As a grown up that my father knew as a teen working @ a lodge would say about the riding up here back in the 40 & 50s, "The Conservatives could run a (black) against Jesus Christ and they'd win". 

I hope the hate that voters have for Seabiscuit is greater than the disdain for Ford.

• Like 1

Feel for Joker mouth 3rd  time loss is tough 

What I don't like about what is going to happen is Doug and his catch phrases,  he is going to find out Wynne is pretty good one on one.

I am Tired of Wynne but fuck I hate Doug Ford (as a leader) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Feel for Joker mouth 3rd  time loss is tough 

What I don't like about what is going to happen is Doug and his catch phrases,  he is going to find out Wynne is pretty good one on one.

I am Tired of Wynne but fuck I hate Doug Ford (as a leader) 

Doug could win the election and then make a fool of himself as time progresses.  Just like our current PM.

3 hours ago, irv said:

What a friggin train wreck! The Liberals will use this and the people of Ontario will also be thinking twice now. They can't even organize/run a leadership race let alone run the Province.

Even some of their own are being very vocal about it, which, of course is stupid on their part as Kathleen Wynn and the Liberals will also use that to their advantage. I've never seen the likes of Gov't like this in all my life. :flush:

Yes the Liberal government that you voted for is disgraceful. 

Ford will provide a breath of fresh air.

And Irv and Fail better watch out.  Ford is gonna be looking for the gravy to cut.  

5 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Yes the Liberal government that you voted for is disgraceful. 

Ford will provide a breath of fresh air.

And Irv and Fail better watch out.  Ford is gonna be looking for the gravy to cut.  

Irv is a government waste too?  I thought he had enough baggage as a Yamaha owner.  Poor guy he must be devastated 

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

Irv is a government waste too?  I thought he had enough baggage as a Yamaha owner.  Poor guy he must be devastated 

Irv is a hydro 1 guy and was a strong supporter of Wynne.