XLT

Rod

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Worst tripple ever made?

Huh? Likely the best from what I have heard. Mine has over 10,000 trouble free miles and is still going strong. Problems arose when people started piping them. They don't like that very much for some reason. 

HPIM1000 (Large).JPG

IMG_0503 (Large).JPG

HPIM1027 (Medium).JPG

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Huh? Likely the best from what I have heard. Mine has over 10,000 trouble free miles and is still going strong. Problems arose when people started piping them. They don't like that very much for some reason. 

HPIM1000 (Large).JPG

IMG_0503 (Large).JPG

HPIM1027 (Medium).JPG

I destroyed this exact sled in less than 7 days :lol: it even had the guy who I bought it froms daughters name airbrushed on it. "Nicole" was her name and she served me well for about 300 miles. Absolutely cherry when I bought that filthy whore and she spent her first night with me in the bottom of longyear lake :lol: I pulled her out in the morning and spent 15 minutes getting her ready for the next days ride lolz

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I destroyed this exact sled in less than 7 days :lol: it even had the guy who I bought it froms daughters name airbrushed on it. "Nicole" was her name and she served me well for about 300 miles. Absolutely cherry when I bought that filthy whore and she spent her first night with me in the bottom of longyear lake :lol: I pulled her out in the morning and spent 15 minutes getting her ready for the next days ride lolz

Are you proud to be that stupid? 

I remember wanting to race a guy who had one with my 1996 MXZ 440... he scoffed at the idea. No way a 440 could beat a 600 triple!!

lol I beat him fairly easy. Didn’t realize back then the XLT only had around 6 more hp than the 440 did :lol: 

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Are you proud to be that stupid? 

I have had dozens of sleds and had countless dozens of good times with them......you on the other hand are a faggot in the stylings of snowrider.......die in a fire faggot ass faggot

I got about 500 out of mine.  Hit a sand trap on the golf course, first ride.

Blew it up a few weeks later , doing lake runs. Son of bitch was so loud you couldn't start it in the garage. The whole neighborhood knew when I was coming and going. 

Sold it to some asshole and he threw it back together with a bad rod bearing.

Got a call from the poor guy who bought it. My name was still on the registration. Told him you got burnt , he knew it had a bad crank when he sold it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, irv said:

HPIM1000 (Large).JPG

IMG_0503 (Large).JPG

HPIM1027 (Medium).JPG

I had the same yr

• Like 1

I had a 95 XCR 600 that blew up 3 times in its first year.   Crank seals if memory serves.  Thank god for warranties.  I ended up putting a set of SLP triple pipes on it and it ran like a bear for the rest of the season.  I sold it after one season because I didn't trust it.

Edited by DriftBusta

2 hours ago, irv said:

HPIM1000 (Large).JPG

IMG_0503 (Large).JPG

HPIM1027 (Medium).JPG

My 1994 was one of my rentals, sold it to a guy on the Lake here, still running today with more than 25,000, engine has never been torn down, compression is low, I installed a manual primer for the guy who owns it now.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I had a 95 XCR 600 that blew up 3 times in its first year.   Crank seals if memory serves.  Thank god for warranties.  I ended up putting a set of SLP triple pipes on it and it ran like a bear for the rest of the season.  I sold it after one season because I didn't trust it.

Seems not much has changed for Poo.

56 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My 1994 was one of my rentals, sold it to a guy on the Lake here, still running today with more than 25,000, engine has never been torn down, compression is low, I installed a manual primer for the guy who owns it now.

I remember reading stories about XLT's with that many miles on them and never being torn down. The only thing I have ever done to mine is change the belt,  and even then, I only did it because I thought it was a good idea. I compared my new to the old and it was exactly the same width.

2 brothers I knew had 93's and they completely tore them down to make sure everything was square and true. Tuned the clutches, timing, jets,  you name it, and there wasn't anyone who could touch those guys on a lake.

I owned a 93 as well and loved that sled. It sounded like it was piped and would lift the skis no problem! A friend at work hounded and hounded me to sell it to him, which I regretfully did for the exact same money I paid for it, including taxes, but at the same time I was glad I was able to purchase the 95 I have now due to the Xtra 12 suspension. 

I purchased it used, with a 1000 miles on it for just over $6,000 dollars. With today's prices, in a good snow year, I don't think I'd have any trouble getting $2,500-$3,000 for it now up here. 

19 minutes ago, irv said:

I remember reading stories about XLT's with that many miles on them and never being torn down. The only thing I have ever done to mine is change the belt,  and even then, I only did it because I thought it was a good idea. I compared my new to the old and it was exactly the same width.

2 brothers I knew had 93's and they completely tore them down to make sure everything was square and true. Tuned the clutches, timing, jets,  you name it, and there wasn't anyone who could touch those guys on a lake.

I owned a 93 as well and loved that sled. It sounded like it was piped and would lift the skis no problem! A friend at work hounded and hounded me to sell it to him, which I regretfully did for the exact same money I paid for it, including taxes, but at the same time I was glad I was able to purchase the 95 I have now due to the Xtra 12 suspension. 

I purchased it used, with a 1000 miles on it for just over $6,000 dollars. With today's prices, in a good snow year, I don't think I'd have any trouble getting $2,500-$3,000 for it now up here. 

Bartender down the road gave me his 95 XLT SP for free 2 Summers ago, I went thru the whole thing and traded it for a 8-1/2 X 12 foot open Sled Bed trailer which I still have.

• Like 1

I had a 95 xlt sp with psi lake-blaster pipes.  Now wife then girlfriend actually bought it for me used in winter 97 cause she felt sorry for me being sore from coming home from tug hill with my 76 john deere liquifier.  :lol:No wonder my back hurts daily.  Rode it until about 2500 miles and only issue was choke cables.  Man did my buddies hate that sled.  I'd shove the ski tips against their snow-flaps and crack the throttle till they just got the hell out of my way.  I had finally had something with suspension.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, hayward said:

I had a 95 xlt sp with psi lake-blaster pipes.  Now wife then girlfriend actually bought it for me used in winter 97 cause she felt sorry for me being sore from coming home from tug hill with my 76 john deere liquifier.  :lol:No wonder my back hurts daily.  Rode it until about 2500 miles and only issue was choke cables.  Man did my buddies hate that sled.  I'd shove the ski tips against their snow-flaps and crack the throttle till they just got the hell out of my way.  I had finally had something with suspension.

That's fummy I had the 95 xlt and the liquifire.