Your Dictionary Definition of Racism Is Outdated Trash

Just now, motonoggin said:

Do you want racism to end? Do you think dismissing what black people say about it is going to accomplish that?

Absolutely.

I don't think it will harm the cause to end the misuse or coopting of words to promote black privilege.  I think that this word co-opting will overall harm the goal of ending racism.  See black people have the same opportunity to be racist, and in this case I think it is quite clear that fighting fire with fire isn't going to accomplish that goal.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Fact is racism happens from blacks to white as well as white to black.  It happens from yellow to black, brown to black, brown to yellow, yellow to white, and on down the line.

Neal

And that’s why the definition...widely accepted around the world, is correct and valid.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Absolutely.

I don't think it will harm the cause to end the misuse or coopting of words to promote black privilege.  I think that this word co-opting will overall harm the goal of ending racism.  See black people have the same opportunity to be racist, and in this case I think it is quite clear that fighting fire with fire isn't going to accomplish that goal.

Neal

Punching up isn't the same as punching down, Neal.

Black people have a right to be angry, have a right to hate their oppressors. To deny them that is invalidating their unique experience in this system. 

"Don't fight hate with hate" is white liberal PC nonsense. You're equating the contempt toward the oppressor with contempt toward the oppressed. 

On behalf of minorities we disavow motos retardation. We do not want, or need him and other suburban white liberals continually speaking on our behalf and always trying to segregate us through ideals. Just treat us fair and as equals as it should be. Hire us on merit. Friend us because we’re friendly. Hate some of us because some of us can be assholes too. 

And #1 allow us to think and speak for ourselves. Thanks 

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Punching up isn't the same as punching down, Neal.

Black people have a right to be angry, have a right to hate their oppressors. To deny them that is invalidating their unique experience in this system. 

"Don't fight hate with hate" is white liberal PC nonsense. You're equating the contempt toward the oppressor with contempt toward the oppressed. 

Punching is the same as punching.

Yes, they sure do, and when their "unique experience" oversteps those bounds it shall be called out and shouted down with all the vigor that they are applying.  

No, not in the least, and especially in my context!!!!  I'm making the point that to be taken seriously, specific examples must be given and specific perpetrators identified.  Claiming to be painted with a broad brush and then rebuking with a broad brush will never equate to the advancement of racism being extinguished.  It's a spinning of the wheels.

We've been over this before, give the specifics so we can address the specifics.  I'm here for that, all day.  

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

On behalf of minorities we disavow motos retardation. We do not want, or need him and other suburban white liberals continually speaking on our behalf and always trying to segregate us through ideals. Just treat us fair and as equals as it should be. Hire us on merit. Friend us because we’re friendly. Hate some of us because some of us can be assholes too. 

And #1 allow us to think and speak for ourselves. Thanks 

The article was written by a black person. 

As a wp minority, you probably shouldn't be invalidating a black persons opinion or experience.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Being able to claim only blacks are victims of racism.  How privileged is that thinking...  :lol:

Neal

Yes, because it's a privilege to experience racism every single day of your life. :lol:

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

As a wp minority, you probably shouldn't be invalidating a black persons opinion or experience.

Yes, because it's a privilege to experience racism every single day of your life. :lol:

There’s extremists in “our” society as well. The fact that she keeps talking about Old white things shows how racist she is. As a group we do not accept her ramblings as much more than a fringe opinion.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Yet the black author invalidates a white perspective immediately.  This is why the movement to co-opt the word will lose.

Whites experience it too, it isn't a single skin color happening.

Neal

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

There’s extremists in “our” society as well. The fact that she keeps talking about Old white things shows how racist she is. As a group we do not accept her ramblings as much more than a fringe opinion.

Lol, this isn't extremism.

What's extreme is the willful white ignorance being displayed here.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yet the black author invalidates a white perspective immediately.  This is why the movement to co-opt the word will lose.

Whites experience it too, it isn't a single skin color happening.

Neal

People hurting your tender white feelings isn't racism. 

Accepting the oppressor classes customs and traditions aren't going to end their oppression.

Edited by motonoggin

Just now, motonoggin said:

Lol, this isn't extremism.

What's extreme is the willful white ignorance being displayed here.

Just because this fringe extremist has an opinion it doesn’t make her correct. 

Saying we need to change the definition of racism so that only whites can be racist, is racist against whites. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

People hurting your tender white feelings isn't racism. 

Accepting the oppressor classes customs and traditions aren't going to end their oppression.

And likewise people hurting your tender black feelings about word usage isn't racism.

If by oppressor class and tradition you mean to fairly and justly use a word which has an agreed and defined usage, then your right it wouldn't, but it would be a step in the correct direction to doing so.

And I'm going to change the definition of oppressor to black person dictating to white people the way words must be used, because, hey, that's the way it works now...  

Neal

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And likewise people hurting your tender black feelings about word usage isn't racism.

If by oppressor class and tradition you mean to fairly and justly use a word which has an agreed and defined usage, then your right it wouldn't, but it would be a step in the correct direction to doing so.

And I'm going to change the definition of oppressor to black person dictating to white people the way words must be used, because, hey, that's the way it works now...  

Neal

I mean, this is typical white centrist bullshit.

There's two sides to every issue and they're both equally guilty of everything they accuse each other of.

Black people are telling you that your white dictionary definition doesn't fit with their experience of racism in America. 

And your response? 

Oh well. Can't change it. Is what it is.

:lol:

Edited by motonoggin
  • Haha 1

More examples of white centrist nonsense:

"Antifa are just as bad as fascists"

"Killing Nazis makes you as bad as a Nazi"

"Women hating men is just as bad as men hating women."

"Blacks hating the oppressor class is just as bad as the oppressor class hating black people"

"Punching is punching"

"If you're nice to your oppressor, they'll be nicer to you"

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I mean, this is typical white centrist bullshit.

There's two sides to every issue and they're both equally guilty of everything they accuse each other of.

Black people are telling you that your white dictionary definition doesn't fit with their experience of racism in America. 

And your response? 

Oh well. Can't change it. Is what it is.

:bc: 

6 hours ago, motonoggin said:

More examples of white centrist nonsense:

"Antifa are just as bad as fascists"

"Killing Nazis makes you as bad as a Nazi"

"Women hating men is just as bad as men hating women."

"Blacks hating the oppressor class is just as bad as the oppressor class hating black people"

"Punching is punching"

"If you're nice to your oppressor, they'll be nicer to you"

:bc: 

Kneel in the Middle :groin: Moto 

I had to stop here.......  :lol: 

So here’s the thing, the dictionary is not the law of the land. It’s a dictionary. It’s a book, it’s a pocket guide. It’s not the pirate code written in blood, it wasn’t written by god. It’s not the 10 commandments, nobody had to make human sacrifices for it. It’s a reference guide of words. It was written by a bunch of white people to lay out general definitions of old white words.

• Sad 1