Trolley Problem Time!

What do you do with the Trolley Problem?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You are presented with the Trolley Problem...

• Pulling the lever is murder
    • Killing 1 to save 5 is justified

• USA Contributing Member

So if I instinctively pull the lever and kill 1 and later find out the person was black and the 5 others that lived were white would I have to live my life knowing that I killed someone but also being labeled a racist?  What if I killed the 1 child and the 5 that lived were old, miserable bastards that were pretty much through with life anyway?  What if the 5 consisted of Maincat, the 2 guys that keep fighting over who's gayer, and people that think lug height affect travel distance and will increase sled speed?  There's a lot too this, it's not as simple as it seems.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Just call the train racist so it completely excuses you from having to participate or justify your position 

It doesn't work that way, once you call someone racist you have to defend that position. You guys have a serious victim mentality with this, "Boo hoo some fag calls me a racist" thing.  Crybabies.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How fast does a single car trolley stop ?

It's a thought experiment. You have to accept the premise that it's going to either kill 5 people if you do nothing, or 1 if you pull the lever.

8 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

It doesn't work that way, once you call someone racist you have to defend that position. You guys have a serious victim mentality with this, "Boo hoo some fag calls me a racist" thing.  Crybabies.

It's a thought experiment. You have to accept the premise that it's going to either kill 5 people if you do nothing, or 1 if you pull the lever.

Racist 

13 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Wow racist 

So I take it you have no proof that I'm racist, duly noted :thumb:

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Mother Fucking Owned.  :lol:  

I'm sorry, I must have missed the time I called someone racist who wasn't being racist. 

8 minutes ago, Legend said:

Why cant you run over the one, then back up and slowly 1 by 1 run over the other 5?

I mean we are all racist bigoted white men anyway, so fuck em. Maybe they are pothead wannabe wiggers.....

Mainly because that goes against the design of the thought experiment.