Some vintage/classic/race sleds I checked out today

Rigid1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Out doing calls today,  so I swung into this joint, snapped a couple pics. They definitely appreciate sleds and the history of snowmobiling. Great place to look for parts to boot..

DSC_1584.JPG

DSC_1583.JPG

DSC_1580.JPG

DSC_1579.JPG

DSC_1582.JPG

DSC_1581.JPG

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RJM said:

I don’t know that

I really don't know what to do about the mess over there right now. I can see both sides, but I've tried to run the site the way Rob has always told me to run it. BTW, Mike did get Hotel Universal to sign up as an advertiser :thumb:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I really don't know what to do about the mess over there right now. I can see both sides, but I've tried to run the site the way Rob has always told me to run it. BTW, Mike did get Hotel Universal to sign up as an advertiser :thumb:

That’s very good news I think everything will work it’s way out 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

Whats the story?

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Whats the story?

Some of the members feel that it isn't fair to the paid advertisers that some members promote businesses that aren't paid advertisers of the site.  Rob always said it was fine as long as it wasn't the business promoting itself. The thing is all of the advertisers on the site are the result of a few members that ride / live in Quebec that take the time to get the advertisers on board. Then they hear from some of the advertisers questioning why some businesses seem to get a free ride. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Some of the members feel that it isn't fair to the paid advertisers that some members promote businesses that aren't paid advertisers of the site.  Rob always said it was fine as long as it wasn't the business promoting itself. The thing is all of the advertisers on the site are the result of a few members that ride / live in Quebec that take the time to get the advertisers on board. Then they hear from some of the advertisers questioning why some businesses seem to get a free ride. 

Yea, thats a tough one.  

52 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's how it should be :bc:  

Always used to stay right across the street from there and on Saturday mornings while waiting for the "handovers" to get their asses up to ride, i'd stroll on over to Hudon and check the place out.  I remember when it was the old farmhouse and every room was just filled with vintage parts, including the dirt floor basement with 4 foot ceilings.  They started out quite simple and built one hell of a business.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Out doing calls today,  so I swung into this joint, snapped a couple pics. They definitely appreciate sleds and the history of snowmobiling. Great place to look for parts to boot..

Great stuff.   :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, ckf said:

I know back in the day on HCS Rob got pissed at me because I was buying sleds at the auction and offering them on the Quebec Rider site and HCS. They were really good deals and I was just putting them up there to see if there was any interest but he got pissed and told me to stop. I guess that was his policy to protect the paid advertisers. I didn't like it but I understood.