Looking for a helmet

firecatguy

4 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'm still on the CL10.  Lol.  Cheapest I've seen for CL17s is on Ebay.  Have seen them for around $140 with heated visors.  but sizing would certainly still be an issue, especially for an item you can't try on. 

That is because they only made one CL10 in XXXXXL.......custom built for Puzzlehead. LOL

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2018 at 2:45 PM, ZRSledhead said:

Irv, good point on modulars, searched but never found one with anything above DOT rating.  

On 1/27/2018 at 3:07 PM, Zambroski said:

Snell certified is better than DOT certified but usually a Snell is also DOT (standards exceeded DOT).  New standard is out of Europe called ECE.  It's the highest in standards and has been for years.

On 1/27/2018 at 7:31 PM, Pete Z said:

ECE is indeed the new benchmark.  I was always told that the Snell safety testing was geared more towards auto racing than any other motorsports anyways. 

I thought, when I first heard about ECE standards, that they were the best/highest rated helmets on the market, but I just found out, after watching this,  that is not the case. This is one of the better vids I have watched on the subject, but of course, there are many more. Seems ECE does certify modulars but not Snell, and from what I have heard about modular impact testing, I don't blame Snell.

• Like 1