*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so when you vote for a tax break its all good but if I do its a handout?  got it 

Your comprehension level is still below grade school. A tax cut is not a handout regardless. It is letting everyone keep more of their own money. IT'S ALL THE LIBERAL HANDOUTS THAT WE CAN'T AFFORD AND ARE SIMPLY GRATUITOUS PANDERING TO KEEP THEMSELVES EMPLOYED.

We don't need to be giving free prescriptions to everyone under 24 just as one example. Free post secondary education is another. Those are handouts. One of Mike Harris's best concepts was Workfare instead of Welfare. You are able bodied, do something to earn that HANDOUT, like clean up a public park. OOOPS the unions cried foul... that is going to impact our overpaid jobs. You can't do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Will the PC's be campaigning on removing this type of welfare for single mom's? I don't like the sounds of that

It's applicable to all kids, not just single moms or single dads. Everyone wants to shed a tear for the single mom but never any concern for the single dad.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

You should stick with the Liberals for sure... that is their model... keep giving hand outs even though we can't afford it. You love the gravy train after all...

They will likely get around to giving you an assistant who can help you do even less

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Your comprehension level is still below grade school. A tax cut is not a handout regardless. It is letting everyone keep more of their own money. IT'S ALL THE LIBERAL HANDOUTS THAT WE CAN'T AFFORD AND ARE SIMPLY GRATUITOUS PANDERING TO KEEP THEMSELVES EMPLOYED.

We don't need to be giving free prescriptions to everyone under 24 just as one example. Free post secondary education is another. Those are handouts. One of Mike Harris's best concepts was Workfare instead of Welfare. You are able bodied, do something to earn that HANDOUT, like clean up a public park. OOOPS the unions cried foul... that is going to impact our overpaid jobs. You can't do that.

sorry I mistook your reply STATING HAND OUTS to me for saying I will take a tax cut from the PC's - :lol:  

Yes we need free meds for all citizens 

I didn't realize education was a handout - I assume you feel the need for PRIVATE SCHOOLS ONLY 

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

It's applicable to all kids, not just single moms or single dads. Everyone wants to shed a tear for the single mom but never any concern for the single dad.

you have no concern for anyone other than yourself, your posts make that clear.  

Tell me how you support the single Dad getting  hand outs, I can't wait to hear this 

Lol.  Those things for civil servants should have been abolished 80 years ago.  And if not, outsource it to uneducated folk who will do it for $15 an hour.  Taxpayers are not running an employment centre; they deserve the best bang for the buck. 

Your judgement is clearly compromised by an excess of THC, and union brainwashing. 

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

First was the right to strike, then sick time, then pay freeze for just over 4 years and several other bennie attacks. 

You do know that the Liberals are the only government that took on the TEACHERS UNION :dunno:   no other has come close to what they have done.   If this was done by the CONS it would have been cheered as best government ever.  

I have worked through every governing Party none of them have nothing to do with me keeping my job....... 

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Lol.  Those things for civil servants should have been abolished 80 years ago.  And if not, outsource it to uneducated folk who will do it for $15 an hour.  Taxpayers are not running an employment centre; they deserve the best bang for the buck. 

Your judgement is clearly compromised by an excess of THC, and union brainwashing. 

Every Job in the world can be done by someone for much less, this includes all private businesses too

I agree many would take jobs for much less, this doesn't help anyone really now does it :dunno:  

90% civil servants are made up of Cops, Teachers, Nurses so take it up with them

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Every Job in the world can be done by someone for much less, this includes all private businesses too

I agree many would take jobs for much less, this doesn't help anyone really now does it :dunno:  

90% civil servants are made up of Cops, Teachers, Nurses so take it up with them

yet another number pulled out of the overactive imagination of Fail...90% :lol:

Edited by 02sled

Some people on here act as if we don't need any civil servants or government services.  I'd bet that most wouldn't take many of these supposedly cushy government gigs because the compensation really is barely adequate for the job requirements. 

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

all you have is a picture of me you keep beside your bed and post it when angry.  You don't know me so stop pretending you do.

I am tired of the Ontario Liberals its that simple 

Lol.

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

First was the right to strike, then sick time, then pay freeze for just over 4 years and several other bennie attacks. 

You do know that the Liberals are the only government that took on the TEACHERS UNION :dunno:   no other has come close to what they have done.   If this was done by the CONS it would have been cheered as best government ever.  

I have worked through every governing Party none of them have nothing to do with me keeping my job....... 

You never really called them out on that either.

28 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Some people on here act as if we don't need any civil servants or government services.  I'd bet that most wouldn't take many of these supposedly cushy government gigs because the compensation really is barely adequate for the job requirements. 

The compensation is great for starting out and gets worse the higher up you go.  That being said you couldn't pay me enough to put up with the unions or political BS my wife has to deal with every day.  Wew, glad I got that off my chest.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lol.

You never really called them out on that either.

too busy at the time talking about GAS PLANTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over here :lol:  

Facts are that I don't complain often, never whine about my job, but will defend it when someone no nothing blankets a statement 

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

too busy at the time talking about GAS PLANTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over here :lol:  

Facts are that I don't complain often, never whine about my job, but will defend it when someone no nothing blankets a statement 

Not really about the plants but racketeering, but whatever.

Everyone has to defend what they do on FS.:lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

125k teachers?  You're just baiting him.

consisting of 81,239.07 elementary and 42,338.89 secondary teachers. 

doesn't include EA's or other staff 

no baiting just trying to explain where most of his money goes

OPP have the least by a long shot at only 6k not including local cops 

Incorrect.  Skilled personnel compensation is dictated by market forces.  You really do know fuck all about finance. 

Cops, teachers, and nurses are ALL doing an important job.  They're not fucking around all day on FS. 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Incorrect.  Skilled personnel compensation is dictated by market forces.  You really do know fuck all about finance. 

Cops, teachers, and nurses are ALL doing an important job.  They're not fucking around all day on FS. 

Are you going to pretend that you think  Teachers and Cops are not overpaid :dunno:  wow how things change 

But I could find many people willing to take a cops job for much less, this wouldn't even be an issue 

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

consisting of 81,239.07 elementary and 42,338.89 secondary teachers. 

doesn't include EA's or other staff 

no baiting just trying to explain where most of his money goes

OPP have the least by a long shot at only 6k not including local cops 

OK Numbers, I thought you were talking $$$.  Self.:pan:

Who said we don't need civil servants?  The issue is compensation for a taxpayer funded service.  We don't need to pay garbagemen $35 an hour. 

If the compensation is "barely adequate", why do Fail and his ilk worry so much about Jobs for Life?  Check their attrition rate, and why they desperately require unionization. 

In any non unionized environment, they'd be making what the job deserves. 

56 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Teachers and cops are hardly overpaid.  They are both very important jobs to our society.  (That doesn't mean there aren't shitty cops and shitty teachers.)  You're a prime example of what no education gets you. 

Who would be willing to do a cop's job for less, and be fully able to carry out those duties?  Not very many.  I've no issue with cops making 90k+.  It's a specialized job requiring special people skills, and special temperment.  Just because a guy THINKS he can do the job, doesn't mean he can.  "Willing" to take the job is largely irrelevant. 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Are you going to pretend that you think  Teachers and Cops are not overpaid :dunno:  wow how things change 

But I could find many people willing to take a cops job for much less, this wouldn't even be an issue 

5 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Who said we don't need civil servants?  The issue is compensation for a taxpayer funded service.  We don't need to pay garbagemen $35 an hour. 

If the compensation is "barely adequate", why do Fail and his ilk worry so much about Jobs for Life?  Check their attrition rate, and why they desperately require unionization. 

In any non unionized environment, they'd be making what the job deserves. 

We need our civil servants.  We need our nurses, our police officers, our teachers etc to remain well paid public servants.  That does not need to include services like garbage collection, although we need our garbage collected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Teachers and cops are hardly overpaid.  They are both very important jobs to our society.  (That doesn't mean there aren't shitty cops and shitty teachers.)  You're a prime example of what no education gets you. 

Who would be willing to do a cop's job for less, and be fully able to carry out those duties?  Not very many.  I've no issue with cops making 90k+.  It's a specialized job requiring special people skills, and special temperment.  Just because a guy THINKS he can do the job, doesn't mean he can.  "Willing" to take the job is largely irrelevant. 

I agree.  However, I also do not think all teachers are equal nor should they be paid the same.  The teaching profession actually reflects poorly on the remuneration for market demand in the real world.

• Like 1