Speaking of stocks

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I apologize if my op was unclear. I'm was looking into playing with some stocks in the open market, similar to the ones I mentioned above. Wanted to know if anyone else has messed around with E-trade type stocks. Open it up to discussions on experiences, pros and cons, tips, other up coming interested investments, etc.

If you are looking to play " desk blackjack " Look for bed news . IE , ford quarterlys lower then expected " ect. That news will usually drive the entire sector down. Buy the competition who dosnt have bad news. Shortly after competition will rise as people realize the bad news didn't effect them and their increased sales and market share may be the cause of competitors bad news.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If you are looking to play " desk blackjack " Look for bed news . IE , ford quarterlys lower then expected " ect. That news will usually drive the entire sector down. Buy the competition who dosnt have bad news. Shortly after competition will rise as people realize the bad news didn't effect them and their increased sales and market share may be the cause of competitors bad news.

Great point! In my first post I mentioned Ford, I've been monitoring the auto sector for your exact reasoning. Good post!! 😎

33 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Great point! In my first post I mentioned Ford, I've been monitoring the auto sector for your exact reasoning. Good post!! 😎

What is your risk tolerance?

Would keep away from auto.  Here is a good cad stock, but I stick to mutual funds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RCH:CN

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What is your risk tolerance?

Would keep away from auto.  Here is a good cad stock, but I stick to mutual funds.

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RCH:CN

Risk is what it is, obviously I'd be in it to make money. But as Steve said-

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

If I loose some, at the end of the day I won't loose my house. Not looking to retire from it, just wondering what everyone else has in the market, have some fun. 😁