NASCAR 2016

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

This is like two high school girls fighting. Quit pulling each others hair. :pc:

:bigfinger:

:lol:

:ashamed:

Earnhardt, Jr. feeling healthy; ready to talk contract extension: #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. says he believes he is more healthy now than he was before a crash at Michigan in June that caused a concussion, triggering balance and vision issues as well as nausea that kept him out for the final 18 races of 2016. He feels so good that he plans to resume contract negotiations with Hendrick Motorsports before he returns to racing in late February when the 2017 season opens at Daytona. The 42-year-old driver's contract is up at the end of 2017, and contract negotiations were put on hold after he stepped out of the car in July. Earnhardt, who in August decided not to return at all in 2016, tested Wednesday at Darlington Raceway and has been cleared to return to racing.
"We're probably going to revisit that [contract extension] before the season starts," Earnhardt said Friday during a teleconference with reporters. "I've told you guys that before I got sick, me and [team owner] Rick [Hendrick] had been sitting down and talking about our future and the extension and what we wanted to do and all that stuff was starting to come together."
"I wouldn't be coming back to the seat and wanting to drive and excited about driving cars if there was any risk other than the typical risk that every driver faces on Sunday," said Earnhardt, who also suffered two concussions early in his career. "I feel very confident in what I've seen in myself, my improvement and I feel confident in what my doctors tell me about my future."
Earnhardt said he does not expect he will have to undergo any additional tests because of his concussion history if he gets into a crash other than the evaluation given to any other driver. "I have a personal responsibility to myself, to be smart, make great decisions for myself," Earnhardt said. "My health is No. 1. ... I'm not going to take any unnecessary risks with my own health." The driver said beyond having a new helmet, he also has not changed any of his safety devices inside the race car. During the test Wednesday, Earnhardt would drive the car for 15-30 laps and then would be evaluated by his doctor during a 20-minute break. The test lasted about five hours, and Earnhardt said it helped him build his confidence. Earnhardt will test again Jan. 31-Feb. 1 at Phoenix International Raceway.(ESPN.com), read the complete transcript of Earnhardt, Jr's teleconference.(12-9-2016)

New Hampshire Motor Speedway constructing snowmobile bridge

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 12:30 AM EST Updated: Dec 13, 2016 12:30 AM EST

LOUDON, N.H. (AP) - The New Hampshire Motor Speedway is constructing a snowmobile bridge across a brook in the Loudon area.

The bridge should be completed by early next week.

Speedway Executive Vice President David McGrath says it will help protect snowmobilers and other people who use the trails on and around the speedway.

The bridge, made of reconstructed steel, is 10 feet wide and will span 40 feet across with guardrails mounted on both sides for added safety. Speedway operations crews will also install a second smaller crossover bridge that will be used to cross a small portion of a forested wetland associated with Bumfagon Brook.

• Like 1