New scam?

Sksman

So i recieved this email in response to an add i replied to purchase a tractor.

New Scam?

Hello again,

I`m glad that you are still interested. The tractor is currently located into Maxero Trading Corporation warehouse, If you want to buy the tractor through Maxero Trading Corporation you have to register on the company website. After registering an invoice will be sent to you with detailed information about the shipping process, insurance, return policy and payment process too, the shipping fees are my responsibility. The most important thing is that this company offers a return policy and you have the right to return the tractor at any time but I am sure you won`t need to use the return policy because the tractor is exactly as I describe`it. I forgot to mention before that if it is easier for you I can arrange a local pickup in Fermont QC or the trading company will deliver the tractor to your address, free of charge. If you want the tractor to be delivered you have to register on the company website www.maxero.tctrd.com I apologize for the long email but I couldn`t explain the process in less words.

6 minutes ago, odot1 said:

It's weird...  Def seems like a scam.  But even a quick google search shows that Maxero itself is legit.  I'd still be leery myself though.

First thing i did was google search and found same responses Odot 1 copied.

I like my money way too much to risk giving away to a scam. 

Tractor they are selling looks to be a good deal.  But its located in Fermont QC. Thats Labrador city. Maybe Newfiebullet could check it out for me. Lol. 

• Like 1

I've heard convoluted scams, where the seller is in 1 location while the tractor is in another. Initially all the 'buyer' pays for is shipping w/ full payment due upon delivery. The 1 I recall was a Canadian serviceman returning transferring out of Panama City FL (yes we've had RCAF personnel there so that is plausible) being transferred & needing to sell a tractor that he owns. The scam a co-worker spotted had a late-model (at the time) Kubota for a decent price. I told him to run away!

A friend had a boat for sale a few years ago and the 'buyer' said he was on a laker so he had no phone contact, just email. My buddy was new to the 'net, so I told him that it sounded fishy.

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hire somebody local to handle it/escrow it, etc. 

Sean, if he called the police there locally, would they check it out beforehand?  Maybe only if they weren't busy kinda deal? 

Depends on the officer you got and how busy (as you said).  Really what it comes down to as far as police are concerned..  It would be considered a civil matter initially..  Then if money was exchanged with receipt of product it could get into fraud.  Having said that Quebec does work under slightly different laws than the rest of Canada...