Ohhhh...SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I bet zambroski has dreams about doing shit like that......unfortunately he probably looks more like gummy on his 4tec doing sweet jumps :lol: 

Hey...I can dream!

....but back in the day.  I could send it too!  I never could get those landings right though.  :lol:

Now....should I stud the crossover or, is that for pussies.  Tool Kit is advising.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey...I can dream!

....but back in the day.  I could send it too!  I never could get those landings right though.  :lol:

Now....should I stud the crossover or, is that for pussies.  Tool Kit is advising.

The thing about hucking sleds ......and for the record I am way way to old for that shit and have been for going on a decade.......the thing is finding the right setup to not fail. You need gradual incline and a nice soft slope to land. I've watched people do sweet jumps and land out in the flats of wherever they are jumping and just laugh my ass off. Its all in the setup

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The thing about hucking sleds ......and for the record I am way way to old for that shit and have been for going on a decade.......the thing is finding the right setup to not fail. You need gradual incline and a nice soft slope to land. I've watched people do sweet jumps and land out in the flats of wherever they are jumping and just laugh my ass off. Its all in the setup

No question.  Easy to find "lanch ramps" out there.....landing pads are tougher.  That's how I bent my metal up last time.  Fucking SHIT!

368.JPG

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The worst is coming inslightly off center, then when you hit you get body slammed chin first into the snow like fucking wwe , then your sled lands perfectly. 

Edited by Shifty

3 minutes ago, Shifty said:

The worst is coming inslightly off center, then when you hit you get body slammed chin first into the snow like fucking wwe , then your sled lands perfectly. 

None of that shit has any appeal to me anymore. I used to live for tearing up sleds and at the same time I was tearing up my body pretty good. I cant do it anymore 

I don't do that stuff anymore. There is a group of young guys that I ride with a few times a year. It's the few times I have a few beers in the trunk. It's like watching YouTube videos live. Let me see if I can find one.:lol2:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Yeah...never had that happen.  Bikes either.  All my shit get's clapped out hard.  :lol: Me DOEs is Ryte!

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

None of that shit has any appeal to me anymore. I used to live for tearing up sleds and at the same time I was tearing up my body pretty good. I cant do it anymore 

I still have the want to...and some skill left.  But my body is slowly winning the war.  My injuries of old hurt more and longer everytime I refresh them.  I've got maybe 5 decent sled riding years left.  Then...I'm out.  Then back to skydiving or really...I really want to get into deep water diving in Superior.  I mean ...pretty cool I think.

What ever happened to your piloting dream?  Still working on it?

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...never had that happen.  Bikes either.  All my shit get's clapped out hard.  :lol: Me DOEs is Ryte!

I still have the want to...and some skill left.  But my body is slowly winning the war.  My injuries of old hurt more and longer everytime I refresh them.  I've got maybe 5 decent sled riding years left.  Then...I'm out.  Then back to skydiving or really...I really want to get into deep water diving in Superior.  I mean ...pretty cool I think.

What ever happened to your piloting dream?  Still working on it?

I think I'm over the flying thing. It 100% stemmed for my want to spend more time in MN and I just slowly realized owning a plane and flying was not the answer. I enjoyed it for a bit and now I'm past it. 

I never want to quit riding and if I take care of myself I should be able to do it for a long time. These new sleds are making that a reality. 

I have an icepack on my back and a heating pad on my shoulder as I am typing so there is that though :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

I think I'm over the flying thing. It 100% stemmed for my want to spend more time in MN and I just slowly realized owning a plane and flying was not the answer. I enjoyed it for a bit and now I'm past it. 

I never want to quit riding and if I take care of myself I should be able to do it for a long time. These new sleds are making that a reality. 

I have an icepack on my back and a heating pad on my shoulder as I am typing so there is that though :lol: 

I've done a lot of shit I thought I wanted to do just to find out it wasn't really something I liked.  Know what?  Perfect!!!  Never have to do that "what if? shit at the end of our lives.  SOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!

I'm different when it comes to riding (or anything else).  At a certain point when I am unable to perform at a certain level...I'm out.  I just don't see being a touristy type rider.  But, you never know.  Sometimes I think it would be fun to mess around in deep pow with little risk of dying or being maimed in the trees.  Kinda like jet skiing.  We'll see.  My adrenaline levels are still high which leads me to believe I'm still due for an early demise somehow.  :lol:

I do wonder why I quit golf though.  I still enjoyed it.  It wasn't hard on me.  I just stopped playing.  Weird.  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've done a lot of shit I thought I wanted to do just to find out it wasn't really something I liked.  Know what?  Perfect!!!  Never have to do that "what if? shit at the end of our lives.  SOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!

I'm different when it comes to riding (or anything else).  At a certain point when I am unable to perform at a certain level...I'm out.  I just don't see being a touristy type rider.  But, you never know.  Sometimes I think it would be fun to mess around in deep pow with little risk of dying or being maimed in the trees.  Kinda like jet skiing.  We'll see.  My adrenaline levels are still high which leads me to believe I'm still due for an early demise somehow.  :lol:

I do wonder why I quit golf though.  I still enjoyed it.  It wasn't hard on me.  I just stopped playing.  Weird.  :dunno:

Trail riding is fun if you have a fast sled and like modding and tinkering in the garage. I'll always do that. I agree on the trying shit and seeing how you feel about it. That called living and a surprising amount of people get stuck in a mental rut and never get out. 

I loved golfing , I sucked at it for sure and I miss playing it but it was hard as fuck on my back too. Probably worse than sledding

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh yeah....many people leave Minnesota for other life pursuits.....it seems all make it back.  Love this state!  Especially the northern part of it.

:bc:

Amen .....I'm counting down the days

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I'm too old now, but fuck man, I raced sno-x into my 40s and was hucking some decent jumps.  Stop with that horse shit.  Send that Thundercat!!11! :lol:   and yes on the bold.:bc: 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I bet zambroski has dreams about doing shit like that......unfortunately he probably looks more like gummy on his 4tec doing sweet jumps :lol: 

Need some context for Z here. Doubt he knows who the murse is or about this legendary jump vid. :lol:

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I'm too old now, but fuck man, I raced sno-x into my 40s and was hucking some decent jumps.  Stop with that horse shit.  Send that Thundercat!!11! :lol:   and yes on the bold.:bc: 

:lol: I just switched the heating pad to my back and the ice to my shoulder. Almost ready to head out to the garage